Outstanding Major Bugs in FC2

Nate--IRL--

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'd like in FC3:

[*]Add payload screen. It is annoying choosing payload via text commands. It is not DOS time. :)

At the very least, payload selection by pylon or pylon pairing. With that "possible resource system" defining what weapons are allowed to be used, either through the depletion of said resource or mission designer choice.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Yeah resource system would be great, I've been waiting for it years. In campaign you will not loose precious Vikhrs or Kh-29T for Igla and use more economy tactics.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• ED Team
I suppose a patch will solve those bugs also in FC2?

Greetings

This will not be a patch. It will be a paid-for add-on title for those who have already purchased LockOn and/or FC2.

Edited by JimMack
more info
  • Like 1

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

As another point: Rikus, the reason for this thread is specifically to let the community voice their opinion on what should be prioritized.

That's the whole reason for the thread. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

We'd like you to fix the following issues:

- On russian airplanes we're unable to navigate using the HSI of the airplane once you are on an attack mode. The HSI seems to be frozen and won't give us new information regarding distance and position of the selected waypoints. For this reason we have a hard time navigating and searching air contacts, at the same time, during combat air patrols.

- Besides the SU25/25T all airplanes have a big issue with their navigation lights. You can't see them if farther than a mile or so. Therefore during night time operations, formation flights are pretty much impossible.

- The fresnel lights on the Kutznesov are very hard to see during approach until you are a few meters of the deck. Those lights are a visual path indicator and we need to see them at least 3/4 of a mile (US NAVY requirements). 2-3 Km would be a good help, specially during a dark night scenario.

- During multiplayer missions on the Kutznesov. All players seem to appear in the same spot when the mission is launched. It would be more realistic to be able to use different parking slots for the different aircraft involved in a multiplayer mission. Same thing as we have in an air base.

- We'd love to have improved flight dynamics on the FC3 airplanes, just the way we have on the SU25/25T which looks so much more realistic.

Thank you.

- On russian airplanes we're unable to navigate using the HSI of the airplane once you are on an attack mode. The HSI seems to be frozen and won't give us new information regarding distance and position of the selected waypoints. For this reason we have a hard time navigating and searching air contacts, at the same time, during combat air patrols.

In FC2, this affects all planes. Known limitation (not technically a bug) and definitely on my wishlist. Can't say whether it'll make it though.

- We'd love to have improved flight dynamics on the FC3 airplanes, just the way we have on the SU25/25T which looks so much more realistic.

Personally I suspect this might be difficult - the reason the 25's are so good is that they are actually have AFM, not SFM. Would be a HUGE job to replace all SFM's with AFM's, but sure it would be nice. It should however be said that with FC2 the SFM's were all given a very thorough look-through and they are very very accurate. Perhaps a bit too much "on rails" as far as feeling goes, but in vital characteristics they are very close to reality. (Getting AFM's to be that close would be a very big job.)

That said, I do of course agree that it would be nice to get. :)

Thank you.

And thanks for your feedback. Some good ones in there. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Dear All

Please give more feedback on bugs and additional features for an FC3.

I was hoping that the era of Flaming Cliffs is over.

What can I say...? After palying DCS series i don't want to come back to the FC3 until it will be more like DCS than old Lock On.

From my point of view it needs a lot of work so I suspect that it can't be done in short time. A lot of suggestions has been said in this topic and until FC2 release so I hope that you will look one more step back.

I'd like to see:

• Reworked missiles phisics
  • New advanced flight model for fighters
  • New F-15C radar and avionics

I think I will not see these points in FC3.

PVAF

"A fighter without a gun... is like an airplane without a wing" dedicated to F-4 Phantom

Please fix the incorrect F15 HUD symbology and DME reference for the ILS. (and the AOA v IAS :)

In the actual F15 the Steering cross is used to fly an ILS. As soon as ILS is selected the Steering cross becomes referenced to the ILS. To track the localiser and glide slope the pilot flies the Velocity vector to the steering cross then tracks it with the velocity vector.

F15ILS.jpg

To fix it what should happen is:

FC2 pilot selects ILS mode

Steering cross changes refrence from NAV Waypoint to ILS.

Gun cross is removed from the HUD display as well.

HSI CDI bar should become ILS localiser referenced as well. (at present it remains waypoint course referenced).

DME refrence should be the Rwy Approach threshold. Should sequence to this when ILS mode comes up or is selected.

Source F15 Flight Manual

Edited by IvanK

Please make FC3 at least runs with the same level of smothness than FC2.

I don´t ask for anything more.

Viewing the diffrerence between BS1 and BS2 in FPS, my only hope is that the same don´t happen with FC2 and FC3.

• Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

F15 AIM 7 MECHANIZATION

A couple of things that I think should be fixed.

FLOOD MODE

If an AIM7 is launched without the radar in STT then FLOOD mode should be automatically selected. FLOOD mode then remains on for a specfic time. I am not sure of the exact numbers for the F15 but another "similar" type FLOOD would remain on for a maximum, of 75-105 seconds or until the pilot commands a return to Search/TWS. When FLOOD is exited the radar returns to radar parameters that existed prior to FLOOD activation.

i.e. The pilot shouldn't have to manually select FLOOD for an AIM7 non STT launch.

AIM7 LAUNCH FROM TWS

If an AIM7 is launched from TWS (i.e. not in STT) then the radar should automatically switch to STT on the highest priority target. There is a slight delay between trigger press and launch as the radar establishes STT (up to 3 seconds on a "similar" type). At present in FC2 the AIM7 goes unguided/ballistic.

Edited by IvanK

I just realized/noticed that in FC2 the automated forward wing slats on the MiG-29 are not working... they work when you lower flaps (as they should) but they should work also in lower speeds and/or high AoA to generate more lift. I always had a feeling that MiG-29 is pretty shit at lower speeds and not as maneuverable as it should be... could this be the reason?

No longer active in DCS...

Please adjust the weight of Su-39 (Su-25T) in FC3. Even the encyclopedia within the game states that the empty weight of Su-39 is 10600 kg, however ingame weight is the same as by Su-25T that is 11496.

Player-controlled aircraft in FC2 is the СУ-25T and not the СУ-25TM (СУ-39).

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

That's true - but why not do it right if it is just an easy correction even though it is AI aircraft by default?

It is of no consequence to the player and as such does not affect gameplay in any manner.

That said, if you have a source for the info I'll report it. Might very well not be an easy solution as any change to the numbers might have a direct effect on the AI SFM and attendant knock-on effect - we never know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Player-controlled aircraft in FC2 is the СУ-25T and not the СУ-25TM (СУ-39).

As far I know T-toads have been upgraded to TM standard so technically they should be upgraded in game ^^

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

As far I know T-toads have been upgraded to TM standard so technically they should be upgraded in game ^^

No - In an attempt to refine the СУ-25T/СУ-34, three Super-Frogfoots were built (СУ-25TM/СУ-39). Never entered production though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No - In an attempt to refine the СУ-25T/СУ-34, three Super-Frogfoots were built (СУ-25TM/СУ-39). Never entered production though.

I've read currently there are nine TM. First few TM then other T upgraded to TM hmmm

ಠ_ಠ

Nope, SM is other river :)

Bah, I have recently read an article in Russian newspaper saying Russians think about returning to TM production, which is cheap and can be produced quite fast.

ಠ_ಠ

It is of no consequence to the player and as such does not affect gameplay in any manner.

That said, if you have a source for the info I'll report it. Might very well not be an easy solution as any change to the numbers might have a direct effect on the AI SFM and attendant knock-on effect - we never know.

Well, I thought that the in-game encyclopedia is a reliable source :) However the book by Yefim Gordon - Sukhoi Su-25 Frogfoot (by Aerofax) states the empty weight as follows:

Su-25T - 10670 Kg

Su-25TM - 10740 Kg

The webpage http://forum.valka.cz/viewtopic.php/t/756 sets the Su-25TM weight as 10600. The devs have probably the best sources and maybe it is worth checking.

• Like 1