Ingame Rearm -> Change/modify standard loadouts?

Daimaju

Hey Guys!

Just curious, is it possible to edit the loadouts you can select while in the ingame rearm menu? Im not happy with the most loadouts, since I mostly use GBU-12, Mavericks and Guns to crack my targets. I nearly never usw CBUs, since they dont work like they should - or I just suck using them. Also, no big fan of rockets...

So, long story short. Any way to change those loadouts?

Regards,

Daimaju

Yea, it's in something like <Main game directory in program files>\Mission Editor\data\scripts\unitPayloads.lua

If you have a rough understanding of computer programming, you can add your own custom load outs by modifying this Lua file.

I personally made my own custom load outs that gives me some weapons combos and capacity that the A-10 is technically capable of, but are not provided in the default unitPayloads.lua. So like, I made a 6XMavD, 9X GBU-12, 2XAIM-9M, TGP, ECM loadout.

But you can also screw around and make some whacky, cheat load outs, such as AIM-120s (see this youtube vid I made:

) and I like to use these very rarely while wishing DCS: A-10 was instead DCS: F-1X (it gives me little pleasure to cheat like that, but it can be fun sometimes), but I also made load outs of nine smoke pods with rainbow-colored smoke, and of nine smoke pods with red-white-blue colored smoke, which I use much more frequently when I feel like showing off or being a general dick :)

Anyone know if there is a way to cause an engine fire deliberately? I'd like to do it while carrying the nine smoke pod rainbow smoke loadout :D

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Yea, it's in something like <Main game directory in program files>\Mission Editor\data\scripts\unitPayloads.lua

If you have a rough understanding of computer programming, you can add your own custom load outs by modifying this Lua file.

I personally made my own custom load outs that gives me some weapons combos and capacity that the A-10 is technically capable of, but are not provided in the default unitPayloads.lua. So like, I made a 6XMavD, 9X GBU-12, 2XAIM-9M, TGP, ECM loadout.

Ahh, thank you for the tip, I already found this file. Anyway, would you mind loading yours up? The loadout you´ve described just matches what I would like to have :thumbup:

Or instead of loading it up, just post the code - should be easier and faster...

Regards,

Daimaju

Ahh, thank you for the tip, I already found this file. Anyway, would you mind loading yours up? The loadout you´ve described just matches what I would like to have :thumbup:

Or instead of loading it up, just post the code - should be easier and faster...

Regards,

Daimaju

I don't have it with me right now... and I don't want to give you any load outs with AMRAAMs or the like. It's probably not a good idea to post those publicly; I don't want to make public server team killers lives' any easier, especially when they are on average complete morons. So a good way of keeping AMRAAMs and the like out of their hands is just to not post those files publicly.

Anyway, I can give you my custom load outs with all the cheat weapons removed (save the smoke pods), if you want, later this evening.

But I'm sure there's someone with a much better custom load outs setup than mine who has uploaded it as a mod in the mods section... check there.

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

6 GBU and 6 MAV isnt what you can call a "realistic loadout" ...

Depending on what your mission is, it is realistic. The only problem with this loadout is the 5th and 6th Maverick damaging your gear when launched. If you're on a simple transfer mission though, it's actually quite realistic. But, due to the sim not simulating the damage from the heat of the Mavericks, it doesn't matter anyway.

Guest Fury_007
And there is Wilds custom loadouts in the user files for download as well, might be worth a look

+ 1

WildFire loadouts are awesome.

• 9 years later...

Holy crap, its 2021, Im playing F18 and trying to figure out loadouts with campaign stuff and I stumble on this. I see Wild's loadouts and go hey..... So I look up user files, ITS MINE. lol what a gem to find, I dont even remember doing this crap haha. 

• 2 weeks later...

While you can edit lua directly it's possible to simply change payloads in the mission editor. Each payload is associated with a task except the "nothing" task. You'll be limited to select only from payloads that share the same task the group was assigned in the mission. For easy understanding I write the task in front of the payload name in a three letter code. CAS - CAS, NOT - Nothing, GAT - Ground Attack, etc.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Frederf said:

While you can edit lua directly it's possible to simply change payloads in the mission editor.

This!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 10/21/2011 at 2:11 AM, Daimaju said:

Just curious, is it possible to edit the loadouts you can select while in the ingame rearm menu?

I assume this to mean the F8 Ground Crew rearm menu, which other respondants haven't addressed. Right click the box for the station you want to change, select the weapon you desire from the dropdown list. 

On 6/30/2021 at 8:29 AM, Nealius said:

I assume this to mean the F8 Ground Crew rearm menu, which other respondants haven't addressed. Right click the box for the station you want to change, select the weapon you desire from the dropdown list. 

But you can only change your current loadout there. You can't modify preset loadouts there. This is only possible in the mission editor (or in the .lua files).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

If the OP is asking that. It's not clear whether he means equipping the plane with a loadout not in the presets, or if he means changing the actual list of presets that appear in the menu. The only clear part is that he's using the F8 rearm menu.

4 hours ago, Nealius said:

If the OP is asking that. It's not clear whether he means equipping the plane with a loadout not in the presets, or if he means changing the actual list of presets that appear in the menu. The only clear part is that he's using the F8 rearm menu.

He quite cearly stated waht he watns: "edit the loadouts you can select while in the ingame rearm menu"