New Hardware Vs. Performance Gain

hreich

I would like to invite everybody to post your system spec. and FPS count in campaign mission No.1 in LOMAC Flaming cliffs, so that people can compare their systems...

I am running Lomac Fc 1.1 pacthed, and sometimes during campaign while flying over flot my FPS drops to 4-5...

My Config: Athlon XP 2100, Radeon 9800 xt, 1,5 gb memory, Cat 5.7 drivers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

There's no FLOT in that one so my attack frames would be less over lots of targets, but I used the same settings as the first poster.

start 25

initial feet wet 42

far out at sea 65

ship attack 26

SLI 6800gt's in multi-GPU mode

Dual Opteron 246 processors

2 gigs DDR400

Tyan K8WE dually mobo

Dual RAID0 disk arrays, system volume on 10k rpm Raptors, game/swapfile volume on 7200rpm SATAII hitachis.

Dedicated window air conditioner with dryer vent hose blowing in side of case across video cards and one mobo chip...all get really hot with standard cooling attempts.

Pic here.

------------------

Wingmen should pretty much stick to two radio transmissions, "Two." or "Sir, you're on fire."

System spec in sig.

settings1.jpg

In game settings.

4xAA & 8xAF

FPS is 40-50. drops to 28-30 over cities & ground battles.

BTW Mission 1 of which campaign? Su-27? Su-25?

What is "VISB RNG = Loman4"?

My fps over large cities drops to 20-25 fps.

Water=medium

Resolution = 1024

AAx2 AFx4

FX-55(2.7Ghz) + GF6800Ultra (o/c) + 2GB RAM...

What I´m doing wrong?

In the second 25t campaign with the FLOT in the first mission, it gets ugly at those high settings.

ingress low through mountains around 18

enemy paints me with AAA radar while I'm hitting with rockets 0 (slideshow)

I have to reduce settings around ground objects, especially radars, pretty sad when my machine is so beefy.

pasting specs again---------

2 gigs DDR400

Tyan K8WE dually mobo

Dual RAID0 disk arrays, system volume on 10k rpm Raptors, game/swapfile volume on 7200rpm SATAII hitachis.

Dedicated window air conditioner with dryer vent hose blowing in side of case across video cards and one mobo chip...all get really hot with standard cooling attempts.

Pic Here.

------------------

Wingmen should pretty much stick to two radio transmissions, "Two." or "Sir, you're on fire."

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
In the second 25t campaign with the FLOT in the first mission, it gets ugly at those high settings.

ingress low through mountains around 18

enemy paints me with AAA radar while I'm hitting with rockets 0 (slideshow)

I have to reduce settings around ground objects, especially radars, pretty sad when my machine is so beefy.

pasting specs again---------

2 gigs DDR400

Tyan K8WE dually mobo

Pic Here.

WTF Kinda setup is that :D, are the MFD screens real, by real, i mean do they work with lomac and display the same info via some scripting ? or are they just a picture to make things look cool ?

WTF Kinda setup is that :D, are the MFD screens real, by real, i mean do they work with lomac and display the same info via some scripting ? or are they just a picture to make things look cool ?

The MFD's are masterpilots, I have one but can't get it to work :(

thanks....i am just trying to find out if I am going to buy new hardware (here in Croatia it is still expensive to buy anything faster than AMD XP 2100+ processors), is this great game going to run that much faster...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

I wish they were LCD and I wish Falcon could export MFD data, but no, just made to look nice.

The pit has sure been nice and stable over the years...lots of flight time on those masterpilots, x-keys ICP, and x-keys matrix driving some switches in the landing gear quadrant.

foot

p.s. I spent some more time playing with the graphics settings in LOMAN and boy that helps frames to find a good profile or mix of settings using that tool.

------------------