Russian or English HUD and MFD?

Russian or English HUD and MFD?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Russian or English HUD and MFD?

• I use russian HUD now and I'm going to use russian MFD's, HUD's etc. in 1.2
    • I use russian HUD now, but I won't in 1.2
    • I don't use russian HUD now, but I'm going to in 1.2
    • I don't use russian HUD now and I'm going to use translaton in 1.2

As you have seen on screenshots ( http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=10286 ), there are a lot of russian words on MFD, HUD, boards. And now you have a choice: russian or english HUD.

Please, tell me, do you use the russian HUD now and will you use russian HUD and MFD in 1.2 or you want to have a translation?

Коричневые очки никогда не поранят мозг. Они небьющиеся.

Brown-coloured spectacles will never harm a brain. They are unbreakable. (с) Me

сфсвсг

I'm the future of the Russian government.

According to Scott Lofgren,

Bentley Systems global director.

I use the Russian HUD at the moment - there's not too much to learn there, you can effectively just treat the Cyrillic letters as strange symbology :p

The Russian MFD in the Ka50 is going to confuse the hell out of me, but I'm going to stick with it . . . . there's dedication for you!

Even though I have 2 years of Russian language training I'd like to see an option for an english HUD for the helo (I'd use it initially to get familiar with all the systems/weapons). I think you'd sell more copies of the game outside of eastern Europe as well. Can't wait to take that bird up once it's ready!

Fever

(USA)

signaturefever7hb.jpg

I use the english HUD because I dont plan to robb and flee in a mig in the near future :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• ED Team

Please don't worry. We have the plan to make English translation for HUD and MFD. :)

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

I just can't help but love that cyrillic font.

Most definitley i want the russian cyrillic. My girlfriend is russian too :icon_pray so thats another reason to stay on russian :icon_syda .

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

2 ThirdELTPoznan:

Dealing with cyrrilics shouldnt be much trouble for you, because many words sound alike and are understandable. When i was in poland, i could understand 60 % of the said...

Yeah I know, some words are exactly the same, just the accent is different.

Cheers

3rdELT

GROM- Grupa Reagowania Operacyjno Manewrowego

As with others I also know a bit of Russian so I`m not too bothered. If we actually do have a clickable cockpit we will also presumably have a mouse pointer so an interesting option may be that if you hover the pointer over the Cyrillic a tool tip type label shows up with a translation (thats probably not possible with the current engine though ??)

Lobo

If we actually do have a clickable cockpit we will also presumably have a mouse pointer so an interesting option may be that if you hover the pointer over the Cyrillic a tool tip type label shows up with a translation (thats probably not possible with the current engine though ??)

Not possible? Currently a clickable pit itself is not possible with the current engine, but they going to add the functionality for it. So it seems they could add your idea, which I personally find very creative!!! Easily solves the problem that English-speakers will have with knowing which switch does what.

Not possible? Currently a clickable pit itself is not possible with the current engine, but they going to add the functionality for it. So it seems they could add your idea, which I personally find very creative!!! Easily solves the problem that English-speakers will have with knowing which switch does what.

Come to think of it you actually have a point. With their programming talents I am sure ED would be able to work something out :)

Lobo

I studied cyrillics in primary school in ex-Yugoslavia and since I speak a Slavic language, I have no trouble with the Russian symbology. I even understand a lot of words. And since I managed to create an account on some russian forum from the first try, I guess I'll be ok with it all. Of course, it is much more difficult for you native English-speaking guys.. You have to learn it by heart which is an extra hard-core motivating factor. Damn, I wish I don't know cyrillics so I'd have this extra motivation ;)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I guess that we French, are gonna have to learn how to read Russian...

Are you sure you wan't the french version?

Bonjour parler Betty de monsieur! tirez vers le ha.. *CRASH* (pull up) ;)

(yes i suck)

ont, now when you remind me i should switch to the russian HUD it's allot cooler.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

english to start with just to get acquainted with how it all goes together then switch to russian if it doesnt confuse me to much.....

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
As you have seen on screenshots ( http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=10286 ), there are a lot of russian words on MFD, HUD, boards. And now you have a choice: russian or english HUD.

Please, tell me, do you use the russian HUD now and will you use russian HUD and MFD in 1.2 or you want to have a translation?

you should of maybe put another option in the poll for, english to begin with to learn basics, then afterwards use russian when you feel you have mastered all the symbols etc