Trackir 5 Hight Problem

Can anybody tell me the correct hight for the trackir camera

Mines sitting on top of my flatscreen, and i think its to high, its about 3inches above the top of my head, and im struggling to look down, when in game, i can only look down as far as my flight stick

Regards

Engage

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz Overclock 4.20GHz

MSI P67A-GD65 Intel P67 (socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard

Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 PC3-16000C9 2133MHz

Corsair Hydro H70 High-Performance CPU WaterCooler

XFX:ATI Radeon 6970 2048MB GDDR5 Graphics Card ATI

Trackir 5.....Hotas Warthog

Regards

Engage:thumbup:

The ideal height (not hight :P ) is directly in line with the trackclip (or trackclip pro for that matter).
Sorry i stand corrected :)

So to get that height, i would need to place it in the centre of my flatscreen

Can i offset it to the left or right of my moinitor? will it still work ok

Regards

From the TrackIR FAQ....

Where should I place the TrackIR?

Reply : Ideally, the TrackIR should be placed on top of your monitor, horizontally level with the TrackHat. For use with Vector, its best to have the camera directly in front of the hat, not off to one side.

There is some flexibility in the height. The TrackIR can be several inches higher than your Vector Clip and still function perfectly. Just tilt the camera so it is pointing toward the Vector clip. If the TrackIR is placed more than a foot higher than the Vector Clip, you may notice a large amplification of motion in certain directions.

If the TrackIR is placed more than a foot lower than the Vector Clip, your hat's brim may obscure the dots when you look in certain directions.

The ideal distance from the Vector clip to camera is about 2 to 4 feet. This gives the camera enough room to track Vector as you move your head.

Now if you have the TrackClip Pro, you do want to move to the left or right as needed to align the clip with the TrackIR.

Here's the quick start guide that shows that...

http://media.naturalpoint.com/files/print/trackir/tcp-quickstart-201105-folded.pdf

you might consider lowering your monitor (Dimesion unkown) a bit so that the top is level'ish with your forehead. Ideally looking down to the centre of the screen, which is better for the neck and overall posture.

Then the TIR camera works better for you as well

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

you might consider lowering your monitor (Dimesion unkown) a bit so that the top is level'ish with your forehead. Ideally looking down to the centre of the screen, which is better for the neck and overall posture.

Then the TIR camera works better for you as well

Thanks for the Pdf pitbldr:thumbup:

And i could try lowering the flatscreen, but it would mean lowering the shelf its sitting on :):thumbup:

Im useing trackir5 pro clip

My monitor is a samsung full hd Xl2370 :)

Regards

if you could work out a way of doing it, it will work wonders in both areas :)

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Centered on the reflectors/ LED's

That is the main item.

Put your head in the position you intend to fly in. Adjust the camera so that it is centered on your clip (regardless of what kind of clip)

You may or may not need to move the camera.. In my case- I have to move it a bit to the right, and down. Why? because my chair mat has 5 major chair caster depressions in it from years of use- they force my chair- and me- slightly off center. I could move the mat a little- but why fight with that when I only need to move the camera slightly? Move the monitor slightly if needed, whatever.. just get the camera centered on your tracking clip.

People make this harder than it is.. just get the damn thing centered with your clip one way or another..

Edited by S77th-konkussion

you can check the reflection of the headgear in 1 of the TrackIR windows

try any setting and see if the 3 green dots are tracked

if you loose tracking, there's were you have to make adjustments

what I did:

i glued some extra patches of reflective 3M behind/ontop of the existing 3spots

(you can buy $$reflective balls on Ebay, same idea, I cut an emergency vest to pieces :))

(TrackIR 5 has the wider capture angle, I still have the 4)

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

I have a 52" flatscreen and I sit 7 feet away...no desk. My head is well below the camera and I use the proclip. I just tilted the camera down and used the camera view to align. I have no issues.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10