JoyLoc ClampMaster Gaming Brackets

hreich

Very nice but a bit pricey for my taste...only a bit less than my X52 pro.

Which is happily bolted to the desk for about $4.00;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Rediculously overpriced! You can make something very similar, and just as sturdy out of your DIY aluminium for less than half that.

I did see that review on simhq, and would have picked up a pair if they weren't that expensive. So, in consequence: decided to make my own, with these as inspiration.

I like the idea defo but agree on the price, its only a clamp.

But a niche market makes it exploitable and there are those that cant / dont have time (or money is no problem) to make these.

At least there are people focusing on sims.

Maybe between flight, 1st person and driving sims there is enough a market to put competative tension in there for consumers.

Im for it but not gonna buy it...

It should not be too hard making something like this: start out with a couple of sheets of thick (or thick-ish) aluminium and a couple of alu shelf holder. Give it a few think-overs, design sketches, several pop-rivits (spelling fail?), few hours of bending, building and swearing obviously :D

Rediculously overpriced! You can make something very similar, and just as sturdy out of your DIY aluminium for less than half that.

I did see that review on simhq, and would have picked up a pair if they weren't that expensive. So, in consequence: decided to make my own, with these as inspiration.

Hmm very good idea

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

It should not be too hard making something like this: start out with a couple of sheets of thick (or thick-ish) aluminium and a couple of alu shelf holder. Give it a few think-overs, design sketches, several pop-rivits (spelling fail?), few hours of bending, building and swearing obviously :D

Bleeding....don't forget bleeding.:smilewink:

DO WANT! A little bit pricey even here in the UK but this would definitely save me a lot of trouble. My only concern is that it mounts things a bit too low. I'm seriously considering getting a pair since I have such a high desk and it saves me having to completely design a simpit/replacement desk.

I got a pair of these recently. I'll agree that the price seemed a little high for what was essentially a clamp but it looked like what I was looking for.

They're very light weight but much stronger than I thought they were going to be. Definitely good quality.

dsc00947ce.th.jpg

dsc00955hx.th.jpg

Edited by dogmeat

The clamp itself has no give at all. It has a couple of support struts beneath it and no flexing whatsoever. I've found the entire table shakes when I'm pulling evasive maneuvers, but that's down to the fact I'm on a long table. I was going to put a 16kg weight on for the pic but my table started to creak.

One word of warning though - don't put these on a flimsy tabletop. The manual says not to clamp it to a glass table (duh), but I'd be nervous of clamping one of these to the wife's dining room table.

• 6 months later...