A-10 Details

Here is the loadout data for the A-10A prior to the PE upgrade.

A-10-LOADOUT.jpg

Just some notes

If something is loaded on Station 6 nothing can be loaded on Station 5 & 7 and vice-versa.

AGM-65 can only be loaded on Outboard & Bottom Rails of the LAU-88.

AGM-65H & K are new versions with CCD (Charged Coupling Device) Seeker which is basicly an Enhanced TV Maverick.

Only AGM-65B, D, & H can be loaded on LAU-88 as the AGM-65G & K are too Heavy.

ECM Stations are 1 & 11 only

--------------------------------

Operational Loadouts

Standard Loadouts will always include the following.

2x AIM-9Ls

ALQ-131 or ALQ-184 ECM Pod

CAS & CSAR Missions

[#1]

2x AGM-65

2x LAU-131

4x CBU-87

[#2]

2x AGM-65

2x LAU-131

2x CBU-87

[#3]

1x AGM-65

1x Lightning Pod

2x LAU-131

4x GBU-12

[#4]

2x AGM-65

2x LAU-131

4x Mk82/BSU49

FAC Missions

[#1]

2x AGM-65

2x LAU-131 (1 with WP)

[#2]

2x AGM-65

2x LAU-131 (1 with WP)

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

banner.jpg

Combatace

47 Miles from the DMZ!

Guest IguanaKing

Thanks for the info Wpnssgt ! :icon_supe

The charts I have are 20 years old, so, its nice to see one that is current.

All we need is for Shepski to upgrade his mod to this, well at least for the A-10. Sweet work wpnssgt, now I'm going to tell your RO about this :-)

Aren't AGM-65Ks just AGM-65Gs modified with a TV/EO seeker (as opposed to an IIR one)? If they are, then how can the AGM-65K be carried in pairs on the TERs when the AGM-65G cannot, since they should both be about the same weight?

Only AGM-65B, D, & K can be loaded on LAU-88 as the AGM-65G is too Heavy.

sigzk5.jpg

• ED Team
Here is the loadout data for the A-10A prior to the PE upgrade...

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Aren't AGM-65Ks just AGM-65Gs modified with a TV/EO seeker (as opposed to an IIR one)? If they are, then how can the AGM-65K be carried in pairs on the TERs when the AGM-65G cannot, since they should both be about the same weight?

I'm pretty sure the G is bigger isn't it, that was my impression with AFs Gs only carried single missile per pylon. The other thing is that I have seen photos of Mavericks carried in pairs which makes sense for killing tanks. Any reason why none of those configurations has them in pairs. Also missing the BSUs in lockon.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I'm pretty sure the G is bigger isn't it, that was my impression with AFs Gs only carried single missile per pylon. The other thing is that I have seen photos of Mavericks carried in pairs which makes sense for killing tanks. Any reason why none of those configurations has them in pairs. Also missing the BSUs in lockon.

the AGM-65G has a 300 pound HE warhead; the D model has a shaped-charge 125 pound warhead. The D is a real tank-killer, on the viper it can be carried on the LAU-88 triple launcher. In the anti-tank role, it makes sense to carry more missiles.

The G model is suited to attack buildings, fortifications, small bridges, small ships. I'm not sure about the K-version: it is supposed to be an overhauled G-model, with the IIR-seeker replaced by a low light CCD. The AGM-65H would then be an overhauled B-model.

Both have been used in Iraqi Freedom, where the CCD seeker proved less sensitive to sandstorm disturbances than the IIR G-model.

I guess that a K-model with 300 pound HE warhead can only be single mounted, whereas a K-model with shaped charge warhead could be carried in pairs?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In my understanding, the A-10 can carry any Mav with the 125 lb shaped-charge warhead in pairs on its TERs. Off the top of my head, that (significantly) is the B, D and H variants of the missile.

Just so there is no confusion :rolleyes:

This is a TER which is for Bombs (which is really needed)

TER.jpg

This is a LAU-88 which is for AGM-65B, D, & H only

LAU88.jpg

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

banner.jpg

Combatace

47 Miles from the DMZ!

Hello Everyone,

I did not know it could carry so many MK-84's. 6 of those is a massive amount of weight. Oh to have a lightning pod and gbu's in Lomac

Thanks

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

• 3 months later...

I found the way to use GBU in 1.11.:horseback

Simply download LOPE, then load central pylons with gbu and save.

When you build a mission, you must designate some ground targets such as building, bunkers, etc....

when you steer towards that target, the target box on HUD become a sort of maverick cross: fly over the target and when you hear the signal launch and the bomb will fall on that designated target.

some shots:

screenshot0279ev.jpg

screenshot0285ro.jpg

screenshot0299bs.jpg

...please post your comments if you'll try it.

@wpngsst: you can only use internal pylons for gbu's?

Freelance Hog Pilot

:joystick:

I would like to clarify something here so everyone doesn’t get the wrong idea about the LAU-88. Yes it had problems during Desert Storm and the drag when using them is great but, this doesn’t mean the LAU-88 is not a piece of equipment forgotten by the A-10 community.

After Desert Storm the LAU-88 was modified to fix the reliability problems encountered during DS. The LAU-88 is still deployed with the A-10 and can be used at a moments notice to triple the load capabilities of the A-10.

During OIF the LAU-88 was used to ferry Mavericks from the main operating bases to the FOL This cut the amount of time needed to support the FOLs and gave the A-10s forward operating capabilities quicker than could be done other wise.

The LAU-88 is still a part of the A-10 inventory and will be until the A-10C is fully operational.

pic101.jpg

Ugly but well hung!