Cant get comms to work.

Fish

When i jump in the jet, and hit the 'S' i can get commands from the comms switch for approx 10secondes, then the comms switch ceases to function, and i must restart the sim to get the comms again, but only for 10secs as before.

I have tried remapping the key to a standard key but same thing happens.

Anyone know what could the problem be, sim and othe keystrokes work fine.

Really love the sim, but Its kind of a show stopper for me, and wingman comms are pretty important.

I really don't want to have to relaod the game with starforce etc. Unless i'm sure that would solve the problem.

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...
Sorry posted by mistake. Same post above.

When i jump in the jet, and hit the 'S' i can get commands from the comms switch for approx 10secondes, then the comms switch ceases to function, and i must restart the sim to get the comms again, but only for 10secs as before.

I have tried remapping the key to a standard key but same thing happens.

Anyone know what could the problem be, sim and othe keystrokes work fine.

Really love the sim, but Its kind of a show stopper for me, and wingman comms are pretty important.

I really don't want to have to relaod the game with starforce etc. Unless i'm sure that would solve the problem.

Have now installed the 1.11 patch, and no, its still not solved for me. Anyone experience it and solved it.....apart from reformat, and reinstall ?

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

fish same thing happened to me when i first got fc, only way to solve it at my end was a complete reinstall of lockon and a format, i am not sure if i formatted first then reinstalled lockon, or i reinstalled lockon and formatted some weeks after, but whatever i did cured it, and it was one of the 2 above options.

Have you New View utility on your PC?

Thanks for the reply Han,

but im sorry I don't understand your question.What kind of view utilty? When running FC, I close down non essential services, and only have what i really need, and this includes TIR and cougar CCP. List looks like

http://homepage.eircom.net/~fish44/Pictures/serviceslist.jpg

(But problem is the same with/without services,TIR or Cougar.)

I overclock, but have tried it at stock speed, and same problem exists. When original lomac installed alone, no problems. But once i add FC, problem comes back. Nothing else different.! It is like a timer runs out at 10secs, and switches this functionality off, or maybe unmaps the key.!

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

• 1 month later...

Fish are you talking about comms being the '\' key. Radio comms to call wingman/tower/etc??

What happens if you map the function to another key?

Check your input options in game/if the Cougar is in there/and make sure they key isnt already assigned to your HOTAS stick.

Saying comms I originally thought you were talking about the key you assigned to use for talk on Teamspeak.

dredd4hd0.jpg

---= 169th Panthers -Flt Lt.- =---

http://www.169thpanthers.com.au

tbdreddey7.png

AMD64 S939 3700 | 2GB Corsair DDR500 | 21" CRT

ATI Radeon X800Pro | 2x36GB WD Raptors | SB Audigy

TIR3 | TM-868 | X52 | CH Pedals | Creative 5.1 Spkrs

Fish are you talking about comms being the '\' key. Radio comms to call wingman/tower/etc??

Yes

What happens if you map the function to another key?

Check your input options in game/if the Cougar is in there/and make sure they key isnt already assigned to your HOTAS stick.

Thanks Dredd,

Yes I have tried that also. Have mapped it to the 'k' key, and made sure it was not used for anything else. Also mapped the 'k' key to my cougar. But same thing happens. It works fine both ways, manual key input, or pressing mappped button on cougar, But only for about 10 seconds. Then nothing more.

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

• 2 months later...