Mouse Pointer looks like White Box in exported movie?

Gonzo01

I tried to update my mission training tracks last night and noticed that in all the tracks when I exported them out of the mission editor using the AVI Record feature, the mouse pointer is replaced with a solid white box. Any ideas what would cause this? I did not see this in the 1.1.0.8 patch and I have not changed any of my graphics settings.

Edited by Gonzo01

If you look at the center of RWR you will see the mouse cursor as a white box in the center. I noticed that if I watch the track the mouse cursor looks fine, but when I select the Record AVI in the Mission Editor and export it, the mouse cursor is shown as a white box while it exports. I tried both AVI and Theora codecs.

Screen_110726_202355.thumb.jpg.daa50f8609005b12e28347ed53db12c7.jpg

Edited by Gonzo01

I haven't used this particular functionality (in fact, I haven't even spent much time looking at tracks at all... ), so I can't say if I have it...

I'm only basing the suggestion on some past experience with other titles and a similar glitch... (Old moldy, worn out tester... :) )

And I'm sorry - I have to modify my post, since I can't find any option in game or nvidia panel to set the cursor hardware/software... I could have sworn it was available in the nvidia control panel... Must have been in the title I was thinking of, sorry!

It may be buried in the LUA files, but I don't see a toggle anywhere convenient... :(

Edited by Diemos

Because of some changes to switch position and cockpit functionality, I have been trying to redo some of my training videos for our squad. Unfortunately, it just does not work without the mouse pointer. The mouse pointer would help draw the viewer's attention to a specific switch or gauge in the cockpit.

This does not seem to be a drivers issues since people with both ATI and Nvidia are have the same issue. The mouse shows up on screen, it's just not being exporting after selecting Record AVI in the Mission Editor. Instead all I get is a white box where the mouse pointer is supposed to be.

Our squad is adding support for DCS A-10C, but without training videos to help with the steep learning curve, I am afraid interest is going to fade. I am currently using Final Cut X to make our training videos using exported tracks from DCS A-10C version 1.1.0.9. I have tried other tools like FRAPS to export file, but the ability to work with a track files gives us the most flexibility and there is no frame rate hit. If anyone has a way around this issue I think a few of us would be grateful for some feedback.

Edited by Gonzo01

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible for someone at ED to let us know if this glich introduced by the 1.1.0.9 patch can be fix in the future? We were really hoping to add DCS A-10C operations to our squad, but everything has been put on hold since 1.1.0.9 patch. We are not able to rollout any training tutorials. They just don't make any sense without a mouse pointer. The viewer really need's to know the location of the switch, gauge, or system being talked about in order to follow the tutorial. The mouse pointer was the only way I know of to make this work. Unfortunately, we cannot go back to the 1.1.0.8 build. I would really appreciate some help so that we can generate some interest in DCS A-10C again. :)

Edited by Gonzo01