Outstanding Major Bugs in FC2

Nate--IRL--

IvanK, I'm not sure if it's relevant but the USAF guy over at F-16.net who did the write up on the Fulcrum versus Vipers (he's tons of flying hours in the MiG-29G and Block 30 and 50 Vipers and instructed at the advanced training centre), he described the MiG-29 dampener as a rod which extends from under the pilot seat, between your legs and literally pushes against the stick when you pull too hard.

Sounds pretty old school to me, not like the dampener in a Viper, in fact that was his complain although he liked the way you could just switch it off and exceed alpha limits which that airframe can do and a Viper can't.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mig29 Q Feel system was a rod that varied its length with speed and altitude. Here is a description of its operation from the German MIG29 Flight Manual.

qfeel29.jpg

It had three modes AUTO, HEAVY and EASY and could be turned off. In The illustration AUTO is lockwire protected.

imig29feel.jpg

In addition to this a Damping function was provided as a part of the Automatic Flight Control system. Normal operations is to have this selected on.

mig29damp.jpg

Edited by IvanK

• 2 weeks later...
Not really a bug, but a rather anoying feature in having the waypoints always switch automatically. I would really appreciate the possibility to switch way-points entirely manually. There are many times waypoints that I cannot precisely reach a waypoint because they will switch automatically when the player is some 5-6 km away (depends on the next waypoint).

One more remark - RSBN in Su-25 cannot even switch waypoints automatically, so it should be removed. I asked guys at our department that worked with Su-22/25 avionic systems. I don't know how it works in Su-25T.

not sure if this has been touched upon? I try to set up salvo in SU-33 with the bombs for single release, and still 2 come off. also I try to get it into CCRP mode it will not do it, I have seen the pickle ball come up but not stay on instead it goes into CCIP mode.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

not sure if this has been touched upon? I try to set up salvo in SU-33 with the bombs for single release, and still 2 come off. also I try to get it into CCRP mode it will not do it, I have seen the pickle ball come up but not stay on instead it goes into CCIP mode.

If you have the same bomb on the opposings wings pylon when you release, then both will release.

The F-15's FCS is unable to maintain level flight without autopilot engaged (it always pitches up).

When reseting the trim after having trimmed ailerons in the F-15, the stick doesn't return to center, but is always a little offset either to the left or right.

As said countless times: the HSI turning off in AC mode and not being able to switch WP would be a nice fix.

And of course it could be nice to have a working Flight Control System for the F-15.

Now you have to control the G's and rollrate considering your speed with the position of your joystick, but IRL the FCS should do that for you, so that a given stick position have a given rollrate og or G load, if possible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

In Vikhrs too. Perhaps only the missile to missile transmission is provided lol

• Like 1

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

The Mig29 Q Feel system was a rod that varied its length with speed and altitude. Here is a description of its operation from the German MIG29 Flight Manual.

It had three modes AUTO, HEAVY and EASY and could be turned off. In The illustration AUTO is lockwire protected.

In addition to this a Damping function was provided as a part of the Automatic Flight Control system. Normal operations is to have this selected on.

Do you happen to have entire flight manual?!

I've got prints of something similar but it's in arabic language...

Sorry for OT!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The LAR's in the F-15 are not working correctly. The easiest way to see this is to set yourself up in the six of another aircraft, take an STT lock with the bandit on your nose and note the size of the LAR. Then turn your aircraft left or right and you will see the RMAX displayed increases as you turn away.

Active missiles on your RWR. As you run away, about 10 seconds before they self destruct the RWR indications go away for about 2-5 seconds, then turn back on.

I havent checked if you fixed this from FC1: The displayed elevation of the F-15 radar was in error. If you set the bottom of the scan at 20000ft, it would actually be looking from 22000ft. This creates obvious issues when using a coordinated scan between squad mates.

Moving map for the F-15 would be handy. Should be displayable on the PACS panel.

The dispersion on the F-15's gun seems way too great. Back me up here IvanK

• Like 1

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

A great feature to have in the editor would be a way to add a lot of objects by some other method than clicking "add aircraft" and going through the process of selecting side, type, etc etc. If you could select add x client aircraft of x type that would greatly simplify things. Also, if there was an ability to merge missions, that would help Red Flag mission builders. It would allow me to work on the air units while someone else works on the ground units, we could then merge the missions.

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

Now bugs in FC2...here's something that really got my attention during last few days and is concering russian fast movers:

1) Implementation of IAS / TAS switch in NAV mode...

2) Symmetrical payloads: Let's imagine MiG-29A laden with 2*FAB-250, B-8, 2*R-73 in a ground attack role. It drops bombs in pairs, shoots rockets from both pylons etc. So request is very simple, option of making it selectable single / pairs.

Not really bugs, more of a wishlist.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The LAR's in the F-15 are not working correctly. The easiest way to see this is to set yourself up in the six of another aircraft, take an STT lock with the bandit on your nose and note the size of the LAR. Then turn your aircraft left or right and you will see the RMAX displayed increases as you turn away.

Yep. This is a problem with them all. It also lends itself to a little exploitation, with R-27ET. If your bandit is out of range (no 'LA') but he begins to re-engage, you then crank,.. watch the rmax increase, get 'LA', shoot, and then turn away completely yourself. Works.

Edited by RIPTIDE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In Vikhrs too. Perhaps only the missile to missile transmission is provided lol

Vikhrs aswell? Well I rarely have the pleasure in firing them all. :thumbup:

EDIT: Nate i pm's you track of the su-25t bug, and i made a track showing what Sven is talking about re. rmax+ cranking.

Edited by RIPTIDE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When you lock up a target in multiplayer and switch to guns your gun piper begins jumping all over the HUD making it almost impossible to aim.

I know this is probably lag related but is it possible to improve it in some way? Target tracking is rock solid, it's just the piper that's causing issues.

When you lock up a target in multiplayer and switch to guns your gun piper begins jumping all over the HUD making it almost impossible to aim.

I know this is probably lag related but is it possible to improve it in some way? Target tracking is rock solid, it's just the piper that's causing issues.

I'd say that's an issue with the eastern European, Russian and Chinese servers. I have the same issue in those servers, but not in US or Australian servers.

I'd say that's an issue with the eastern European, Russian and Chinese servers. I have the same issue in those servers, but not in US or Australian servers.

Its the players. And it effects not just the gun pipper but even effects the prox. fusing on the missiles. Some players have jitter and high ping... Not sure how ED tie in the netcode to the players vectors but they should move to some sort of dead reckoning solution not to have guys lagging and jumping.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 weeks later...

I think that I have found the reason of the heading bug in Su-25/Su-25T. When taking off from parking place at Mineralnye Vody and ATC directing me to the RWY 30, everything is fine. However if ATC gives me order to take off from RWY 12, during taxing to the RWY the compass goes always nuts - no matter how long I wait for INS to align.

• 3 weeks later...
I think that I have found the reason of the heading bug in Su-25/Su-25T. When taking off from parking place at Mineralnye Vody and ATC directing me to the RWY 30, everything is fine. However if ATC gives me order to take off from RWY 12, during taxing to the RWY the compass goes always nuts - no matter how long I wait for INS to align.

I missed this post at the time - I'd be interested in a track of this glitch, if you could provide one.

Nate

:huh:

* the R-27ER does have datalink in the game.

* the Su-27 and MiG-29 do have TWS(SNP) in the game.

* the real Su-27 and MiG-29 cannot lock on to two targets simultaneously - their radars do not have that function.

What model of MiG-29????? I already do this and i will any time, MiG-29s (MиГ-29С) and the last version of MiG-29a have capability of tracking four and shooting on two targets simultaneously, give me one link (even Wikipedia link) who are saying different or one book or any good info or just do not post **** like that.

Rocket brigade who retired F-117