Virtual Thunderbirds: The Heat - 1080p

LawnDart

Virtual Thunderbirds: "The Heat"

Highlights put together using footage from our practice shows flown November 13 & 14, 2011.

Download here!

• Quality: WMV HD 1080p
  • Length: 3:46
  • File size: 208 MB

Also available on our YouTube Channel and Vimeo in 1080p.

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

We're using something very similar to the 40% curves we were using on FSSB/FCC Cougars. We've varied a little bit over the past year in finding what worked best.

I, honestly, never felt any "stiction" even before I put the extension (Metalnwood's setup) on. Being the kinda guy I am though I can never leave well enough alone and have added some moly grease to mine anyway.

We do, as we have for years, fly with a touch of "nose down" trim in the game so that we're always off the center anyway. We did that even with the force mods when there was no movement.

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

Very nice flying VTB. :thumbup:

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Cool flying but... you should leave that pussy metal music out (that's really for woman, not for men), or at least put it way way more in the background. Muting is not an option since i want at least hear some engine noise if i look at a video like this... Now i did shut before (way) the end because of that.

Edited by Lange_666
  • Like 2

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Cool flying but... you should leave that pussy metal music out (that's really for woman, not for men), or at least put it way way more in the background. Muting is not an option since i want at least hear some engine noise if i look at a video like this... Now i did shut before (way) the end because of that.

Gosh....your wife wasn't in the mood last night?

• Like 3

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nope, your wife was?

BTW, even if she was (mine then)... i would stick to my point.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Thanks so much for the video. Excellent work and flying. all the team is amazing.......

I don't know who have make you the mod for the F16, but wow, excellent.

Edited by Lane

- I7 2600K @5.2ghz ( EK full Nickel waterblock )

- Gigabyte P67A-UD7 B3

- 8GB Predator 2133mhz

- 2x HD7970 - EK Nickel EN H2o block

- 2x Crucial realSSD C300 Raid0

- Black Widow Ultimate - X52 -TrackIR 5

- XIfi Titanium HD

- Win 7 x64Pro

There's always one in every crowd.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

And what kind of music do you listen to... Techno and trance? :megalol: Real men wore leather jeans with big hair and partied til the morning.

Options: be constructive or quit trolling.

And what kind of music do you listen to... Techno and trance? :megalol: Real men wore leather jeans with big hair and partied til the morning.

Options: be constructive or quit trolling.

Indeed. Faux electronica produced by emaciated French teenagers has nothing on 80s metal.

Awesome video! :D

Nobody asked you to watch let alone comment. Maybe if you were actually the leader of a team, had a busy life as a real airline pilot, could fly tight formation in-game, make high quality video productions, and get sponsored by an official game controller manufacturer... your opinion would maybe matter more.;)

Edited by Viper101

@Lange_666 I thought your comment was funny and everyone's entitled to their opinion. At least it wasn't Katy Perry! ;)

Just shows that no matter what genre of music is chosen there's always someone with "better" taste.

It's all good and thanks for all the comments!

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Saw the real thing practicing at Nellis Today. You guys look pretty damn close to the real deal!!!

Thanks for the compliment! :)

That's the idea. We even use the same timing (TOT) as the real team, so as you can imagine it's a handful to learn for someone who's new to it (counting seconds and flying params to a tee).

Saw the real thing practicing at Nellis Today. You guys look pretty damn close to the real deal!!!

That was their final show (private in house), their season is complete.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP