Re new official training mission A10C -

Guys, can you help please, have downloaded the file and copied/pasted into training missions/aircraft familiarisation folder, but when I start up the sim and go to training, the new mission is nowhere to be seen.......any help very much appreciated

You need to put it in missions folder

Or make a new folder with your download missions files

MB:MSI X79A-GD45

CPU:Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz

Ram:16 gb

Grafik :GTX 680 Sli

Win 7 64 bit

1200 W

2 ssd 120 gb

1 2 TB western Digital Caviar Green

Yep, just run through it, got to the point of long coolie hat down for quick look and the instructor bailed out...........although the command did work as it should

I have not tried this but, did you see this post about a fix.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1249999&postcount=3

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Where can I find these new training missions to down load?

Here.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1249843#post1249843

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Don't know if this breaks the sim elsewhere, but it is fairly simple to get it to show up in the training missions...

Go to <sim root>DCS A-10C\Training\<en>\<whichever subdirectory you wish<I chose "Aircraft Operation">>\ and you will see numbered folders...

Create a new folder using the next number (in Aicraft Operation, that's "5")...

Copy the new mission into this folder and then copy the file "lesson.lua" from one of the other numbered folders into the new folder...

Edit "lesson.lua" in the new folder to reflect the actual Filename, the Name you want to see in the menu, and the Description you want to see in the box... um... describing the mission (I just copied and pasted from the forum announcement), and the Keysort line to match the number of the folder, then save the file and start the sim...

You should see the mission available in the training section along with all the others!

I have NO IDEA if this violates the integrity of the sim (perhaps I shouldn't have posted it... Hmmmm... ), but it seems to work, and you only need to delete the folder you created when patching...

Moderators, please feel free to delete this post if it is in any way inappropriate!

Maybe I am just slow but, unzipped the folder and put the folder into my missions folder. Does not contain .miz file? Also tried using it with modman, no luck. Cant seem to get into work or even show up in game?

Edited by Ranger79

Just don't unzip! The file you downloaded IS the mission miz.

It's supposed to be compressed and named with a .miz extension (i.e. mission zipped).

Unzipping is simply made on the fly by the sim as a smart storage saver feature.