DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should sticky that comment given the amount of people that are going to keep asking!:pilotfly:

Only if someone gets rid of all the outdated stickies.

i.e. Pre-Purchase "DCS: A-10C Warthog"

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

seriously may ? oh bummer I hoped something in february.

Note, he said 'hoping' and 'updates' for May. My guess is that in another month the only thing most people are going to remember is 'May'!;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Absolutely. I bet even if they had an update in April, people would still demand their May update.

Of course, this would be easy to fix with a screenshot of a generic bush in the desert, so I don't imagine it will be too much of a problem.

Of course we could, since many of us paid for Nevada back in Oct, 2010. :music_whistling:

And, no, a screenshot of a bush wouldn't be enough. A screenshot with a bush and a shadow and perhaps a cloud or two would be though. :lol:

Wonder if the extra $20 we paid as original beta testers back in Oct 2010 is still in the bank gaining interest ?

So much was mentioned back then, I won't say promised because that may annoy some people

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

A vid of the Nellis area from an airliner for comparison:

Wish I was there now with a lawnchair and a sixpack to watch RedFlag heh

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

obviously. dx11 is compatible with any previous dx version. otherwise how will modern cards play dx9 games?

also, will the caucasus map be adapted to the new edge engine?

AFAIK no Caucasus won't be adapted as they'd have to go from scratch again so not much point.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

• ED Team

I just hope my ATI Crossfire will finally work, when edge is released . . . . .

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

obviously. dx11 is compatible with any previous dx version. otherwise how will modern cards play dx9 games?

Through using Dx9 runtimes. ;)

You don't actually run the Dx9 code in Dx11. The backwards compatibility happens at the card - in that it is able to accept the results of the Dx9 codepath. (This is why some users who have Dx11 find that they have to install Dx9 redist manually to get appropriate libraries.)

There are also some games that use Dx10 or 11 not to use any new features, but only to use the new codepath to get the same stuff done in a more hardware-efficient way. (Dx10 and 11 does some things more efficiently than Dx9 - an example of a game that does this is Bad Company 2 - it can use either runtime, but when when using something newer than Dx9 it will render exactly the same graphics but at a higher speed.)

But the important thing is that it's the cards (and their drivers etcetera) that are backwards compatible, not DX itself. (All AFAIK, I don't code for DX myself so I may have misunderstood.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

How will it impact the sim?

Well you know how you need a 4.0GHz processor to play this game above 35FPS average as it is right now?

Well by the nevada update, you will need a 6Ghz processor for the same results.

:)

I'd say this is most likely incorrect. Different things have different demands hardware-wise, and do stuff in different ways. Wait until it's closer to being finished before speculating on it's hardware requirement impact. ;)

Most specifically, remember that Dx11 is more efficient than Dx9, so you can do the same (or better) stuff that you do in Dx9, but requirements will drop - not increase. We'll see when Nevada etcetera is closer to being finished how this all pans out. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

but requirements will drop - not increase.

I'm betting a full pint that this will get back to you in horrendous out-of-context references. :beer:

Westinghouse W-600 refrigerator - Corona six-pack - Marlboro reds - Patience by Girlfriend

"Engineering is the art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." (Dr. A. R. Dykes - British Institution of Structural Engineers, 1976)

• 3 weeks later...