JTAC entry from TAD

pcalvert

I have been trying the JTAC entry from the TAD (I saw how to do it in a video). It all seems to work, the 'New tasking' sign flashes on both MFCD's but no little red triangle appears on the TAD! Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? (I make sure it say's 'hook own' on the TAD).

Thanks. if you can help :)

Asus Rampage II Extreme, i7 920 @3.8Gh, 6Gb Corsair Dominator 1600hz, Msi GTX 470 Twin Frozr, Corsair 850w Mod PSU, TIR 5, HOTAS WH

Yes - I thought that may have been the problem the first time it happened but I re-started the flight zoomed right out and - same thing!

Asus Rampage II Extreme, i7 920 @3.8Gh, 6Gb Corsair Dominator 1600hz, Msi GTX 470 Twin Frozr, Corsair 850w Mod PSU, TIR 5, HOTAS WH

Did you ACKnowledge the new tasking (bottom right button I think). Are you looking in the right part of the map.

Whoops yes it is WILCO not ACK, stupid memory! thanks Jona!

Edited by bluepilot76

Technical Specs: Asus G73JW gaming laptop... i7-740QM 1.73GHz ... GTX460m 1.5GB ... 8GB DDR5 RAM ... Win7 64 ... TIR5 ... Thrustmaster T16000m

Yes - opposite the 'wilco' sign on the right side of the MFCD somehitng flashes up in red. When I watched the video that same thing happened - plus the little red triangle. When I hit 'wilco'.. everything disappears!

China Hat Forward is mapped to the V key. China Hat Aft is the C key. IIRC = "If I recall correctly".

So with your TAD as SOI press "V" once. The upper corner of the TAD will say EXP1 and the map will turn so that "up" on the map is North. It will stop following your plane as it normally does, but you'll be able to scroll around the map now using slew commands. Press V two more times to get back to the normal "follow my plane and point the map where I'm flying" mode.

The WILCO is a green word that shows on the left side of the TAD when you have tasking. Across from it on the right side will be CNTCO in red. Click the outside button on the TAD for whichever option you want. I didn't know it sets your SPI if you WILCO though, I'll have to try that out. :)

Whats IIRC?

It means people who use forums use acronyms way too much :lol:

If I recall correctly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: ASUS Crosshair III Formula / CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4 GHz / RAM: Corsair XMS3 8GB / GPU: HIS Radeon HD 6850

Display: Sony Bravia 32" HDTV / Peripherals: TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, TIR5, Bose A20, Mini fridge w/ Yuengling

Regarding the OP's original question, not all JTAC capable units can send a red triangle...some just send a 9-Line with a UTM coordinate in the 9-Line brief. (This is why it is very important to know how to create a new waypoint from a UTM coordinate)

Regarding the OP's original question, not all JTAC capable units can send a red triangle...some just send a 9-Line with a UTM coordinate in the 9-Line brief. (This is why it is very important to know how to create a new waypoint from a UTM coordinate)

Does that mean that some "NEW TASKING" will have the triangle yet others won't? Or that some JTAC won't do the whole data link tasking thing?

'CNTCO in red' - I'll try pressing that first before 'wilco'.. A bit late tonight though... I'm knackered! I'll post tomorrow if it works :)

- Aldega - Thanks.. IIRC.. got it now! :))

Oh okay... well I press wilco and - no red triangle... Warrior x said some jtacs can't send a triangle.. how would one know if you can or can't?

My info for this topic is straight from memory, so I may be wrong, but I seem to have a distinct memory of the JTAC being EPLRS dependent for a datalink (red triangle). I think this was introduced in 1109.

It's up to the mission designer if they use a EPLRS capable unit as a JTAC.

No EPLRS....no data link. (Make sure your GroupID and OWNID are set to 01)

I ALWAYS copy the UTM coordinates, so just in case there is no datalink.

• ED Team
Oh okay... well I press wilco and - no red triangle... Warrior x said some jtacs can't send a triangle.. how would one know if you can or can't?

JTAC can send the triangle, but he has to be equipped with EPLRS radio for that. When he says 'Stand by Data', at this moment he initiates the transmission of J12.0 - digital 9-liner which will generate the red triangle on TAD, and J28.0 - text message with 9-liner which you can read on the MSG page.

Edit: partially sniped. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

So, hitting wilco will snap the SPI over the red triangle.. I didn't know that. This whole time I have been having to find the red triangle first, then moving the cursor over it and then making it the spi with the TMS.. Thanks, fellas for the tip, this will save some heads down time.

I think that if you assign a unit with "fac - assign group" (or something like it), it has a check-box for "datalink". I suspect, based on info in this thread, that leaving this unmarked, will disable the units capability of sending the red triangle. So it may not exclusively be dependent on whether the unit got EPLRS equipment. I await correction...

Edited by Inseckt

Help Beczl with his DCS MiG-21Bis project

by Pre-Ordering DCS MiG-21Bis module NOW!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO PRE-ORDER PAGE AT INDIEGOGO

So, hitting wilco will snap the SPI over the red triangle..

Alright, unless something has changed in that I don't know about, this is not the correct procedure.

AFAIK, Your original procedure was correct, sorry....no free lunch.

Im gonna go try it to be sure. I will edit this post if I am wrong, I have been before.

Edited by WarriorX

I tried it in SP. Didn't work for me.

Another question, in MP when my flight lead hands me off a target, I usually hit the ACK button to clear the new tasking prompt, and then designate the red triangle. What happens when I hit the Wilco button? Does something show up on his tad that shows I have received and am able to attack? Am I missing something by not hitting Wilco?

Edited by Rider1