DCS: A-10C Warthog 1.1.0.9 Full install is up!

cjlive

I'll laugh very hard if it's not a Hornet..

I'll cry :D

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

Than prepare yourself to get allot of tissues!

The only person you're lying to is yourself, and that is, in some ways...much worse....:D

• Like 1

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

32 bit users have thier high quality textures back. cheers ED. :thumbup:

Pity we have to ditch our old trk files though . :(

Edited by Fish

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

I am so happy :) It just appeared so fast and suddenly. Looking forward for 1.1.1.0 and Nevada map as for anything else, but for now most of my issues seems to be fixed from 1.0.0.7. (I've purchased) And all that little stuffs like fixed shadows, or DMS/TMS visual orientation, or cockpit glass reflections makes it polished again ;o) + all that uber extra fixes in short time. Damn I can't wait until I collect all necessary knowledge to play online and to be a supportive next one there ;o)

CPU: Intel Q9550 @2.83GHz | RAM: 4GB 1066MHz | GPU: Asus GTX 560 Ti | HDD: 1TB SataII | Keyb: Logitech G19 | Mouse: Logitech G9 | Knypl: Logitech G940 | OS: W7HE x64

Do you mean you never fired the gun yet you see the splashes? You will get splashes after a very long delay of firing the gun to simulate bullets bouncing then impacting after the delay.

Hmm, I thought so, but wouldn't put my hand in the fire on that one :) I'll check again. OK, the delayed part makes sense for the ricochets, but why don't I get the initial impact splash when firing directly at the water? I mean, maybe because the AP rounds probably brake up when they impact the water, but I'd expect bigger splashes from this then from the subsequent fragment impacts.

Sorry if I'm treading old ground here, but I did a vague google search and didn't see any obvious hits.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I have steam version and just installed the patch making sure i point the patch to the game folder

Does not work for me.

Returns: Patch 1.1.0.8 [EN] should be installed.

There being a 1.1.0.8 readme in the steamapps/dcsa10 folder, I assume that is there (also, 1.1.0.8 won't install either)

...Not sure what went wrong there.

Does not work for me.

Returns: Patch 1.1.0.8 [EN] should be installed.

There being a 1.1.0.8 readme in the steamapps/dcsa10 folder, I assume that is there (also, 1.1.0.8 won't install either)

...Not sure what went wrong there.

I had the same problem. The solution for me was that if you select the path, the update adds a "\New Folder" in the path. I removed it and it worked.

I'm happiest of all that I have a crystal clear cockpit back (when world textures are set to medium). No more feeling like an octogenarian pilot :)

Windows 10 | i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 8GB RAM | ASRock P67 Extreme4 | Seasonic X-Series 650W PSU | Oculus Rift DK2 | CH Fighterstick, Throttle & Pedals

For you steam guys, in 1.1.0.8 patching this way broke at least multiplayer. If not some other things. Best thing to do if you don't like to wait is download the full installer and install it stand alone with the CD Key that Steam gives you. That's what I've done and couldn't be happier. No more waiting.

Has anyone imported their old logbook data in to the new patch doing a clean install, if so any problems, is this recommended? What about HOTAS settings?

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Has anyone imported their old logbook data in to the new patch doing a clean install, if so any problems, is this recommended? What about HOTAS settings?

It's all in the saved games folder. Not a problem here.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hmm, I thought so, but wouldn't put my hand in the fire on that one :) I'll check again. OK, the delayed part makes sense for the ricochets, but why don't I get the initial impact splash when firing directly at the water? I mean, maybe because the AP rounds probably brake up when they impact the water, but I'd expect bigger splashes from this then from the subsequent fragment impacts.

Sorry if I'm treading old ground here, but I did a vague google search and didn't see any obvious hits.

Water hits by the gun I haven't tested much, but perhaps it is simulated more for ground hits and uses the same routines for water.

OK. The question isss,,, Do we need to uninstall the game again and do a full install to make it work smoothly?

Asus P8P67Pro, Intel i7, 8gb DDR3, OCZ Vertex3, 120gb SSD, GForce GTX 560, Cooler Master GX850, Win 7, Logi X 3D Pro.

I am being offered a full download or a patch to 07. the patch is instructing to uninstall the game and then install the patch. Seems a bit confusing. I am getting both then maybe I'll flip a coin?

Addendum: I see the patch is a patch and a lot smaller than the full install. So, if I uninstall I am guessing the patch won't install. So, I wonder why they are stating to uninstall the game for the patch?

Edited by Shootist

Asus P8P67Pro, Intel i7, 8gb DDR3, OCZ Vertex3, 120gb SSD, GForce GTX 560, Cooler Master GX850, Win 7, Logi X 3D Pro.

Never mind. It's early and I haven't had my coffee yet.

Reread the patch instructions and it is pointing out that if there are framerate problems to do an uninstall and a full version install. tThis is what happened to me last time so I guess I'll run with that. Kinda of a drag to completely start over with ever patch, tho.

So as a steam user- how would you recommend nuking my steam install?

How do I keep my user files for the game?

I am downloading the full install torrent. Speed is bouncing all around, from 225 up to nearly 1mb/s. Surprised ED doesnt have a seed box set up.

So as a steam user- how would you recommend nuking my steam install?

Rightclick - delete local files

How do I keep my user files for the game?

They are kept for you automagically, no user intervention required.

I am downloading the full install torrent. Speed is bouncing all around, from 225 up to nearly 1mb/s. Surprised ED doesnt have a seed box set up.

I'm seeing 157 seeders atm, should be quite enough.