Is it realistic for JTAC to target boats?

mooshim

Cheers All,

I don't even know if it's possible in the editor... I was just curious if anyone has ever heard of such a thing as a JTAC targeting a parked (moored) or water borne target underway IRL or in the sim.

Cheers,

Moosh

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 | Intel Core 2 Quad | Q8400 @ 2.66GHz | 2.67 GHz 3.37GB of RAM 60gig Samsung SSD| GTX 570

"Operation: Bull by the Horns" "Bull Run 2.0"

Cheers All,

I don't even know if it's possible in the editor... I was just curious if anyone has ever heard of such a thing as a JTAC targeting a parked (moored) or water borne target underway IRL or in the sim.

Cheers,

Moosh

I think it's realistic for the controller to direct an attack on anything that poses a threat as long as he can see it from his position and the aircraft has ordnance that can handle the target.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64

JTAC doesn't have to see the target in Type 3 control. If its on the battlefield it's fair game. I would say that riverine targets are valid. A JTAC/TACP isn't going to be involved in anything littoral however. That's Navy territory.

Correct... but as a former TACP, I can say that it was certainly within our capabilities to do so, and we would train with working with the Navy for such targets off a coastline... ;-)

intel i7 960, Liquid cooled case, Vista 64bit, 8MB RAM, nVidia GTS250 XLR8 Extreme Performance 1MB, TM COUGAR HOTAS