View changing alone

Drakkhen

Hi,

I noticed, since Flaming Cliffs have been installed, an irregular rotation of the camera (probability 80% left, 20% down-left). The rotation is continuous when started.

After many flights and many flight-tests, I at last understood it was linked with the stall-speed/AOA of the aircraft. Don't know why, but whatever plane I fly 25T or MiG, when the aircraft slows two much and AOA climbs, the camera suddenly rotates [down]left.

I thought the keyboard/collie-hat controls were to blame but even when removing them in view controls, the problem keeps occuring.

Ah... another point: when camera commonly moves/rotates, could it be possible to make its linear and angular speeds fps dependant only and not time-factor dependant? Thanx...

Even though, this sim kicks!

"Heroism is the only way to get famous when you got no talent" Pierre Desproges

"Whether fifty millions people say a stupid thing,

it's still a stupid thing." Anatole France

No one ever experienced such a problem?

I can't figure out how to resolve this without keybord/buttons settings making any difference.

You'll find the track files here (v1.1 tracks, 161Ko).

For these three flights, I didn't use keyboard for any view command, only lights, brakes, flaps and gears controls.

View rotations for 2 and 3 occurs while no key/button is pressed.

View rotation 1 occurs while holding shift to deploy flaps (shift-F).

1- View changes while making the slow right turn to join approach path entrance (when bearing arrives on 345).

2- View changes when plane stops after fake emergency landing (~60kts).

3- View changes at the very same time the plane enters the taxiway.

It sometime occurs in a middle of a dogfight, often when between short beacon and runway or on final descent to Kuzy (when it's most dangerous). But it only happens on external and internal (F1, F2), never in free cam, pursuit or locked ones (to target, and fly-by) where camera sight repeatedly refreshes.

Hi,

I noticed, since Flaming Cliffs have been installed, an irregular rotation of the camera (probability 80% left, 20% down-left). The rotation is continuous when started.

After many flights and many flight-tests, I at last understood it was linked with the stall-speed/AOA of the aircraft. Don't know why, but whatever plane I fly 25T or MiG, when the aircraft slows two much and AOA climbs, the camera suddenly rotates [down]left.

I thought the keyboard/collie-hat controls were to blame but even when removing them in view controls, the problem keeps occuring.

Ah... another point: when camera commonly moves/rotates, could it be possible to make its linear and angular speeds fps dependant only and not time-factor dependant? Thanx...

Even though, this sim kicks!

Are New View utility installed on your PC?

Are you have TrackIR, Cam2Pan?

Have you engaged the cockpit mouse view control?

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad and Rise Of Flight projects manager

Are New View utility installed on your PC?
No. Simple 1.0 upgraded to 1.1, nothing else.
Are you have TrackIR, Cam2Pan?
No. Common keyboard numpad control.
Have you engaged the cockpit mouse view control?
No. Didn't even tried it once.

Ok, I just tried and after four flights, the problem didn't occur.

But since the joy and its configuration didn't change between 1.02 and 1.1, and since there was no problem at all with 1.0 and 1.02, I don't see how I could correct this right now.

As I said, I have no view control set on the joy, I only use keyboard for this.

Could be just an hint for devs.

Ah... I noticed that SWFFB throttle is not a stable input (value constantly varies) maybe is there some disturbance with this or another input.

Edit:

Even with joy connected and configured, if we don't touch it in-game, the problem doesn't occur. Seems linked to variation of some sort of the inputs.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. Tested the stick with other games and on another machine (with 1.02 only, the guy doesn't have the real stuff) and the stick works just fine. The only problem seems to be with 1.1. :(