BS2 off runway Landing

anthonye

Having BS1, I posted awhile ago about the off runway landing, rough ground which nearly always ended with a crash, and the sticky terrain.

Has this been improved with BS2. I know a few have always managed it in BS1, but wont to know before I buy it.

Anthony

you are landing in a vertical descent without moving forward ?

Usually can land with no problem with no forward movement.

Have you try to land with autohover and the D button pressed for the autodescent?

Yes with BS1 I did have autohover on, on the odd landing when I tried to take off, just ended up with it exploding. Taxi slow from the runway to flat ground also caused explosion as well. It was like the crash detection of the off runway was too critical no matter how carefull you are.

I have not read anywhere that it has been changed in BS2, would have been handy to be able to land anywhere to do something in the cockpit.

Thanks for reply, looks like I will leave buying......

Anthony

At Sukhumi:

In the Dirt:

7e3bc0fa.jpg

Next to a River:

db94cced.jpg

Side of a Mountain:

35b1357c.jpg

Obviously cannot guarantee that the rest of the map will be flawless - In the above I just picked random areas and landed. No explosions/adverse effects. Would post a track as verification but it will not help you :)

Edited by 159th_Viper
  • Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Pressure :P

Jokes aside - I'm only good for 10 minutes at a time at present :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Having BS1, I posted awhile ago about the off runway landing, rough ground which nearly always ended with a crash, and the sticky terrain.

Has this been improved with BS2. I know a few have always managed it in BS1, but wont to know before I buy it.

Anthony

Having read all the replies, I bought it. I have to say that the problem is not there as in BS1. Had a couple of mishaps, but I think that was down to me not being smooth enough :(

Thanks for replies, just need to sort out the mapping for the X52.

Anthony

• 2 weeks later...
And i have to say thats not true. The problem is still there.

The evidence at 21:05min

I see what you mean, must be a load of crashes in the world if helo's behave like this.

Another report that was not fixed again......

I thought it was me, but seems not. A sim ?, think not.

Random damage occurring while landing on non paved surfaces might be due to (pseudo?)random and invisible bumpiness programmed into terrain textures. This occurred to me while landing and my nosewheel hit something, slid to the side and then touched the terrain. After the initial bump and slide the chopper stood there just fine. It could be that when you crash while gently touching down it's because you land on a pile of invisible rocks. Whether these bumpy areas are procedurally created, ie. they have always the same position or random is unknown to me. If you make an emergency landing on a road with the Hog and swerve off-road the plane will jump around pretty violently while going over invisible bumps.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron