Future Projects Road Map

Nate--IRL--

Wow ED are always full of surprises! I hope the DCS legend is an F-14 Tomcat but I'd still be happy with a WW2 fighter or anything really! I'm not sure exactly how well the low fidelity AC in FC3 are gonna interact with the A-10C but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

SPECS: Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.2 Ghz +turboboost enabled, 12 GB DDR3 1600 @ 1500 Mhz, ATI Radeon 5850, TrackIR 5, X52 Pro and Saitek pedals

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The low-fidelity vs high-fidelity thing isn't anything to worry about in my opinion. FC aircraft are easier to learn, but through being low-fidelity they also lack a lot of capability compared to DCS aircraft. It evens out pretty much, and the hardest thing in a combat environment is always the piloting itself. If you don't use proper tactics you are screwed whichever plane you fly. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I'm not sure exactly how well the low fidelity AC in FC3 are gonna interact with the A-10C but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Same here, I always felt FC wasn't "upto DCS standards" so I never imagined them been played together. Should be fun though, I haven't touched FC since BS came out and then A10.

FC got me back into flight sims, so i'll enjoy FC3

Saber Vs Mig would be complete awesome! Even without a map....

Indeed. Mig 15 or Saber are a legend. Or Mig 21, F4, F105.

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

There was a thread somewhere where somebody found a file called P-41d or something close to that. Its an old WWII plane. One person that works or used to work for ED replied to a comment about that file with "Ah, so you finally found it"

That, ladies and gentleman is your legend aircraft for DCS. You can still keep guessing about the JET DCS aircraft. I am MUCH MORE interested in figuring out which one that is. Fingers crossed for F15 or F-16.

.. The JTAC was in the beta , i hope there will be a lot more feature to make it worth 19,99$ . As always , very good ideas but bad politics IMHO (i'll get banned if i don't walk on eggs ... )

For the WWII aircraft :huh: , do you know there will be a new " environnement " ? Like other aircraft to shoot etc , or will it be " fly a P51 vs Mig29 in crimea 2012 for 19,99$ " wtf ? :pilotfly: :megalol:

You guys have very good ideas coming anyways :) good to see that , but a bit worry with FC3 i hope to see other annoucements next :)

Edited by Divide Et Impera
IMHO

Hello

Anyone else remember this link posted previously on the forum. (sorry dude can't remember your name to credit.)

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=cca19efe2a6e2f5156dfa589bfe15e89&tab=core&tabmode=list&=

"Must be a desktop trainer and allow for accurate battlefield simulation during day and night conditions specifically with use of the IR pointer and allows for accurate Litening targeting pod usage to include Full Motion Video downlink and Laser marking/terminal guidance operations-providing for realistic training over a wider range of joint fires scenarios. Must have an emphasis on close air support for JTAC training and specifically replicate TYPE I,II,III controls in the virtual environment."

And this old youtube vid

Just love it.

Edited by redfish
spellinng mishtakes.
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AEF 161 Squadron CO ~~~ My YouTube Channel ~~~ "We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering." The Shoveller ... Mystery Men

I don't see a problem with having the ability to fly the Legends plane in an A-10C/BS2 server. They both exist in 2012. Besides there are many small prop planes in military service. Hell, I even remember watching something about gliders during the Vietnam War. FC3 should be in a different universe though; because of the much lower standard of simulation.

I don't see a problem with having the ability to fly the Legends plane in an A-10C/BS2 server. They both exist in 2012. Besides there are many small prop planes in military service. Hell, I even remember watching something about gliders during the Vietnam War. FC3 should be in a different universe though; because of the much lower standard of simulation.

:huh: None of them suit in realistic action with A10C and KA50 ... i doubt that there is a lot of things to do in a P51 without anything to shot ..

Evryone will tell me " fly around with it its a p51 ! " but i don't get pleasure to only fly around , i'll get FSX instead if i wanted this or fly for true

hmmmmm.....i see a bright future for ED team.

what i dont understand is why are they so silent about upcoming dcs aicrafts.

i dont see a reason not to tell what kind of aircraft are they working on.

Absolutely. It's totally understandable that it's too soon to give any details and answer all the questions about what features there will be, will we be able to do this or that and so on.

But the types of aircraft have to be locked down and is not going to change, right? So you could at least tell us that... ;)

.. The JTAC was in the beta , i hope there will be a lot more feature to make it worth 19,99$ . As always , very good ideas but bad politics IMHO (i'll get banned if i don't walk on eggs ... )

For the WWII aircraft :huh: , do you know there will be a new " environnement " ? Like other aircraft to shoot etc , or will it be " fly a P51 vs Mig29 in crimea 2012 for 19,99$ " wtf ? :pilotfly: :megalol:

Have you seen a good p51 for FSX that costs less than $20? Flight 1 p51 is $35.

Check out this. http://www.fspilotshop.com/index.php?cPath=2_70_71&tags=16&sort=2a&page=1

Average price for a military plane for FSX is in excess and often nearly or double the $19.99 quoted.

Rise of flight, selling add on aircraft up to $15. I just don't get where the complaining is coming from, compared to other sims you are getting value, aren't you?

:huh: None of them suit in realistic action with A10C and KA50 ... i doubt that there is a lot of things to do in a P51 without anything to shot ..

Evryone will tell me " fly around with it its a p51 ! " but i don't get pleasure to only fly around , i'll get FSX instead if i wanted this or fly for true

The A-10C and especially the Ka-50 would not be sent to an area that has radar guided SAMs like the Hawk or Buk; but that does not mean it is silly or unfun to make a mission that has those SAMs.

Hello,

just regarding the speculation on DCS flying legends and the new DCS fixed wing Aircraft.

If they where to be the F-14 Tomcat and the F/A 18 Super hornet, could this mean we will be seing a shared cockpit option for MP? I understand they will have to make the two seater veriant of the F/A 18 but could you imagine what it will be like ?

All i wish to say is they will be getting my money next year i can garantee that keep up the good work ED its much appreciated.

I7 4770K@4.5 GHZ, Gigabyte Z87X-OC FORCE, 24GB Ram, Aorus GTX 1080 TI extreme edition, 500 GB SSD,120 GB SSD , 2TB HDD, Corsair H80i, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, Logitech G940,TrackIR 5 + Pro Clip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The A-10C and especially the Ka-50 would not be sent to an area that has radar guided SAMs like the Hawk or Buk; but that does not mean it is silly or unfun to make a mission that has those SAMs.

? And , i don't make missions with Buk and sam evrywhere , but i CAN make realistic mission with A10C and Ka-50. But what would do a WWII aircraft here ??? i think the next dcs module is lot more important to focus on ..

Hello

Anyone else remember this link posted previously on the forum. (sorry dude can't remember your name to credit.)

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=cca19efe2a6e2f5156dfa589bfe15e89&tab=core&tabmode=list&=

Why's it say it was canceled up top? Or is that why we're getting this from ED, because the contract fell through so we're getting what they had done?

I find it interesting that the requirement was for a Litening pod, when they're rapidly being phased out for SniperXRs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't people EVER get tired of whining ??!! :no_sad:

Please list for me the COMBAT simulations, that ED have released, where you just fly around ?

Do you complain like this in everyday life ? That must be fun! :thumbup:

THIS is why they usually keep quiet about what they're doing - heaven forbid one of the 5 things on the list is late/missing next year - the rest of us are not going to hear the end of it from people who should just get over themselves!

Amazing - couple of posts here and I stoop to complaining about complainers - the irony :lol:

Personally, I'm looking forward to pretty much everything on the list - ED produce study sims, so apart from FC3 I'm expecting more buttons than you can shake a stick at.

I bought the BS2 "upgrade" (£12.50, wow, expensive! There goes this week's fish and chips :doh:) and some of the other items look like they'll be offered at around the same price, which is fine by me. I'll be buying everything on this list unless there's a truly compelling reason not to (they kill a puppy with every sale, for instance). Can't wait to find out what the DCS: Next Jet will be too :D

• Like 1

Have you seen a good p51 for FSX that costs less than $20? Flight 1 p51 is $35.

Check out this. http://www.fspilotshop.com/index.php?cPath=2_70_71&tags=16&sort=2a&page=1

Average price for a military plane for FSX is in excess and often nearly or double the $19.99 quoted.

Rise of flight, selling add on aircraft up to $15. I just don't get where the complaining is coming from, compared to other sims you are getting value, aren't you?

but it is a Combat sim , i bought DCS because its a COMBAT SIMULATION : means realistic engagement in a combat zone with realistic aircraft etc .. this is nonsense to me , but i'd really like that a ED member explain me the philosophy of this thing to make me understand , because now for me its mainly " another thing to sale " but i'm fully open-minded to an explanation :smilewink:

Don't people EVER get tired of whining ??!! :no_sad:

Please list for me the COMBAT simulations, that ED have released, where you just fly around ?

Do you complain like this in everyday life ? That must be fun! :thumbup:

THIS is why they usually keep quiet about what they're doing - heaven forbid one of the 5 things on the list is late/missing next year - the rest of us are not going to hear the end of it from people who should just get over themselves!

Amazing - couple of posts here and I stoop to complaining about complainers - the irony :lol:

Personally, I'm looking forward to pretty much everything on the list - ED produce study sims, so apart from FC3 I'm expecting more buttons than you can shake a stick at.

I bought the BS2 "upgrade" (£12.50, wow, expensive! There goes this week's fish and chips :doh:) and some of the other items look like they'll be offered at around the same price, which is fine by me. I'll be buying everything on this list unless there's a truly compelling reason not to (they kill a puppy with every sale, for instance). Can't wait to find out what the DCS: Next Jet will be too :D

Sorry but for me , having to pay Sciences PO 7000$ per year plus an PC , those uprgrade that cost 19,99 $ and which are unrealistic in this Area/combat era/ etc are not a thing that i buy without thinking . Even something wich is 1$ i will not buy it if its interesting , but thats my opinion ... not yours as i see

Edited by Divide Et Impera

The first "DCS Flying Legends" aircraft

I bet for a MIG15 or SABRE

Because these (amongst others) where once shown as WAGS avatar? Just take a look on his current avatar...:music_whistling:

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

SimHQ Review by Erik "EinsteinEP" Pierce

"I have it on good information the new platform is going to be the Grumman Ag Cat!. "

I almost fell down on the floor when i read this :) But a Mig15 in DCS standard would be great! anything less should be a FC addon.

Edit;

In retrospect, It's maybe the best choice anyway, after all other ww2 sims still go 32bit, and this will limit the fun there.

Edited by Buzpilot

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

......but it is a Combat sim , i bought DCS because its a COMBAT SIMULATION : means realistic engagement in a combat zone with realistic aircraft etc .. this is nonsense to me....

Well then maybe you can explain something to me, no?

OK - Here goes:

What were the Pilots of these REALISTIC Warbirds up to in their hey-day?

Bearcat

Corsair

Curtiss P-40B

Gladiator

Harvard

Hawk

Hellcat

Mustang TF-51D

Nimrod

Spitfire V

Spitfire XIV

Staggerwing

Wildcat

Beaufighter

CR.42

La-11

Sea Fury

Spitfire IX

Spitfire XXII

Thunderbolt P-47G

Roasting Marshmallows? Throwing paper-versions of them around in a big hangar someplace?

I could have sworn it was COMBAT, but hey, that's just me.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'