Navigation Video : HSI Course Deviation Indicator

Fish

Latest in the navigation series. A little longer than previous ones, and consolidates concepts introduced in previous navigation topics. All feedback welcome.

Edited by Fish
  • Like 3

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

Fish, thanks for taking the time to making these videos. Just one remark... I believe you're getting courses and radials mixed up. A radial goes out (from the station) and corresponds to the degrees on a compass rose. You fly a radial outbound or inbound. A course is what you see/set on the HSI. So, flying along the 270 radial inbound means you're flying course 090. Flying radial 180 outbound you'd fly course 180.

Like the groundschool bit... nicely done.

regards.

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

Very helpful. Thanks Fish!

As a newb... I suppose what the next step for me to explore is what distinct and particular situation would necessitate the pilot switching from TO-FROM to TO-TO (other than enabling the pilot to "create" a course to the NAV point.)

I suppose I have to watch a bit and refer back to the manual in order to absorb it further.

Really interesting video.

Many thanks,

Moosh

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 | Intel Core 2 Quad | Q8400 @ 2.66GHz | 2.67 GHz 3.37GB of RAM 60gig Samsung SSD| GTX 570

"Operation: Bull by the Horns" "Bull Run 2.0"

• 7 months later...

Thank you!

I was looking your videos several times and always I find some new aspect. Very, very helpful. If you find some time I think everyone will appreciate your work...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog :: Saitek Rudder :: Track IR5 ::

EVGA 3 GB GTX580 :: AMD FX-8120 :: SSD 240 GB :: Win7 Ultimate 64