1.11 Patch - BVR Improvments

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AIM-120 is active radar homing missile. See #1 of the list.

It certainly does address, and thanks. But it does not address the range as far as I can tell. Time will tell though.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

GOYA:

A HoJ lock by a Russian fighter produces a lock warning. THis is a function of how RUssian HoJ works, and it is not subject to RWR limitations as compared to F-15 HoJ which is entirely passive. So anyone you lock onto, will get a lock warning. There should be no launch warning.

Dusty: What's the issue with range? The 120's kinematic range is just fine given a few things I've seen, though as I -always- say, missiles could use better physics ;)

I think you would likely see a -slightly- expanded kinematic range against aircraft which use AFM, as their maneuvers are g-limited by their loadouts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I have seen in 1.1 that if an enemy plane fires missile at you in TWS mode you get no launch warning even if it is a semi-active missile??!. To spice this up you get launch warning just before missile hits you. I understand this is the case for active missiles only. And this wasnt the case in 1.02 it is just a "feature" of 1.1.

What you guys think of that? Is this realistic or just another bug? Because in F-15 training track(1.02) it says that to launch a Sparrow you have to designate target twice to bring it to STT mode from TWS. Or is this a feature for just Russian fighters to fire semi-active missiles in TWS?

Also I wonder why you cant simeultanously attack two targets in Mig-29S with R-77. In flight manual it is stated that it can or am i missing something here?

Does patch adresses anything of that?

I have seen in 1.1 that if an enemy plane fires missile at you in TWS mode you get no launch warning even if it is a semi-active missile??!. To spice this up you get launch warning just before missile hits you. I understand this is the case for active missiles only. And this wasnt the case in 1.02 it is just a "feature" of 1.1.

What you guys think of that? Is this realistic or just another bug? Because in F-15 training track(1.02) it says that to launch a Sparrow you have to designate target twice to bring it to STT mode from TWS. Or is this a feature for just Russian fighters to fire semi-active missiles in TWS?

Also I wonder why you cant simeultanously attack two targets in Mig-29S with R-77. In flight manual it is stated that it can or am i missing something here?

Does patch adresses anything of that?

You should not be able to fire semi-active missiles from TWS mode - they need the STT lock to track.

The Russian fighters in Lomac don't HAVE a true TWS mode - they can't in fact fire anything in the TWS mode we have modelled, whether it be SARH missile or ARH missile.

The ability to have two missiles in flight from the R77-capable MiGs is somewhat of a fib . . . . the early ones, as modelled in Lomac, can only guide the missile from STT mode. The second missile can only be launched once the first has gone active . . . . so while it's not technically a lie (you can have two missiles in the air at once), it certainly doesn't tell the whole story.

This may have changed with the later, more advanced versions of the MiG29, but the -S model is only retrofitted with the capability to actually *carry* the R77 . . . . . no major changes to the radar system.

Anyway, back to your original point . . . . . there's something weird going on :p

Sure you're not being hit by a missile fired in HOJ mode?

As bgp said, there's no 'useable' TWS mode on the RUssian fighters (ie. you cannot use it to guide weapons, you need to go to STT) which means that you're being fired on HoJ (no warning) and he's burning through right before the missile hits, which is why you suddenly get the warning then.

Turn off your jammer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

right- the only thing the TWS mode provides really is an auto acquisition of the target providing your antenna is positioned to find him. It will then place him in a lock of sorts without any RWR warning on his end. Finally, at um 85% of RMAX (i think) it will become a STT lock, and you may fire. You cannot fire any semi active missile in TWS. EVen the launch overide does not work.

A HoJ lock by a Russian fighter produces a lock warning. THis is a function of how RUssian HoJ works, and it is not subject to RWR limitations as compared to F-15 HoJ which is entirely passive. So anyone you lock onto, will get a lock warning. There should be no launch warning.

That's what I thought. The list of changes needs to be editted again to reflect that.

Will F15 and MIG29 120/77 still be able to fire missiles from large distance without locking the target first? (FOV)

Maddog/Pitbull I'm sure they will be able to and that sucks. Wonder if they can do that in rl?

Is that normal that RWR on F-15C wont be able to tell the difference between Su-27/33 and Mig-29? Is that how it is in real life? Did you ask f-15 pilots about that?

Slotback 1/2 radar parameters are almost exactly the same. No fighter RWR can differentiate between the two. A great new feature IMHO.

Nope, actually, if you maddog from a large distance, or so much as lose the datalink on a long shot, you've likely just wasted that missile. This pretty much ought to put an end to 20nm split-S shots.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nope, actually, if you maddog from a large distance, or so much as lose the datalink on a long shot, you've likely just wasted that missile. This pretty much ought to put an end to 20nm split-S shots.

I hope so, personally I find that pretty lame.. well maybe Iam just a noob. :D

• Like 1

What about R-77 on Su-33

Are you thinking about R-77 availibility on Su-33? Also Su-33 in real life can carry 1x1500l fuel tank, I think that Su has great disadvantage against F-15 and MIG-29 because no active missiles makes this plane not so succesfull. SEE sometimes statistics after fight on the servers !!! :mad:

No, the Su-33 is a navalized Su-27S. The Su-27S cannot carry R77 ... later versions of Su-27 can.

Whoever's writing that the Su-33 can carry R-77's has their information wrong ;) Or maybe they saw a Su-35 with R-77's and they think it was a 33.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmm, I don't know - I always thought that this tank was for refuelling (as in you could transfer fuel to other aircraft from yours) but I could be wrong ... maybe Alfa can answer this one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you thinking about R-77 availibility on Su-33? Also Su-33 in real life can carry 1x1500l fuel tank, I think that Su has great disadvantage against F-15 and MIG-29 because no active missiles makes this plane not so succesfull. SEE sometimes statistics after fight on the servers !!! :mad:

The 33 is only at a slight disadvantage the ER and EM have a longer range then the 120 or 77's. That is because they can fire and turn away while the 27/33 have to keep a radar lock. Have you seen the F-pole video by Loc? that really works great. I have had good success against 15 and 29's while I was flying a 33.

Oh and by the way why would you want a external fuel tank? that thing carries enough fuel anyway.