Air to Air Training mission

Spike88

I'm running the steam version of 1.1.0.9, and have completed all the previous training missions up until the Air to Air mission.

Upon loading the training, I'm walked through the steps to lock onto a target and everything works fine until the point where I have to get behind the first target. I get behind the first target and get a valid lock on. But nothing happens.

The first time I tried, I figured maybe I could force the tutorial forward by destroying the first jet, so I launch my first AIM-9 at it. The target goes down, but the tutorial is still stuck. So I lock onto the next plane and destroy it too. Thinking maybe I did something wrong somewhere in the begining of the training, I reload the mission and try again. I follow everything to the letter, and keep my airspeed around 235. I get to the same point, lock onto the target, and still nothing. I try getting closer, and different paths behind the plane, but alas no dice.

Was kinda hoping to be able to get to the GAU portion of the training, but it seems I'm stuck here. Time to whip out the manual.

• Like 1

Hi Spike. The mission should be working correctly, so you probably missed one of the triggers along the way. My guess it maybe it had to do with turning off the Autopilot, which is something the mission looks for around the time you need to line up behind the first target.

We can diagnose better if you attach a track of your flight so we can see what happened.

• Like 1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Not at home right now, so forgive, but...

I found that you must use the keyboard to ativate whatever key command it is asking you to press (disengage autopilot ?? ) prior to locking up the target... You cannot use the HOTAS, or whatever other option you have...

Sorry I can't be more specific... As I said, not at home, and haven't done this one for a while... ;)

Edited by Diemos
  • Like 1

Yes, you are correct and I suspected that was the issue. In that situation, the mission is actually looking for the A key press before it will proceed.

Well that solves a mystery that I had actually forgotten about!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

No, that should be fire. Just keep in mind that in the A-10C cockpit there are two AP buttons - one on the LASTE panel and one on the throttle. The former is mapped to the A key by default, which is what the A-A training mission is looking for, while the latter is mapped to the Q key. They are two different input commands, even though they perform the same function.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

• 1 month later...
No, that should be fire. Just keep in mind that in the A-10C cockpit there are two AP buttons - one on the LASTE panel and one on the throttle. The former is mapped to the A key by default, which is what the A-A training mission is looking for, while the latter is mapped to the Q key. They are two different input commands, even though they perform the same function.

EGAD!!

:thumbup: