Awesome Senaki base mod on youtube

Awesome! :thumbup:

Maybe we get a statement from Grandsurf?

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Like 1

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Awesome! :thumbup:

Maybe we get a statement from Grandsurf?

kind regards,

Fire

The video shows only my first tests in the DCS A-10C and BS2 World. Unfortunately there are not more options as insert new objects, vehicles or create new Airport.edm's (LAND - without shadows). Really a shame that not even these possibilities for DCS A-10C and BS2 are given like for FC2 and BS1.

111112_bs2_1.jpg

111112_bs2_2.jpg

111112_bs2_3.jpg

111112_bs2_4.jpg

111112_bs2_5.jpg

Here are some first new objects in the DCS world (WIP).

111111_bs2_2.jpg

111111_bs2_3.jpg

111111_bs2_4.jpg

111111_bs2_7.jpg

111110_bs2_5.jpg

111110_bs2_7.jpg

The FC2/BS1 work rest at the moment. In DCS, there are some more and better options to add objects uncomplicated to the simulation for the ME or with new complete airport.edm files.

For now we can not change the outdated Textureonlays of the old bases - unfortunately. Although it would be possible here to create contemporary things in a relatively short time.

So unfortunately we can not adapt environment to objects - what is very important to me. I keep trying...

Cool,

I suppose the comparitive lack of action at airbases, ie probable not using TGP, probably not a million rounds of bullets to keep track of, mean that there is a bit of spare capacity for extra details.

Can the approach lighting system be modded as well? The stock Senaki ALS is really bad in my opinion.

Technical Specs: Asus G73JW gaming laptop... i7-740QM 1.73GHz ... GTX460m 1.5GB ... 8GB DDR5 RAM ... Win7 64 ... TIR5 ... Thrustmaster T16000m

I'm pretty sure the trees aren't normally allowed to grow beside taxiways and parkings. Nothing taller than bushes.

Almost no trees around Senaki:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/29827314

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.244388,42.049184&spn=0.014519,0.031693&t=h&z=16&vpsrc=6&lci=com.panoramio.all

Just a bunch of Populus pyramidalis at the west side.

---

Nevertheless, these close-ups look cool.

Edited by Maximus_G

grandsurf....I love and hate your work...love it because it's beautiful...hate it because I don't have it wink.gif

I can understand.

Each patch is almost time for rework models at the moment (old_tree shader no longer works or the public plugin is outdated again...).

@Maximus, the implementation should not be 1:1. This is not possible with the existing resources of the old DCS world already. For me, the feeling in the sim is important.

Edited by grandsurf

@Maximus, the implementation should not be 1:1.

I've posted Senaki pics not for a strict resemblance, but just to prove myself that Senaki is not a special forested base and it looks just like the others. And i do agree that the tree question is about feeling right! ;)

Edited by Maximus_G

That's to be expected. I was just voicing mine based on the track record that's been seen lately with mods.

Not only yours ( Thought I do think you own the record for longest, "Un-released" teasing. :thumbup: ) But others as well.

STT Radar issue is leftover code.

I'm pretty sure the trees aren't normally allowed to grow beside taxiways and parkings. Nothing taller than bushes.

Almost no trees around Senaki:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/29827314

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.244388,42.049184&spn=0.014519,0.031693&t=h&z=16&vpsrc=6&lci=com.panoramio.all

Just a bunch of Populus pyramidalis at the west side.

---

Nevertheless, these close-ups look cool.

To be honest it depends. All USAF owned bases don't have trees near the flight line. Many people don't know or understand why but the reason is simple, keep birds away.

Now I've deployed to other locations around the world that did have trees nearby but I can't remember any that would have trees between HAS/ACFT parking spots.