Plea to ED - in next patch, disable trees shadow

hreich

Is it possible to make an option to disable only trees shadows but leave other shadow on (building, objects and planes etc..)?

ED is working on this:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1221994#post1221994

09 June 2011

Rather than a hot fix this week to just fix tree shadows, we will release a fast 1109 patch to address several additional items.

I would suggest to everyone to subscribe to this Official Updates thread. So you can be sure you are not miss a announcement.

But I have to admit that I would love to see also some more sliders to adjust the visibility like you can do it in FSX without editing the config files over and over again.

here is a practical example what issues i got after patching the 1.1.0.6 version:

I solved it after following Kukys advise :DCS A-10C - How to increase districts visibility distance

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1

That's the problem with flying those sorties. Sounds realistic. ;) Move your head so the glare is elsewhere or the sun's hiding behind a canopy rail or something.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Nate, thanks for your help but I like the HDR effect, just not the screen glare.

Makes it hard to fly late afternoon sorties.

So tell your CO, that you don't fly between certain hours.:lol:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That's the problem with flying those sorties. Sounds realistic. ;) Move your head so the glare is elsewhere or the sun's hiding behind a canopy rail or something.

key binding for sunglasses?:music_whistling:

Action After Contemplation

+1 for DCS "RayBan Aviators" option : P

Pilots already have shaded visors, we just need to be able to put it down. Also look at my avatar ;)

f16-pilot-0003.jpg

Edited by Cali

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Pilots already have shaded visors, we just need to be able to put it down. Also look at my avatar ;)

I was thinking exactly that last night. Flying at 2000 hours is a killer when you come around to the west.:thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: