OT: FYI best Nvidia I found to date

http://www.dna-drivers.com/index.php

DNA-Force 2.0.7777 Released

FPS verry much nicer. The features included, Man. Awesome.

The install process will ask you what you want. I asked for balanced, then enable Advanced settings; Allows to O/C, set your AGP settings and so forth. I got great results with Lomac.

Give them a try and share your results.

(By the way I did not O/C yet on it on my BFG6800GT)

(for me its a keeper) t'ill next version :D

Cheers I'm out testing BF2 with this puppy :tongue:

Edit: verry stable and increase FPS with more eye Candy. Who needs and Ati lol.

http://www.dna-drivers.com/index.php

DNA-Force 2.0.7777 Released

FPS verry much nicer. The features included, Man. Awesome.

The install process will ask you what you want. I asked for balanced, then enable Advanced settings; Allows to O/C, set your AGP settings and so forth. I got great results with Lomac.

Give them a try and share your results.

(By the way I did not O/C yet on it on my BFG6800GT)

(for me its a keeper) t'ill next version :D

Cheers I'm out testing BF2 with this puppy :tongue:

Edit: verry stable and increase FPS with more eye Candy. Who needs and Ati lol.

These are the ones I am also using. I noticed a good 10FPS increase in LOMAC. I had been running high vis settings. And getting about 40 FPS in the air. Was adviced to run medium vis settings, and now I get about 80 FPS in the air, and 40 FPS on the tarmac.

Very good drivers.

For anyone interested theres also DNA for ATI, choose full version (not lite) ;)

Going to give them a run. Ill post resuts.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

heres the resultys:

even though I made a driver clean prior to install DNA driver set, some of my previous OMEGA driver menus got mixed into the DNA's.

Comparing the OMEGA 5.2 wich I had, the DNA's menu is less accessible for certain options and I noticed much less stable perfomace in LOMAC, choppier AA perfomance was also evident to me (with temporal AA wich was suposed to improve it). Without AA FPS were prety much the same average at 70 FPS. I used the A-10 quick launch mission as a benchmark.

Ill stick with OMEGA for now.

My PC specs below:

Wow. I did not realize there are so many different drivers out there :) I've got to try something different on my 6800GT ;)

1) I understand DNA is modded version of official drivers. What version of official was modded to make DNA-Force 2.0.7777 ? - OHH!! Got it, it's based on the ForceWare 77.77 release...

2) How OMEGA drivers are better than official?

3) Any other drivers you guys are using? Why?

3D mark sux BIG TIME. I have found that perfomance changes on that benchmark rarely transalates in similar results on any game at all.

My PC specs below:

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
3D mark sux BIG TIME. I have found that perfomance changes on that benchmark rarely transalates in similar results on any game at all.

yup i agree, i get 10500-11000 in 3dmark05 and if that is anything to go buy, lockon shud be uber uber smooth, but sadly it isnt to be, so as far as am concerned benchmarking tools are worthless when it comes to comparing the score to actual game playing.....

Sorry men.

There are no magical drivers. All those modded drivers ONLY tweak parts of the initial settings that can be easily changed using Rivatuner.

Do you notice a fps boost? Well, maybe that driver is decreasing the LOD of the game to -2.

Do you notice better IQ? Maybe that driver is adding an sharpness filter that exists on OpenGL settings, that just increase the aniso filtering to nearly 6x and decreases performance.

Install these drivers and run Rivatuner. You will see what I mean.

I´m not telling that the drivers are bad. Are just the same drivers but with tweaked settings. If work for you, great, but are not magical.

Of course, a 77.77 driver can be better than a 71.25 driver in some games, but DNA 77.77 are not better than 77.77 WHQL.

Of course, a 77.77 driver can be better than a 71.25 driver in some games, but DNA 77.77 are not better than 77.77 WHQL.

The core remains the same, but the added features, eases the process of Overclocking and tweaking your Card.

I'm still in testing, but comparing the DNA 77.77 against the Official 77.77 WHQL. My testing so far indicates the DNA our more optimize, giving more ability to exploit your hardware to its fullest. To this fact, I've notice IMHO that I can put more eye candy without sacrificing fps with these drivers.

I'm always looking for the best drivers out there for my mobo. Who knows, I might change them tomorow. :D

About the DNA for the ATI, I cant raise my opinion on them, since I dont have one... :tongue:

Main reason for posting the DNA version was to give and alternative or win/win solution for those that have issues with the Official ones. And that there where not aware of the Features that it contains.

Feel free to share your knowledge on the best drivers you found for your mobo to improve your experience in Lomac sky's :icon_wink

Cheers,

Happy tweaking

Pilotasso, we both have a simular rig, only difference is that your cpu clocks at 2.2, and mine does a steady 1.9, how the f*** do you get such framerates? Tell me the secrect, and I'll be your friend for life :biggrin:

See pics below for ingame settings, and results.(sorry for the grainy JPG format, I have litle space to use)

I have also set terrain detail at 10km-30km instead of the default (15-40)

I also modifyed sound.cfg in order to make noises such as water splash and bullet ground hit sound to be heard only in front quadrant and under 500m, because strangely they slow down the system with their wierd high pitching frequency.

Set force feedback to false under producer.cfg

I use OMEGA cat 5.2 and have set no AA and 8x AF at 1024x768, catalyst AI to high. If I engage AA to 6X FPS go down to 40 in the same A-10 mission. I preffer it off because of MP missions.

My PC specs below: