Polish 767 emergency landing 2011 Nov 1

Boulund

Read about this in the news this morning. Does anyone know anything else, have any more information/pictures/videos etc? I'd love to know what is said in the youtube video I found (probably Polish?)

Great work by the pilot(s) handling the situation and great work by emergency personnel taking care of the small fire that breaks out after landing! Everyone was safe!

xV2oSpVyAEg

edit: Should mention I saw Topol-m's post (http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1316911&postcount=1041) in the Military and aviation news-thread but thought it could have an entire topic of it's own.

Edited by Boulund

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

I heard it was a major hydraulic failure which made impossible to pull out the gear. My friend flew the same destination (NY - Varshava) few weeks earlier. Its probably has been the same plane. Does anybody knows is there any other planes then 767 flying this destination and how many are they?

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

There's alternate gear extension and you can also unlock the gear and allow a gravity drop. There must of been a pretty serious problem if you can't bring the gear down, but they did have flaps and spoilers so some part of the hydraulics was working.