580 members have voted

1. 1. New next western jet poll

• F-16C
    • F-15C
    • F-15E (probably not possible)
    • F-14A/A+/B/D
    • F/A-18A/C/
    • F/A-18E (doesnt seem that possible)
    • AV-8B /GR.7/9 (although essentialy another mud mover)
    • F-35 (doesnt seem possible)
    • F-22 (doesnt seem possible)
    • Typhoon (outsider since i have one poll slot more available :P)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd prefer any non-USA aircraft.

Not because there's anything wrong whit US aircraft, but others like the harrier, saab viggen and mirage are rarely seen in any kind of serious simulation.

Russian aircraft are welcome to.

Carrier ops is a big plus also.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

What about the F/A-18F, or better yet the G version.

There is hardly any ECM simulation and no ECCM at all in the sim. I doubt that this would make the next module.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

What about the F/A-18F, or better yet the G version.

Like i have say several times the F/A-18E Super Hornet (and the F version too) don't need to find classified data for the first version, technically its possible to see it for the next DCS aircraft, but for the last upgrade of the Super Hornet and same for the G use classified technology and like Sobek have say DCS for the moment can't simulate advanced jamming system.

But what about make two version of the same aircraft ? single and two seat ?

If its an Hornet (C or E) make too the D or F version ?

For single mission the user must using the single seat cause i think Human pilot + AI copilot or worst AI pilot + human copilot...That will be really bad cause actual AI are not really good, the AI will never firing correctly and make that without any realism and will piloting so bad like a Boeing 747, do stupid collision and the flight will be boring...

But for multiplayer the dual cockpit can be really nice, with integrated command for talk directly with the crew without spaming general teamspeak/skype team conversation.

The single and dual seat have several difference but a great part of the programming will be done, same thing for F-15C/D Eagle and the F-16 too.

A lot of people want to flight alone but a lot too will want to experiment the dual seat.

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

I vote for the Harrier!

- It is a very interesting aircraft with unique possibilities.

- It is an older aircraft without too many secrets (should be no big problem for ED to simulate)

- Still can be useful for millitaries to have a good harrier simulation.

- Guess what kind of interesting A2A combat you can get with the Harrier. :D

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Harrier can be interesting for Flying Legend aircraft, but i think the US army never will ask for an harrier, the next aircraft must be rescent its maybe why ED make the Flying Legend i think, for make us aircraft 100 civil and not a civil from a military simulator adaptation.

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

Can't wait to see how ED can work the complex prop physics of the flying legends plane.I really enjoy crosswind landings in the A10 and props should add more issues to the mix.just last night I landed this 39mph? crosswind landing 90 deg to runway.Just a beautiful landing where I yawed at the perfect time and banked at the perfect time and flared just perfect.Made my head a bit larger I must say.So I went full throttle and did a touch and go and proceeded to attempt landings with such force and all weird things happening like broken gears and not even landing on runway.I had to end the night on the "you suck as a pilot" note.Should of turned the sim off and walked away when my head was full.:joystick::D

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

Good luck with the G version ... :D

I know, but this is a wish list, right? Hehe. Having the G to do SAM suppression and EW would be fun. Maybe ED could do something if they do make the F model to give it a secondary roll.

I really hope it's the F since a very good friend of mine used to work on them (he's right now with the Blue Angels).

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

What's with the F14 fetish and why no EU fighters on the list?

IF ED ever gave any sign of capability or access to necessary information or interest to simulate european fighters, myself i would be the first to even pre-fund such a project :P (Mirage 2000 all the way baby !) I personally dig on M2000, Typhoon, Gripen, Vigen, Rafale, Mirage F1, (tornado find it kinda boring) Not to mention that i strongly believe some jets of this group, do deserve by all means to be the subject of a proper commercial release (no matter the vendor) M2000 & Typhoon & Rafale & Gripen definitely should .... but this poll, with only 10 available slots and no option for grouping options, is made more within the margins of what could be realistically expected from ED, with some minor twist too ofcourse :P

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

On SIMHQ forums under "General Air Combat (modern era) there is currently 1 forum header for DCS.A-10C Warthog, and 5 forum headers for F-4 in all its various incarnations - the market is if not saturated with F-16 sims, then at least well watered with them

so... you've now proved only that 1) Simulator fans are clinging to Falcon 4 THIRTEEN YEARS after it was made, which would indicate the F-16 remains a popular subject for simulation, and 2) Simulator fans are pouring huge amounts of effort into an attempt to keep a decade-plus game relevant , which is a pretty good indication that THERE ARE NO COMPETING PRODUCTS OUT THERE.

The fact that there are tons of forums for F4 mods doesn't mean the market is saturated, it means that there are tons of forums for F4 mods.

That said, I'd be plenty happy with any number of different aircraft, but I'd prefer an F-16. I'd love an F-15E, but I think the AI backseater route would leave much to be desired, and while you could "hot seat" swap between seats (or even do it all from the front; if I recall, both seats have access to all the systems), you'd be severely overtasked and it would degrade the true effectiveness of the aircraft.

I'd certainly settle for an F/A-18, though I've always thought it was a pretty hideous and hideously lackluster aircraft. I'd be very unhappy with the F-14 due to it's rather one-dimensional mission/purpose (heck, even an F-106 would probably be more fun to play... at least then you get to play around with obscure technology... like nuclear A2A missiles!). But I'd even be more than happy with an F-5E (no, I'm not missing a digit. I mean the lightweight fighter), F-105, F-8, Gripen, Eurofighter, Tornado, Jaguar, etc. Rather stay away from Russian aircraft, because I like my aircraft to have avionics. And the A/C in Russian use are NOT the super badass cool guy new models... those are export-only by and large. I guess the Su30MkI would be kinda neat... but I'd prefer something western.

And if you can't tell, I think a light fighter/attack aircraft would be fun. F-16C followed by MiG29? Roger. Jaguar/F-5E paired with MiG21? Awesome.

Edited by OutOnTheOP
  • Like 1

so... you've now proved only that 1) Simulator fans are clinging to Falcon 4 THIRTEEN YEARS after it was made, which would indicate the F-16 remains a popular subject for simulation, and 2) Simulator fans are pouring huge amounts of effort into an attempt to keep a decade-plus game relevant , which is a pretty good indication that THERE ARE NO COMPETING PRODUCTS OUT THERE.

The fact that there are tons of forums for F4 mods doesn't mean the market is saturated, it means that there are tons of forums for F4 mods.

+1

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

We don't need to discuss it anymore, next DCS must be F-16C.

edited by BB auto typo correction

Yeah might be, but I think we all will go to another world at the end of 2012 .:megalol:

:lol::lol:

why no EU fighters on the list?

because it's a poll to see what next US fighter it'll be.... :huh:

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

Well genbrien, the poll does say "next western jet". ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Well genbrien, the poll does say "next western jet". ;)

Yes but from our perspective you're from the East side of the planet ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The planet is an oblate spheroid, it doesn't have sides. ;)

...unless you meant hemisphere. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The planet is an oblate spheroid, it doesn't have sides. ;)

Sir Calendar, M. Clock and Ms. Watch would disagree with you :music_whistling::D

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]