iWarthog iPhone/iPod touch free app available for download now on iTunes app store

Sickdog

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay tuned for that. Working on that for DCS CoPilot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Creator of:

F-18C VFA-195 "Dambusters" 1998 CAG Livery

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=213788

F-18C VFA-195 "Dambusters" July 2001 CAG Livery

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215950

Pilot avatars for DCS Logbook

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221160

How to make a DCS A-10C Panel

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=65998

• 2 weeks later...
Great app, it's been very useful at different times!

Thanks for more of the nice comments gents, I promise to be back with some good updates in the near future. Just busy as heck! I've learned a lot of cool stuff in this iOS programming adventure, and I think I'll be able to make some slick updates in time. Also, I'll look into making this an android app too, I think there's a way to convert it but it may cost $$$$!

Thanks again guys, see ya online in my shiny new BS2 chopper! ;)

TM Warthog, Oculus Rift, Win10...

Thanks a lot, that mission card editor is a godsend! No I don't have to bother ED to make a print function for the mission planner... :D

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

• 3 weeks later...

This is truly awsome! Its just a shame i have just bought an ipod touch. Rather would have had a pad for this app!

I7-4790K with Corsair H110 / Asus Maximus VII HERO / 2 x 8 GB Corsair Platinum 2400 / Asus GTX980ti / OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB for OS / Corsair ax760i / Corsair Carbide 540 / Samsung EVO 500GB for games

/ CM 690 / Track IR5 / Logitech Extreme 3D / Saitek Proflight yoke, rudder & two USB throttle quadrants / Saitek X55 /

VRinsight TT planel / Thrustmaster T500RS / Samsung SM P2770HD / 1000 cables.....

I haven´t through all the 151 pages as I noticed at page 5 or 5 that Android seems not to be supported back this time.

Did that changed already? Is there now an Android version available?

nontheless thanks for the work...and regarding to your statement about Iphone and so on and who doesn´t have it...well I think that apple has it´s most customers in the US. I personally dont like Apple and it´s products.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I haven´t through all the 151 pages as I noticed at page 5 or 5 that Android seems not to be supported back this time.

Did that changed already? Is there now an Android version available?

nontheless thanks for the work...and regarding to your statement about Iphone and so on and who doesn´t have it...well I think that apple has it´s most customers in the US. I personally dont like Apple and it´s products.

No, I haven't done anything to have this programmed for android yet. I have nothing against android at all, and don't recall making any comments as such, but I do happen to only have an iPhone and iPad, hence why I programmed for those devices. If it were a simple button I could press to have it magically programmed for android, I would! But I'm a very novice programmer, having self taught myself, and have no idea how to port it over cheaply. I recently saw a software package that I could purchase for $200 (I think) to port it over to android, but I'm not about to drop that sort of money for an App that I've spent countless hours of work on and offer for free to the community!

Edited by Sickdog

just dowloaded the Ipad version...

Wow, just wow !:pilotfly:

This will make the game even more enjoyable and will make me go further for sure.

Thanks

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.

No, I haven't done anything to have this programmed for android yet. I have nothing against android at all, and don't recall making any comments as such, but I do happen to only have an iPhone and iPad, hence why I programmed for those devices. If it were a simple button I could press to have it magically programmed for android, I would! But I'm a very novice programmer, having self taught myself, and have no idea how to port it over cheaply. I recently saw a software package that I could purchase for $200 (I think) to port it over to android, but I'm not about to drop that sort of money for an App that I've spent countless hours of work on and offer for free to the community!

thx for reply. No offense on this. I totally understand your point. Although its too bad, I`d gladly would like to take a look on this.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

As for Android: check out "DCS MANAGER" in the market. https://market.android.com/details?id=fr.yeepeekai.dcs.manager&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImZyLnllZXBlZWthaS5kY3MubWFuYWdlciJd

It's not that sophisticated as the iBrother, I must admit, but it gives you the basic information you need when in flight, i.e. checklists, emergency procedures and airport data information with very nice and usable airport charts.

I'd like to see an Android version with fuel calculator (time, distance MTOW, MLW, WDC, calculated rotation speed etc) and NavAids. If there is an Android geek around pls give me a call, I am a real life pilot and could provide all the data necessary.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

Thank you, this is really somethings I was looking for.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Great app, used it a lot to get weapons info while I dont have much to do.

Noticed there is no oxy on + test and radio to TR(+ask for engine startup) in the checklists. Would be great to have those too so I wont black out again.

Also a guide to know which weapons I need to use for my specific target would be sweet. I tend to drop the wrong kind of CBU's alot.

Update; an editable checklist would be a good solution.

Edited by degoe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can develop iBlachshark? an application for DCS Black Shark 2. I and other virtual pilots ka50, we greatly appreciate.

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

You can develop iBlachshark? an application for DCS Black Shark 2. I and other virtual pilots ka50, we greatly appreciate.

That would mean I finally have to really learn how to use the ABRIS and all the other systems so I'd know what would be useful in an App! ;) Yes, that was a thought I had awhile back, perhaps another app for BS... I'd be open to suggestions to what the community would want to see in it, I just don't have as much experience in BS as I do in A-10 right now.

Unfortunately, it would probably take a little time before I can get to it since I'm really busy right now with work, developing another app, and I still have lots of things I want to do with the iWarthog to improve/enhance it. But I haven't forgotten about you guys and certainly would like to contribute to the BS community as well!

Thank you so much for that useful app.

There is on "but": maybe most of us are using different checklists.

I think you have the checklist data in a plist file which you read at startup?

What's about the following suggestion?

With IOS 5 (or 4) we may copy files via iTunes to the app. What do you think about reading this checklist.plist file, if it exists (was copied to the app)? Otherwise you read your default checklist data as you do now by default.

This would be an immense improvement of usability for you app!

If I may help you give me some PM - I did some small iPhone projects also but I'm not the IOS guru. (And I have no commercial interests in this topic, don't worry. I'm just looking for interesting projects to improve my knowledge).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog :: Saitek Rudder :: Track IR5 ::

EVGA 3 GB GTX580 :: AMD FX-8120 :: SSD 240 GB :: Win7 Ultimate 64

• 3 weeks later...

Sickdog,

Seeing as you don't have the time to make improvements and you aren't selling this, ever thought of just posting the source code on something like GitHub and letting others who have the time improve it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Creator of:

F-18C VFA-195 "Dambusters" 1998 CAG Livery

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=213788

F-18C VFA-195 "Dambusters" July 2001 CAG Livery

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215950

Pilot avatars for DCS Logbook

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221160

How to make a DCS A-10C Panel

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=65998

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Seriously awesome app, thanks so much for making this, really appreciate your work on it. I'll be donating asap.

Edit: Suggestion (but from the looks of it others have suggested as well- an expanded RWR section would be sweet, maybe something similar to the RWR Threats PDF from the DCS User files?)

Another cool thing to add to the app would be Operational Brevity Words and Terminology, recently found these sources and they really helped me out, might be nice to have em handy in the app:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brevity_code

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/usaf/docs/mcm3-1-a1.htm

Edited by Serenity Now
added suggestion