UMC v2 Aces II seat kit

Flim

Working on a Run of 5 kits, 1 spot open... please PM if you want in this round.

content___media_external_images_media_57.jpg

content___media_external_images_media_59.jpg

content___media_external_images_media_58.jpg

UMC V2 is a kit based on the Aces II ejection seat and the steel mounts for placement if your Warthog/Hotas controls stick. The Mounts are fully adjustable and are fabricated from .065 steel. The plates are water jet cut and have warthog mounting holes for direct bolt on placement.

The seat kit is un-built and not painted. You will be required to build and buy hardware to complete the seat. The stick mounts are welded and ready for powder coating. I was having the parts powder coated , but the business I used was hit by a tornado. So the steel parts will come with no coating, but a person can find cheap powder coating services locally.

Included in Base Kit:

• ACES SEAT KIT with Molded Seat Back
  • Steel Mounts- 2 main side mounts, Throttle Mount, Stick Mount( center or side )Note: need to know your stick setup so I can build the correct mount.

BASE PRICE IS: $549

Custom High Quality Aces Seat Cushions- built from high grade marine water proof material, and designed for long flights in your pit.

$179

Extra's: Mouse mount, Keyboard mount, and Aft Ergotron mounts for a 3 touchscreen setup.

Please PM for more information.

FLIM

Edited by Flim

Officially confirming myself as your customer. I will continue contacting you via PMs. :)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks FLIM, homepit is ready. Really appreciate it.

Photos of my homepit here: https://picasaweb.google.com/shamandgg/FlightsimCornerStage1?authkey=Gv1sRgCNuDmseJ4IGNZw#5664933056499040482

300487_2515761891451_1175315037_33002740_1367715143_n.jpg

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444

Hey keep an eye on ebay for a parachute container.. Your seat looks good.

Thanks man. I have lost some paintjob because of these stickers, and also while trying to get map glued above my head.. Stickers from cockpits.nl that FLIM suplies are very nicely made, but once you glue them on, if you try to move them, it will rip your paint, arrr. I had to reapply the yellow caution one on same place with extra glue in between.

Concerning these parachute containers on US Ebay... Aren't they export-controlled? I am from Poland, I do not think I will be able to purchase decommissioned part of military aircraft and have it shipped here, even if it was scrapped. Unless these are not banned from export. I was already trying to look for it in other countries who fly F-16s, and I know who to ask, and they said - no. I guess best thing to do is to find a replica or old scrapped one somewhere near :<

tail# 44 or 444

Quick questions seeing as your marketing this towards A-10 folk and have the ejection handles on the sides, you ever going to change the seat back angle to 15 degrees like it should be?

K

You should not be concerned by this, since seat back angle is not locked by UMCv2 design (whether you choose A-10 parts or F-16 parts), UMCv2 backrest angle is fully customizable by user, even after assembly. I have tried myself 15deg and it would make sense, if I had to stick my head out and look to the sides of RL cockpit and peek down on the ground below. However angling it totally to the back gives better ergonomy for my back and arms. You will try both settings yourself and decide what suits your ergonomy.

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444

I have this seat and working on making the handles function along with the arm switch.

Please PM me what is your solution. I have been trying to come up with someone but I do not have a degree in engineering. Have you selected what parts you need to purchase, some micro-switches maybe? How will it work?

tail# 44 or 444

It's tempting but I better not. Wondering though, are the ejection handles linked to the computer so you could pull the handles for the ejection in game.

That is the plan, and already doing guess-work how to accomplish this. I do not want handles to move, but rather have microswitches or pressure switches inside loops, so if you grab any of them, you will send DirectX-button signal via USB controller. I suppose need help from some uber-Geeks around here to choose the right parts.

tail# 44 or 444

I may use strong magnets to hold the handles and arm switch down, then use magnetic switches for the circuits. Important still building the seat so it won't be long until i get to work on the electronics.

" I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle."

• 2 weeks later...

Will you be making another kit around this may, june, or july? I live in Virginia what would the total cost of this be? Would there be some sort of instructions on assembly? Please let me know i'm very interested in getting one of these this coming summer. This winter i'm building a new pit from aluminum and plexiglass. This will be the final touch it will need.

WIN10-64 HOME Ryzen9 3900x 4.0GHZ, 32GB DDR4, RX6800xt, 1TSSD  Reverb G2, F-14 Simpit (WIP)

Virpil Collective 60 head, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals, TM MFDs, 5 Leo Bodnar boards.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...