Dear ED, what about tinted glass cockpits?

toby23

I like it too -- good work!

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

EDIT - Just flew campaign 11-1-0 and this does take some getting used to but it's great.

Super CEPEGA,

Thank you very much.

Please add this to the mod section for anyone else who would like to use it.

Rep inbound,

Toby

Edited by toby23

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

I think it bears mention for those not in the know. And this surprised me, when I started doing the whole flying thing. There is very little doubt in my mind that it's much different in the military.

Airplanes are not like cars. They last for decades. But they're also having parts replaced, rebuilt, and refurbished nearly all the time. Avionics, panels, engines, even wings get replaced periodically depending on aircraft make and model. In the civilian world it is up to the owner/operator to comply with all of the FARs (or whatever rules govern that sort of thing in your country!) that cover airworthiness.

This often results in as situation where aircraft are flying around with an amalgamation of new/old parts or parts from different manufacturers. On some airplanes, one wing might be newer than another wing. Sometimes, you have a collection of new instruments alongside old instruments. And so it goes.

Request: Can someone please post the updated .zip file so I can take a quick peek at the mod.. Just don't want to install/load winrar or whatever tool to un-rar then re-zip ... Thanks much appreciated!

Edit: Never mind ... the .zip file is too large ... sorry, I should have looked before I posted... my bad

Edited by bradleyjs

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Just installed and wow nice job i really like it. The HDR glare off the tinted glass is very cool. Good job!

" I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle."

Downloading it now, but one thing that would be interesting is if they had a randomizer for when you get repaired... you "could" end up with this, or only one side tinted, depending on what needed to be fixed after battle.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Downloading it now, but one thing that would be interesting is if they had a randomizer for when you get repaired... you "could" end up with this, or only one side tinted, depending on what needed to be fixed after battle.

That is just another part of the same issue with exterior panels. If you want to go all the way you would have to do an awful lot of skin work to make repairs look realistic.

But then the cockpit never actually gets damaged in the sim anyway! :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

CEPEGA,

I just tried this mod and this very nice work. However, I've have no luck in editing this file to change the tint to a less yellow setting so that I may see what best suites my tastes. Do I need a program other than Wordpad, notepad, etc. to edit? or could you edit and post some tinted panels with different degree's of shading? Thanks a million. You guys deserve a portion of ED's pie. Grim31

try this

Hi M8 try this its calles notepad++ http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

This lets you change the lua field values and stuff.:smilewink:

edit:as always back up before editing.

Edited by 3instein

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

Ok, here we go. Made two additional versions of the windshields and packed them all together.

the .rar file contains now three folders named "yellow windshields a", "yellow windshields b", "yellow windshields c". Each of them contains the responsitive .dds file you have to put into the "A_10C_C_EDM_TEX.zip" file of your game.

"yellow windshields a" - the original version i released first time

"yellow windshields b" - less yellow as in the original version

"yellow windshields c" - less yellow as in the b-version (nearly not noticeble yellow)

choose the version you like and have fun guys :joystick:

btw: grim31, you need Adobe Photoshop and nVidia's dds-plugin for photoshop to be able to edit the files

Colored windshields.rar

1758043946_yellowwindshieldsa.thumb.jpg.f46344ca515a20a9ba23ffc5b8f8a991.jpg

1061045899_yellowwindshieldsb.thumb.jpg.4ac73e69dd7dac5e8fa962e0572aebb7.jpg

723968999_yellowwindshieldsc.thumb.jpg.82ace18931fd4f25afb7ee45b06c67bb.jpg

Edited by CEPEGA
  • Like 1

Asus Z97-PRO | Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00Ghz | beQuite! PowerZone 650W | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti | Creative E-MU 1616m | Samsung SSD 840 Evo Basic - 1TB | Win10 |

TM Hotas Cougar w. U2nxt + hall sensors | VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro

Unfortunately there is an ugly overlap problem that becomes visible as soon as you add colour to the glass panels... so I've edited version B to remove the problem.

See screenshots below for comparison.

------------------------------------------------------------

To install the attached file, first close DCS A-10C and then:

1. Navigate to \DCS A-10C\Bazar\A-10C\Model\Textures\A_10C_C_EDM_TEX.zip

2. Open this zip folder, do not extract it

3. Backup the file A-10C-glass-REFLECT.dds

4. Replace this file with the one included in the attached zip file

5. Start DCS A-10C

------------------------------------------------------------

editedNEW.thumb.jpg.b42cb3da28ddb1a9408d975e774fc0bc.jpg

A-10C-glass-REFLECT.zip

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

Unfortunately there is an ugly overlap problem that becomes visible as soon as you add colour to the glass panels... so I've edited version B to remove the problem.

it's because the black part is behind the glass, that's why it's appearing like that.

btw: flew a night mission today, and its difficult to see through the yellow windshields with NVG on (at least with activated HDR). Especially with version A installed. It's because the yellow glass is less transparent than the normal one. Will try to fix that, so the yellow and normal glass has the same transparency.

• Like 2

Asus Z97-PRO | Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00Ghz | beQuite! PowerZone 650W | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti | Creative E-MU 1616m | Samsung SSD 840 Evo Basic - 1TB | Win10 |

TM Hotas Cougar w. U2nxt + hall sensors | VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro

• 3 weeks later...

Noticed something odd.. I have just installed an ssd and this was the first mod i installed and noticed that my heat blur is messed up. I get black cones coming out of the exhaust..lol I had the same problem on the old hard drive to. Drivers are all the same between installs.

Not a big deal but wondering if anyone noticed this

" I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle."

Hey CEPEGA, nice mod ty +1

BTW to anyone who might have missed this

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=76188

another great thread with many A-10C cockpit photos, many showing the tinted glass.

Thanks for the link. That's lot of beautiful photos! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

• 3 years later...

Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has put together a workaround since whatever patch it was broke CEPEGA's mod.

It still works if you place the file in the container's new location (Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\A_10C_C_EDM_TEX.zip), however, the center becomes yellow as well.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys may be able to offer.

Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has put together a workaround since whatever patch it was broke CEPEGA's mod.

It still works if you place the file in the container's new location (Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\A_10C_C_EDM_TEX.zip), however, the center becomes yellow as well.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys may be able to offer.

Well, since the tinted glass is implemented in the A-10C since 2 years the mod is obsolete and useless... :smartass:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Just popped into A-10C instant action to check and if you look closely in external view you can see the slight gold tint of the right and left front windscreens. Center screen and main canopy appear to be clear.

At least that's how it appears to me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog