Tacview in 1.1.10?

Aries

no need to be registered?

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

IIRC the "broken" export script, used by the outdated version of TacView caused the whole lua-export to stop working. That stoped TARS from working. So once the TacView script works, TARS will as well, as they didn't harm eachother directly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Does anyone of you get this error lately? (see pic attached)

I use Tars 1.1 with modified export script...

Last nights training track gives an error, dammit... :helpsmilie:

tacview_error.thumb.jpg.0283e33394df223cb77b1a7d5713bd81.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Tacview cannot play track files. It plays .acmi files.

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

1. You have to turn on the recording in Tacview

2. Set the recording folder in Tacview

3. Then set read/write permission on \Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Config\Export\TacviewExportDCS.lua file

4. Edit the TacviewExportDCS.lua file with before mentioned commented lines (in Notepad++)

5. Save the file and reopen it to see if changes took place

6. Playback the desired track ingame in realtime (no fast-forwarding)

7. Look for the last (sort by date) *.txt.acmi file in Tacview recording folder

8. Open it and save it as .acmi (it will get a little smaller, optimized I guess)

9. Have fun!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Btw. does anyone get the "Unsupported file format" error while opening .acmi files lately...

I bought Tacview home to grab the beta 1.1.1 release and I still have problems... AAARGH!!!

Snap1.jpg.7fd2fd429716008bf613e744b8fa3ac3.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is the case on my server lately... thik I will just reinstall... for now I copy tracks back home & play them back in realtime...

I think your only solution is a full clean game reinstall...

Have you tried to delete all three files (Config.lua, Export.lua and TacviewExportDCS.lua)?

Cause I think that's the ones that matter... bo!?!?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Btw. does anyone get the "Unsupported file format" error while opening .acmi files lately...

I bought Tacview home to grab the beta 1.1.1 release and I still have problems... AAARGH!!!

Yup, this is precisely my problem, too. Tacview worked for me in a SP mission last night but in MP this morning it appeared to have recorded the mission but when I tried to play it back I got the above error message. Thoughts?

Yup, this is precisely my problem, too. Tacview worked for me in a SP mission last night but in MP this morning it appeared to have recorded the mission but when I tried to play it back I got the above error message. Thoughts?

Since I bought the home Tacview version, Vyrtouz sent me this "TacviewExportDCS.lua" as a result of my "cry" for help...

...it appears that DCS 1.1.10 has some sort of bug that breaks normal lua export scripting!?!? :doh:

Try with this attached file (copy to \Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Config\Export\)...

Hope it helps.... :smilewink:

TacviewExportDCS.lua

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some questions:

How do I set the recording folder? Is the same ACMI files recording folder? (If positive, why to use different names to the same thing?) Everytime i check this folder on the header, it returns to C:/. It seems it doesn´t remind the folder I assigned to it! Weird...

I set the 3 files (Config.lua, Export.lua and TacviewExportDCS.lua) according instructions, checked DCS A-10C Warthog Flights, but it doesn´t work for me.My flight log is still empty.

May be is that because I´m using the trial version? But if doesn´t work when I´m testing it, how wil I buy it?

Any help?

Edited by Direwolf

• 2 weeks later...

Check the file \Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Config\Export\Export.lua for the last few lines... maybe something is configured to run that is not available anymore...

For example I fixed Tacview on my server yesterday by removing this line:

dofile("./Config/Export/TARSExportA10.lua")

from Export.lua, cause Tacview just wouldn't work...

And I banged my head for two weeks, installing all known Tacview versions and fixed export scripts... Then at once it came on to me... Let's just check some logs from my saved games DCS Warthog Logs folder... et voila! Found out that something was wrong with starting the export scripts... Opened up Export.lua in Notepad++ and there it was, at the bottom, a TARS activation line sitting calmly, watching at me with it's innocent little eyes... And then the wrath of the allmighty Delete rained uppon it... (cause TARS was not installed on the server at alll!!!). :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]