Laser "endurance", Laser getting too hot ?

JaBoG32_Prinzartus

Does anyone know the time endurance parameters for laser painting.

We beleive to have discovered that the tgp's laser pointer get too hot (or refuse to work) after one is painting for too long (with DCSWH 1.1.1.0). I do not know if it cools down at all thereafter.

Has anyone experienced similar behaviour?

EDIT:

No one?!

FYI, we trained buddy-lasing techniques which requires the painter's laser actived much longer than it would for self-lasing attack-runs.

Edited by JaBoG32_Prinzartus

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

As far as I know the laser will fire indefinitely in the sim. Since the first beta, very rarely, I've run into an inoprativve laser ("L" won't flash for joystick/keyboard commands) but I've always assumed it was an obscure bug.

What did you guys discover? Or did a few of you just lose the ability to lase after a while?

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

As far as I know the laser will fire indefinitely in the sim. Since the first beta, very rarely, I've run into an inoprativve laser ("L" won't flash for joystick/keyboard commands) but I've always assumed it was an obscure bug.

What did you guys discover? Or did a few of you just lose the ability to lase after a while?

According to our latest experience the laser refuses to work after 20 minutes usage.

Thereafter a "T" symbol appears in the TGP an the laser does not paint anymore.

Although 20 minutes of lasing should be fairly enough normally, it might be a limiting factor for AFAC roles. Furthermore, the laser cannot be fires again en after 30 mins of cooling.

Currently it looks like you can paint for 20 minutes, and that's it. Still to be confirmed by others though.

Edited by JaBoG32_Prinzartus

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

• 8 months later...