The best AI for GUnzo?

WHy is that AI are very dumb in the game,,,,i set 1vs1 with AI 30% fuel,,excellent and i have 45% fuel but i still i can shotdown it for less than 1 min...(gunzo)...I hope this would be fixed in the patch...

Yep, you're brilliant, and now that you've brought this grave deficiency in Artificial Intelligence programming to ED's attention, they will drop everything else they've been working on and focus solely on improving the AI's performance in gunzo for the patch.

Sheesh . . . .

A little perspective is called for, I think ;)

In the meantime . . . . try flying against the Mirage. You don't specify what aircraft you were flying against what, which doesn't help . . . .

And the really obvious answer is that computer-controlled aircraft are ALWAYS dumb, no matter how hard you work to program them. Get on HyperLobby and try and take down a human.

Yep, you're brilliant, and now that you've brought this grave deficiency in Artificial Intelligence programming to ED's attention, they will drop everything else they've been working on and focus solely on improving the AI's performance in gunzo for the patch.

LMFAO!!! ( damn, I just wet myself from laughter :icon_weed )

:D

Hi all.

IMHO the most difficult gunzo plane/pilot is the Mirage.

Agreed. It will turn on a dime and give you nine cents change. Some of the best times I have had are starting out at 100nm, (try to) evade the MICA's, then get in there and goto gunz. Good times!!! -KILSEK

Honestly,,,i find mirage as dumb as other aircraft in gunzo,,,they just turn well but very predictable thus very easy to defeat...

I prefer to fight against newbie rather than AI(excellent). :rolleyes:

I remember during old flanker wherein its very hard to defeat F-15 in a gunzo,i hope ED will return that in lockon 1.11 :)

=RvE=jr

For starters, why aren't you flying with your fuel at 100%? You said you wanted more of a challenge, so try handicapping yourself.

There are no difference mate (me 100% vs Mirage 50%) :( ....they are still very easy to defeat...coz they just go for angle and bleed speed to much,,,

I suppose you're already flying with all realistic features turned on... if not try to do that

if you already do so, I think you're a bit exaggerated. Mirage2000 and F-5E Tiger are very hard to shoot down in gunzo, and I'd say that if there's a place where LockOn AI doesn't need much improvements that is close-combat/gunzo.

I suppose you're already flying with all realistic features turned on... if not try to do that

if you already do so, I think you're a bit exaggerated. Mirage2000 and F-5E Tiger are very hard to shoot down in gunzo, and I'd say that if there's a place where LockOn AI doesn't need much improvements that is close-combat/gunzo.

Except Padlock(its on)..but all realistic features are on,,,it was a less than 1 min engagement (32 secs to be exact), Me (SU-27) has 100% fuel and AI mirage(excellent) has 50%. i have the tracks bro i just recorded it.

During repeated gunzo fight with that mirage,it still moves exactly what it did in our previous fight so i still defeated the AI again and again.

But believe me bro,,,AI are very easy to kill in gunzo... :)..As I say,,,i prefer to fight newbie in gunzo rather than AI(excellent)

Ya i agree to you that mirage and f-5 are difficult to shoot that is because they are small but they are not smart,,in terms of tactics and manuevers,,they just as dumb as other AI..

I dont want to be misinterpret here as boastfull or lifting my own chair. I just want the ED team to know that their AI in the game needs a little reprograming and rewiring :)

tnks

=RvE=

I just want the ED team that AI in the game needs a little reprograming and rewiring :)

tnks

=RvE=

You're not wrong, but their gunzo performance, in the big scheme of things, isn't too bad.

Things like AB use, hunting random targets in A2G, being rubbish in BVR, and generally monumentally stupid are bigger flaws than not being perfect in gunzo.

Crashing into each other and the scenery and shooting each other (and me) with heaters is also annoying. Not complaining though it just means you have to look after 'em! The opposite end of the spectrum is the problem encountered by IL2/PF players where the AI cheats, and the current situation is preferable to that.

Tell me about it. Those I-16's put years on me. 'F-16' more like.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Except Padlock(its on)..but all realistic features are on,,,it was a less than 1 min engagement (32 secs to be exact), Me (SU-27) has 100% fuel and AI mirage(excellent) has 50%. i have the tracks bro i just recorded it.

During repeated gunzo fight with that mirage,it still moves exactly what it did in our previous fight so i still defeated the AI again and again.

But believe me bro,,,AI are very easy to kill in gunzo... :)..As I say,,,i prefer to fight newbie in gunzo rather than AI(excellent)

Ya i agree to you that mirage and f-5 are difficult to shoot that is because they are small but they are not smart,,in terms of tactics and manuevers,,they just as dumb as other AI..

I dont want to be misinterpret here as boastfull or lifting my own chair. I just want the ED team to know that their AI in the game needs a little reprograming and rewiring :)

tnks

=RvE=

Sorry! I speak English not well enough! But!Show this f****n treck! It`s interesting!! :)

..."ENGAGE!!! ENGAGE!!!..

=273=MAILMAN:"TARGET DESTROYED!!!".....

I've never flown Su-27 in gunzo, but flying the '15 against F-5 and Mirage is quite hard, IMHO. And I turn at corner speeds, use vertical movements, barrel rolls and so on... I'm not an ace in BFM, but I know something about them.

BTW, I always fly 2 vs 2 engagements, with my wingman shot down very soon pretty much every time, so it quickly becomes 2 on 1. Try that, maybe you find more interesting to hunt while being hunted.

If I had to fix something in close combat (gunzo) I'd say:

- friendly AI being much more stupid than enemy AI

- enemy aircraft shooting at very short distances, regardless of FOD risks.

In this screen you see a mirage finishing my crippled F-15 flying straight and level. I don't think a sane fighter pilot would fire its gun at that distance. Debris would be as much deadly as his own bullets.

mirage_gunzo.jpg

There are no difference mate (me 100% vs Mirage 50%) :( ....they are still very easy to defeat...coz they just go for angle and bleed speed to much,,,

Try adding in some failures, serious turbulance, wind, weather, etc. You don't seem to be trying to make things harder for yourself. I can't say I have an easy time in zero visibility at low altitudes, especially when I can't tell my altitude because of failures. If you're forced to restrict or change your tactics, the fight will be harder, period. Surely, you'll still find it too easy, but there appear to be options you haven't explored.

Hi guys tnks for the reply...

I just want to make myself clear guys that im not trying to say that there are really need to improve the AI in the game...I dont want to adjust myself or handicapping myself just to level the capability of AI like setting failures...My point here is clear,,,ED should take this serious issue of AI coz this simply dont make sense wherein you set the AI to excellent but it does otherwise...

I hope ED will consider this issue tnks.

im not trying to say that there are really need to improve the AI in the game...ED should take this serious issue of AI coz this simply dont make sense wherein you set the AI to excellent but it does otherwise...

If ED don't really need to improve the AI then how are they just going to 'take' this serious issue.

You can be very happy that AI behaves in predictable way. If it behaved in unpredictable AND meaningful way, than it would alive. Thank God it's not alive - yet :/

In the first LOMAC demo, i had no problem to get Mirage plumet into the sea. I just made a few fast vertical loops with AB and that was it, bye bye Mirage, harrrrr.

AI in gunzo is quit ok.Try the A-10 SAM hunt mission and order your wingman to attack ground targets. He'll fly directy above Strela and Shilka insted of knockin' them out first. Why can't he categorize targets and their priorities - first SAM's and AAA?

mt-2003-sun-corona.jpg