ah Ed's first news letter is out

71st_Mastiff

I would post it but don't know how to post a news letter, so here some short ref; from it. The news letter has some nice graphics and pics.

TFC/ED NEWSLETTER

Friends!

This is the first of occasional newsletters to keep you informed of new developments for existing and future titles.

The first message is for holiday discounts!

DCS: Black Shark 2 - 30%

DCS: A-10C Warthog - 50%

Discounts last from 23 December till 9 January

The DCS: Black Shark 2 upgrade was released in November 2011, providing compatibility with DCS: A-10C Warthog and including new features. It can be purchased from http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop

Video:

Free patch 1.1.1.1 has been released for the Christmas & New Year holiday season for A-10C Warthog and Black Shark 2. This includes bug fixes, as well as new features, many based on user requests. http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/patches/

The development and localisation teams are working hard on finalising the French version of DCS: A-10C Warthog. The Spanish download version of DCS: A-10C Warthog is now available, and the retail DVD version is planned for a release in February.

Development continues on the upcoming add-on "Combined Arms". This paid-for add-on will allow A-10C Warthog, Black Shark 2, and Flaming Cliffs 3 owners to:

- act as ground force commanders as the mission is running,

- direct ground units,

- set fire missions for artillery and multiple rocket launchers,

- take the role of a Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC).

As the JTAC, players will have:

- night vision goggles,

- IR pointer,

- laser designator,

- Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR).

Several other new items are still being considered. Combined Arms will work in both single player and multiplayer missions.

Development also continues on Flaming Cliffs 3. This will be a paid-for update to the Flaming Cliffs series which brings it to the level of modern DCS, the most remarkable changes are:

- mission editor,

- AI,

- units,

- dynamic weather,

- graphics sfx.

We consider to include several improvements to aircraft flight models and systems, a resource management system, and several other new features. This will also make Flaming Cliffs online compatible with A-10C and Black Shark 2. The price will depend on the features we include.

Nevada map will become available in the summer. This will be a paid-for add-on that will be compatible with A-10C, Black Shark 2, and FC3. Users that purchased the A-10C beta will get this map for free.

The first "DCS Flying Legends" aircraft will be released in the first half of 2012. As soon as it has gone into "Alpha" testing we will announce the aircraft type.

And, of course - The next US fixed wing jet DCS aircraft is being worked in parallel!

PC PILOT, issue 78 to be published in February 2012 will include a review of Black Shark 2

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

All great news (like an early Christmas present) ... looking forward to the day when FC3, A-10 and BS2 all jammin' together over Nevada!!! These series of sims have been consuming the lion's share of my gaming time for the last few years ... looks like that will continue for the foreseeable future. :D

SleepyCanuck :sleep:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

An early Christmas present? Are you kidding me ? Dear ED members, please don't send us sth we have known for almost two months as a Christmas present , you didn't even bother to change a single word.

I apologise - perhaps you would like a refund for that email?

Nate

• Like 1

Nevada map will become available in the summer.

:cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: ASUS Crosshair III Formula / CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4 GHz / RAM: Corsair XMS3 8GB / GPU: HIS Radeon HD 6850

Display: Sony Bravia 32" HDTV / Peripherals: TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, TIR5, Bose A20, Mini fridge w/ Yuengling

So those of us that brought the early Beta are going to have to wait until the summer for Nevada. 18 months almost .... That SUCKS Bigtime :(

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

Can someone enlighten me on combined arms.Will I be able to pilot an A10 or a KA50 against ground units that are being commanded by a real person?That would be most excellent!!

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

So those of us that brought the early Beta are going to have to wait until the summer for Nevada. 18 months almost .... That SUCKS Bigtime :(

More like six months. 18 months would be the case if it was to be released in summer 2013, which it is not. From now to summer 2012 is approximately six months.

Thanks Kuky

Yes that's what I meant

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

18 months since the beta and god knows how long since the Nevada project was started. I dont really mind though, its going to be good to get sonething new to fly over, but Im not exactly holding my breath for the Nevada scenery.

Guys, how many times do you have to be reminded that the Nevada talked about here is not the Nevada that was in the first few open beta versions? ;)

Wolfstriked: as the newsletter states:

Development continues on the upcoming add-on "Combined Arms". This paid-for add-on will allow A-10C Warthog, Black Shark 2, and Flaming Cliffs 3 owners to:

- act as ground force commanders as the mission is running,

- direct ground units,

- set fire missions for artillery and multiple rocket launchers,

- take the role of a Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC).

As the JTAC, players will have:

- night vision goggles,

- IR pointer,

- laser designator,

- Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR).

Several other new items are still being considered. Combined Arms will work in both single player and multiplayer missions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester