iControl DCS v2 is available!

iControl DCS 2.0 has just been made available on the App Store.

If you're one of the 200+ people who have already indulged, I thank you for your support and hope you love the updates! I've gotten nothing but positive feedback and lots of great suggestions from everyone so far!

If you're not one of them, what are you waiting for?! :smilewink:

Information and links are available in the links in my sig, support is available through the email address on the website. Please rate on the app store and spread the word!

Enjoy, and happy flying! :pilotfly:

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

Perfect. I've been using version one with two ipads and made the switch today and couldn't be happier. Thanks again for the great APP!!!! I switched off the in game MFD's to save on some FPS since I'm exporting them to the ipads.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70931&highlight=mfd+hud+fps

Yeah, I've done the same. I was going to add an option to the display setup for it to handle that, but it didn't make it in for this release.

I can make changes to the server software whenever I want, so I'll probably add this in the next few weeks.

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

Couple questions...

I'm not sure If I'm doing something wrong but the CDU is transparent on my screen (shows the background) Is there anyway to put a black background?

Is there anyway to incorporate radio communication into this. Reaching over to my keyboard searching for the "F" keys is a pain. The CDU screen on the app seems to have some extra room or maybe an entire seperate screen. Not sure if this is possible but would be nice to just tap on the radio command you want to use. Thoughts?

Thanks

Couple questions...

I'm not sure If I'm doing something wrong but the CDU is transparent on my screen (shows the background) Is there anyway to put a black background?

Is there anyway to incorporate radio communication into this. Reaching over to my keyboard searching for the "F" keys is a pain. The CDU screen on the app seems to have some extra room or maybe an entire seperate screen. Not sure if this is possible but would be nice to just tap on the radio command you want to use. Thoughts?

Thanks

The CDU is exported as transparent. If anyone knows of a way to change that in the lua, I'll update it immediately. It works well if you have a second monitor, or use the virtual monitor like some people have had luck with. Those both have black backgrounds.

Radio/Wingman coms aren't in V2. I may look into it in future updates.

Hi

Is there a server update or just use current

Regards

Yes, there is a server update. You should be able to use the update checking in the server application to see what's changed.

How do you uninstall this app on the pc? I need to uninstall it for a bit. I tried putting the original files back but still get a transparent cdu in the upper right corner of my display. I am using one lcd at the moment. I have unchecked left/right/cud under display settings from the server and deleted all script files. It seems i have to leave the CDU_init file in place or i loose all cdu display all together.

How can i get back to orginal setup? I like the app but need to uninstall for now. I just can't figure out how to get the tiny transparent cdu to go away.

Edited by TulsA-10

" I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle."

How do you uninstall this app on the pc? I need to uninstall it for a bit. I tried putting the original files back but still get a transparent cdu in the upper right corner of my display. I am using one lcd at the moment. I have unchecked left/right/cud under display settings from the server and deleted all script files. It seems i have to leave the CDU_init file in place or i loose all cdu display all together.

How can i get back to orginal setup?

You will have to find the file manually and restore the original version. iControl DCS should make copies of all files it replaces, so you should just have to restore the oldest file in that directory.

It should be in scripts/aircraft/a-10/CDU/device or something like that. I don't have access to my sim computer at the moment so I can't check for sure.

Though, unchecking the CDU and then updating the scripts with the application should disable it as well.

I tried unchecking the cdu first and that didn't do it, then i manually restored the backups. Lastly i replace the cdu folder and export files from a new install on another pc. The original install does not have the CDU_init file so if i remove it i loose cdu all together.

Something else is somewhere is still talking to or needs some string in the CDU_init file i'm guessing. What would cause the cdu display to disappear all together if you delete the CDU_init file?

Thank you!

Edited by TulsA-10

" I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle."

I tried unchecking the cdu first and that didn't do it, then i manually restored the backups. Lastly i replace the cdu folder and export files from a new install on another pc. The original install does not have the CDU_init file so if i remove it i loose cdu all together.

Something else is somewhere is still talking to or needs some string in the CDU_init file i'm guessing. What would cause the cdu display to dissapear all together if you delete the CDU_init file?

Thank you!

Same deal here, CDU displaying in the upper right hand corner of my monitor if I am not running the MFD's through the iPad (lags a big).

I'm not at home right now and can not test these files but these are from a fresh install of A-10. Overwirght with these files and get back to me if you can.

[ATTACH]53568[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]53569[/ATTACH]

Edited by TulsA-10

Same deal here, CDU displaying in the upper right hand corner of my monitor if I am not running the MFD's through the iPad (lags a big).

I'll take a look at this tonight and see if I can figure out what's going on for you guys.

• Like 1

I'll take a look at this tonight and see if I can figure out what's going on for you guys.

Sounds great! Thank you

Well, I'll just join the crowd then ;)

Tried unchecking CDU and updating scripts too, but it still displays in the upper right corner of the main screen..

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

Well, I'll just join the crowd then ;)

Tried unchecking CDU and updating scripts too, but it still displays in the upper right corner of the main screen..

Did you try to overwright with my files above. These are from a new install but i can't test them yet. Hoping to get a Conformation! before i get home..lol

Edited by TulsA-10

Good news! I just had a quick spin with your files, and the stray CDU is gone :thumbup:

iControl didn't work anymore though, so I suppose I will just have to run the configurator to "iControlerize" the files again, this time without the CDU.

Well, I'm off to bed now, thanks for the files!

• Like 1

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

Good news! I just had a quick spin with your files, and the stray CDU is gone :thumbup:

iControl didn't work anymore though, so I suppose I will just have to run the configurator to "iControlerize" the files again, this time without the CDU.

Well, I'm off to bed now, thanks for the files!

Sweet man! I'm the hero of the day..lol I'm sure there will be a fix for this soon so we don't have to file swap. Cool i'm glad this works because i could not get the backups to work. The cdu file would of probably fixed the issue but might aswell overwright it all to be sure.

I like icontrol alot so keep up the good work just a minor mud spike during uninstall. REP inbound sir!

Edited by TulsA-10

I was able to see that it does indeed happen, but I'm not going to get enough time tonight to fix it, too much to do! I'll try to get to it soon, though.

I was able to see that it does indeed happen, but I'm not going to get enough time tonight to fix it, too much to do! I'll try to get to it soon, though.

Fix for the CDU issue just went up right now, you should be able to get it via the check for updates menu option under help.

Where is the update...? I dont see 2.01 on bit-shift.com, or apple store?

What and where do I need to update - on my ipad, or my PC?

It's a server update available on bit-shift.com

Thanks, now it works :)

A suggestion for future versions:

I'd really like a version with on 1 page just the UFC and radios, and one page with the CDU.

The reason is I have the MFCD's exported to two small 8" screens with the TM MFD's on, so all I really need is the radios, UFC and CDU.

I know you can't possibly cater to everyones needs and ideas, but hey, just thought I would throw it out there..

Oh, on another note, am I the only one who finds it extremely fiddly to get the frequency's tuned in right, using the apps touch rotarys? Maybe it's just my 10 thumbs?

Otherwise a great app :)