What is going on with terrain and objects?

If you look graphics quality of terrain&buildings they look the most beautiful on first Lomac 1.0 sreenshots but in 1.1 the objects are transparent?! They had lost that solidness, 3D immersion when looking the newest sreens. Infact the newest sreenshots with Ka-50 look crapy as hell! Is there anyway to turn this off and have the old ones back? If you set visibility range to high is this still a case, or are the good old buildings and trees back? I know that have vis. set to high kills your FPS but someday i will have pc with everything maxed out.

The buildings and trees were transparent in 1.0 aswell, but they only became so at longer ranges. AFAIK it's possible to edit the graphics.cfg (don't quote me on the filename!) to achieve similar settings in v1.1. I have no idea which lines to change and to what values, though.

Like you said it will negate the FPS gains that later versions of LOMAC offer, but if you really want to get rid of the transparency you can.

;) Very simple:

Change the line of Graphics.cfg file that said: FogParam2 = 1.1;

Change it to 0, then there arent transparency.

Others values near zero (0.2) makes transparency a lot longer that default valour of 1.1, more like in Lockon V1.0.

Good day, my friend

Another thing that I also noticed is that in multiplayer mission I get the toilet paper like missile trails, in single player I get toilet paper only at long distances.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Another thing that I also noticed is that in multiplayer mission I get the toilet paper like missile trails, in single player I get toilet paper only at long distances.

LOL, I can deal with that as long as I can keep the closer end of that paper

away from me. (unless I was the one that unrolled it ;)

Just wanna know why there is a difference with graphics between Multiplayer and single player. Its intriguing. Has this have to do with the hosts own settings?

I dont think graphics are so important in a sim as in FPS but I do feel that missile trails look better in single play and would like to have them in multiplay as well unless I triggered something specific in my machine.

P.S. Toilet paper was the best description it ocurred to me at the time, no malice intended :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

;) Very simple:

Change the line of Graphics.cfg file that said: FogParam2 = 1.1;

Change it to 0, then there arent transparency.

Others values near zero (0.2) makes transparency a lot longer that default valour of 1.1, more like in Lockon V1.0.

Good day, my friend

Would this mod create a significant hit on FPS?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

FPS with fogparam2 = 0 enhance fps a little, specially flying between buildings in city (transparency of building make a little fps penalty hit, and stuttering too). In runway starting mission at patrol caucasus, this tweak did gain to me abot 2 fps more than with transparency enabled.

• 1 year later...

Hey Pilot

Just wanna know why there is a difference with graphics between Multiplayer and single player. Its intriguing. Has this have to do with the hosts own settings?

I dont think graphics are so important in a sim as in FPS but I do feel that missile trails look better in single play and would like to have them in multiplay as well unless I triggered something specific in my machine.

P.S. Toilet paper was the best description it ocurred to me at the time, no malice intended :D

I know this effect very well ( lot of non-beta test on it :smilewink: )

This can happen if u zoom back (range nose - hud ) over the default value of ech plane FOV - cockpit

usually u have 20min and 120max - standart install ( also arcade sniperzoom or LSD-view called).

- Not only rocket smoke will look like this even normal smoke(pod).

- G-effect will be shown/modelled wrong (overdrived)

- Loosing-bandit effect can appear

so therefore i give u a blink bout my settings

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_27] = {33.0, 87.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_33] = {33.0, 87.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_25] = {50.0, 69.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_39] = {40.0, 80.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iMiG_29] = {39.0, 81.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iMiG_29K] = {39.0, 81.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iA_10] = {51.0, 68.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iF_15] = {32.0, 88.0}

The max values are the MAX values...NO more ( 87 69 80 etc etc..)

The min values are just the result of getting FOV of 60 (also very FPS friendly)

fovyt3.th.jpg

I understand that non-TrackIR users will try to see as much as possible from Pit but the overriding the maxvalues will cause above named bugs.

A few ppl zoom with joystick slider to have advantage of max range, and other do the same with trackir, or some set trackir that low ( leaning in the seat) that it just feels real.

But this is a personal question how much you love realism and want to go the hardcore way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I did some twealing with these perameters a few weeks ago and posted some images to show the differences here: http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=20827

What I didn't appreciate at the time was that this can mess up you're visual effects for poor visibility flying...

Here's an example screen shot with labels on made by Dante to highlight the problem...

http://www.gsxr1100.danteswebhosting.com/ScreenShot_151.jpg

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]