DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think VFAT would Like a nice airshow destination too or at least the V̶B̶A̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ VTBs

Creech + Nellis. You can only imagine the level of want.;)

ASUS Z590-E : Intel 11900K : 64GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : ASUS 3090 Strix OC

TM HOTAS Warthog : TM Pendulum Rudders : TM Cougar MFD's : HP Reverb G2

And everyone of course. Aviation Nation! :)

I flew Viper East and we did the Heritage Flight last VFAT over old Nevada. And side note, the only time you'll see a Blue jet over Nellis is during Air Exchange Day. :D

What is that event?

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

I don't get it...

- All points that people bring up as to why Nevada is a bad choice has been voiced before. Although Pythia once said "All this has happened before. All this will happen again."...

So say we all !

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Paul, i found some mistake/misalignment/shortcomings on your image.

Here's mine: not perfect, just another image (first come from DCSWH-Nevada Beta)

j4c9.jpg

When I look at this picture I'd like to try DCS A-10C beta again but I don't have it anymore.:cry:

... and to replace the buildings...?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Following this logic, let's rename A-10C to F/A-18C. Profit! :thumbup:

:lol:

You misunderstood my post. It was a genuine question, not 'why don't you, guys, just rename the cities, whalha!'. If it's easy though, then it can >facilitate creating limited non-US scenarios<. This is 'my logic' and my point.

dont, lol..

wasnt a 3rd party working on an Afghanistan Map? But stopped to wait for EDGE

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill,

X470 Taichi Ultimate, 2x R7970 Lightnings Crossfired @ 1.1/6.0GHz,

3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns·G HZ201HPB + Oculus HMD,

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs, CH Fighterstick+Pro Throttle+Pro Pedals

expected all stooped teams working on maps can rejoin that work (Afghanistan / Vladivostok / etc) and coming new battleground in the future.

More news to the front

Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings

My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4076891#post4076891

21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/

Silver_Dragon Youtube

wasnt a 3rd party working on an Afghanistan Map? But stopped to wait for EDGE

Yes, Batou. I hope he's still up for it and can get access to the SDK.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

DCS: EDGE Integration REC Requirments.

With Edge coming out soon I am wondering what kind of performance we will be getting? Nevada and especially Las Vegas is a decent size major city not to mention that the ground objects look pretty high in detail. I am meeting the REC REQ's for the release of the new engine but often I find that min = it will run at low settings and at recommended requirements = you can run it good with med/high settings then there is room to improve for the future. Since Edqe runs on servers for real life/commercial simulation this often means 196GB ram multi SLI capable 4 usually is is max in current technology out of the box. Not only this at least in a Microsoft Enterprise Data-center environment is about 64 CPU's. This is based on a VDI from the server interface thats usually porting into simulator environments. Some of these even in the past like what NASA use to have really had stiff requirements. What do you expect from ED/DCS on what EDGE should offer in terms of product cost which is already $250+ for mods. in a mostly enthusiast type of home simulation enviroment.

I just find to be able to enjoy this sim FPS on all of the map is really needed to get the effect of flying.

Also will there be N Vision or 3d support at all?

Edited by LexiconG2

Dell XPS 8500 Modified

700 Watt PSU

Windows 8 Pro MCE

Intel I7 3770 3.8 GHZ TR (stock)

16GB DDR 3 PC12800

Gigabyte 760 OC 2.0GB

2x 2TB HD

If you have a decent video card you'll probably be fine. The graphics of EDGE probably won't be any better than current first person shooters.

Expect a lot of bugs to start as it will probably be the open beta that was mentioned a couple of months ago. I would also expect the current version will be active along side EDGE during the Beta period.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1913780&postcount=6

A little update:

A couple of weeks ago myself and the other producers got access to the current build of the map within the terrain viewer (hence the new images recently). In the process, we were able to identify half a dozen areas that did not meet our visual quality goals. We are now in the process adjusting the visual quality, while balancing it with file size and game performance. Once these improvement efforts have been completed, I will post some new images.

Matt

Nice to hear, keep up your effort ED, and thank you Wags for your post! :thumbup:

Thanks for the update Matt. I sincerely appreciate it. I know things are subject to change here, but *NERVOUS GULP* how do you feel about being on track for release by end of this year? :pilotfly:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Thanks for the update Matt. I sincerely appreciate it. I know things are subject to change here, but *NERVOUS GULP* how do you feel about being on track for release by end of this year? :pilotfly:

I think the key words here in this announcement are that "There are a half-dozen areas" that need improvement. Only a half-dozen, out of how many is the real question. If they are relatively small areas, then a release could be just around the corner barring other technology relevant issues. If, however, they are bigger areas, then, *shrug*.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.