Comms not working

Fish

When i jump in the jet, and hit the 'S' i can get commands from the comms switch for approx 10secondes, then the comms switch ceases to function, and i must restart the sim to get the comms again, but only for 10secs as before.

I have tried remapping the key to a standard key but same thing happens.

Anyone know what could the problem be, sim and othe keystrokes work fine.

Really love the sim, but Its kind of a show stopper for me, and wingman comms are pretty important.

I really don't want to have to relaod the game with starforce etc. Unless i'm sure that would solve the problem.

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

Well there it goes. Three days on the fourm without any response. I must therefore assume that it is my installation is a fault.

I've just backed up my existing install with my new shiny DVD burner.

So onward and upward with my complete re-install. :icon_roll

wish me luck.

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
When i jump in the jet, and hit the 'S' i can get commands from the comms switch for approx 10secondes, then the comms switch ceases to function, and i must restart the sim to get the comms again, but only for 10secs as before.

I have tried remapping the key to a standard key but same thing happens.

Anyone know what could the problem be, sim and othe keystrokes work fine.

Really love the sim, but Its kind of a show stopper for me, and wingman comms are pretty important.

I really don't want to have to relaod the game with starforce etc. Unless i'm sure that would solve the problem.

that happened to me and a few other ppl when 1.1 first came out, the only solution was for me to reinstall the game, save ur reg keys first if u have the web version so u dont waste a register with starforce..

and the only help i got from Ed was " its not end of life", i felt like saying, nub stfu or it b end of ur life, cuz i was pissed cuz game was buggy as crap when 1.1 was first released...

that happened to me and a few other ppl when 1.1 first came out, ...

Well your post has restored my sanity. At least i can live with it if ED know its a bug, I'm sure they'll fix it.

I have completed my install, and used the saved reg key. But same old same old. The problem was there.

So i un-installed 1.1, and 'repaired' the original LOCKon and Guess what.

With original Lock-On Comms switch works very good. So I tried to apply the patch again, but that dident work, so i removed Lock on again. Re-Installed Lock-on, and installed 1.1. And the result ..............?

Well the problem is back with 1.1 so conclusion

Its a 1.1 bug !

But hey, I really love 1.1 for many reasons over 1.02. So it stays in the hope that it will be fixed in next patch/product.

I wonder if the current version 1.1 file the same as mine, as mine was one of the first....? Think i'll try and re-download it, and go through install again.

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[snipped]

With original Lock-On Comms switch works very good. So I tried to apply the patch again, but that dident work, so i removed Lock on again. Re-Installed Lock-on, and installed 1.1. And the result ..............?

Well the problem is back with 1.1 so conclusion

Its a 1.1 bug !

Report it in the Bugs forum with a link to this thread. I suspect a befuddled axes somewhere. Is it just the comms and the rest of the sim flies correctly?

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Report it in the Bugs forum.........

Thanks,

Its already posted there. And yes sim works perfect, but will look at the axis setup.

However my new installs had default axes, and key stettings. Also tried the current 1.1 exe, but its the same as my older file, as it gave me same problem.

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

When you say that the "comms switch ceases to function", do you mean that the text is no longer visible? Or that a command is no longer issued, even if you press all the right keys? If the former, could it be a graphics driver issue?

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

i think he means he can use the comms once like i did then u cant use it again... cuz it doesnt show up, if i am right i also formatted aswell so maybe the format and the reinstall of thegame solved it.....

i already posted it in bugs thread as well as a few others when 1.1 first came out.....

When you say that the "comms switch ceases to function", do you mean that the text is no longer visible? Or that a command is no longer issued, even if you press all the right keys? If the former, could it be a graphics driver issue?

Rich

Hi Rich,

I appreciate you taking an interest in this issue, and i know you could be doing some more of that good stuff we know and appreciate you for.

For the first 10 seconds in flight (or taxi or ramp) i have no problems, i press the # key (my comms), and have managed to give commands, they show up as the text displaying the F key options on the top right of the screen, Then I get the message sent in text on the Lhs, with audible mimic, then text acknowledging, with and andible acknowldging. So for 10 seconds everything seems to work good.

After that I cant get the 'F' key options by pressing the same # key. It just stops working. NO command options, no command text, and no feedback text or audible responses. There's nothing that my graphics setup can do for 10 seconds that it cant do for the duration of the mission. Also it worked fine when i went back to original LockON, all the way through the missions. But once i installed FC over it, problem came back again. Tried re-installing three times, each time same result, Lock on fine, but FC no go. Im not re-mapping keys, and its not joystick related, as i tried it with a virgin FC1.1 install, with my Hotas switched off.

I can give the basic direct commands, like 'Loose', tight, cover me, RTP with the '[' and ']' keys and combinations, but thats all.

PS,

Really think your stuff is great since flanker 1.5 (or maybe before?), its a big part of why i'm still with these sims. ....

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

i think he means he can use the comms once like i did then u cant use it again... cuz it doesnt show up, if i am right i also formatted aswell so maybe the format and the reinstall of thegame solved it.....

i already posted it in bugs thread as well as a few others when 1.1 first came out.....

So you had the problem, but its solved now?

Fish's Flight Sim Videos