Dark shadow over the flight deck

CSL_Ondras

Greetings everbody. Has anybody of you experienced bug shown in the attached pictures? Exists any way to dismantle this bug? It apears when I switch on full shadows and viewing camera is above the carrier. I have GF 6800 GT. Thanks.

CVS_Ondras

This is no bug! This simulate the shadow coming from the clouds! Set under "Weather" "THCKNSS" and "DENSITY" to low or set the "HAZE" settings to Basic! ;)

Regards

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a 6800 GT. I havent seen this bug.

On a side not, Ondras since you have a 6800 GT, do you get the problem I do with cannon rounds striking ground and dropping FPS? I dont mean to de-rail this thread, so if you do or not, could you let me know in my thread?

I always put that one down to the flash and smoke effects dropping the FPS. Upgraded from a 9700 Pro to an X800XL and it went away . . . . I wouldn't have expected it to be a problem on a 6800GT, though.

Just out of interest, what AA and AF settings are you running? Heat blur? Canopy scratches?

I've also got a 6800gt, but also had this prob with an old fx5600 before i upgraded. Seems that the shadow has followed me to the new GT. As long as I don't face the carrier in external or enternal views I don't get the shadow, But the instant it's within my field of view, bam!! there it is. There's not performance hit, it's just annoying.

Althlon X2 6400+ 3.2 ghz

EVGA 8800GT SC - 512mb

X-45

MOMO pedals

I always put that one down to the flash and smoke effects dropping the FPS. Upgraded from a 9700 Pro to an X800XL and it went away . . . . I wouldn't have expected it to be a problem on a 6800GT, though.

Just out of interest, what AA and AF settings are you running? Heat blur? Canopy scratches?

No AA, no AF no heat blur. I have the scratches on.

I will try with scatches off and see what happens.

I have a 6800 GT. I havent seen this bug.

On a side not, Ondras since you have a 6800 GT, do you get the problem I do with cannon rounds striking ground and dropping FPS? I dont mean to de-rail this thread, so if you do or not, could you let me know in my thread?

Hi Prophet, I've tried the cannon and I don't have troble with dropping FPS. My settings: 2Q antialiasing, 2 filtering, full sadows, heat blur, canopy, full effects, scenery medium, visibilty 50, full haze (haze relly has no effect on this stupid shadow bug.. :D ).

It seems to me, that appearance of some bugs really depends on individual system after I've read some threads here. I have now only one solution - I won't fly Su-33 (unfortunately my favorit plane)....(I really hate that shadow, It sucks.... :D )

O.

Yes, this is the exact problem.... soo soo annoying its disgusting. I've tried all kinda of drivers and settings. fooled with every setting I could think in game and out of game. I even had to reinstall windows a few days ago, and still have the prob. And for one last note, I went from a fx5600 to 6800gt and there's not change, still have the shadow of doom. Somebody has to help us out. pleeeeaseee.... :confused: I did notice a difference from mine to yours though MIG-MAG, once my shadow comes it stays for good until i restart the mission.

Althlon X2 6400+ 3.2 ghz

EVGA 8800GT SC - 512mb

X-45

MOMO pedals

Hi guys, i posted this on another thread recently leading with the same issue:

"Well i have had this problem for a long while and realized it is a driver situation, i have my haze in "basic" and still get it, it only happens when a ship is moving, try building a mission with stopped ships and you'll get all the shadows, now modify it so that only one of them is moving (not matter if it is only at 1 kt.), boom!, your shadows are gone (it wouldn't be that bad if only the shadows were gone, but you also get this dark, flat, unlit look to the ships that makes it unbereable to look at). I know is the driver because i noticed it the first time it happened, the 5x.xx series driver does not have this problem, but they are too slow for my 6800gt. By the way, i've tried this on 3 different computers with different configurations and as long as i used one of the newer drivers (or had a ship moving) they were no shadows.

I want to thank you MIG-MAG for bringing this up, i've tried before but i didn't know how to post screenshots here in the forum, now that Chizh has seen it maybe they can fix this.

I agree it's extremely annoying, to the point that i try not to make any ships move on missions just to avoid this problem, the only way i've seen that works is by turning off shadows completely, that works (gives you higher FPS too, but it looks bad) but i want my shadows!!!!.

So ED could you help us with this, it seems that the Nvidia cards are the only ones affected. Again it only happens when a ship is moving, it happens regardless of AA and Anitrosopic (spelling) filtering setting, sometimes the no shadow thing transfers to weapons in flight and planes, it makes not want to use the ships , that's how ugly it looks, the screenshots of MIG-MAG look good in comparison to how it realy looks in a real monitor, it's horrible. Please help us ED!!, we count on you guys!!.

Thanks Chizh and MIG-MAG for bringin up thsi matter "

Hope this helps, i also hope that someone at either Nvidia or ED caan solcve this, it's really annoying.

There is a bug with full-shadows when in mission are planes and ships.

Can't be fixed now.

Ok, I respect that. This sim is very complex, but the next logical questions are: "What has to happen in order to fix it? Is it release of the patch? Or release of 2, or 3 or... x patches?" :icon_twis

Regards

O.