Hey ED! Your Momma!

Well, maybe that got their attention...so how's about coming down from thine lofty tower and explain to us mere peasants what the hell the deal is with Lock On: Gold!!!

I find it unfathomable how a company can ignore their customers like this. I want to support ED, I also want to go walk into my local store and buy LO:Gold. Are these desires in conflict? Is ED involved in the Evolved games release?

If they are you would think they would want to advertise that their game is on store shelves...If they are not you would think they would want to denounce the product. I wonder if maybe they broke the agreement with Ubi by putting out FC on their own, and that is why they can say nothing about this latest release, it would be like the pot calling the kettle black.

I hope ED can learn from Lead Pursuit how to conduct a product launch, and then maintain active communication with its customers. LP have been all over the forums answering concerns and giving out info. The paying customers (and it appears alot more than bought FC) who bought F4:AF are being shown how an organization that cares about its customer base can operate. ED could learn alot from the example.

so it's no wonder ED has 20 people at a time on its forums, while other sites have over 100, it's no wonder there are threads asking if LO is dead. Between competing product releases, and your poor customer service, it should not be a big surprise if your customer base is reduced to only those guys who are still making missions, skins, movies, etc with your sim. People who just want to PLAY can obviously get more elsewhere.

Cheers Mates, not sure if this will get me banned, nor do I care. :icon_jook

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Since when are we entitled to the inner business workings of ED? BTW if I had known LP version of Falcon was what it was I would have saved my purchase. Under your reasoning ED can release Lomac 1.0 in ten years then sit back and answer questions...yes it is that simple. The falcon code is barely LP's. All you want to do is stir shit.

All I want is for ED to make a public statement one way or the other...either Gold is 1.1, and is fully supported by them, or Gold is theft, and not supported by them in any way (no future patches etc..). Any company with their product on the shelf, no matter what anyone thinks about said product, can at least acknowledge its existence.

And the only people ALLOWING sh!^ to be stirred up are ED themselves. Silence breeds contempt.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well I just saw the post from Han..seems ED does support this version and apparently has since the beginning. Sad, if they had come out and said "we need cash, please buy the download version or the NP version to help us make more money" the community would have said "OK!" instead they decide to take advantage of a situation and gouge their most loyal fans....very sad...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd call that a conspiracy theory.

Let's just say there was a lot more misunderstanding happening than is obvious.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

What has always gotten me about Falcon folks and the claim about it "not being about graphics" is that most of the mods in the past have centerd on this. The biggest and highly sought mods in the past were hi resolution terrians, pits, weather, models etc. I enjoy both, but I do not enjoy F4 multiplayer. I have not experienced the "smooth as glass" experience folks tout. Don't get me wrong Falcon is great but once the honeymoon is over you will see many more complaints and issues. LP is a new business so they have much to prove.

Colt40Five, no offense but I just don't understand the post. Is it because you want ED to be righted if they were wrong or what? Every twist to this point is speculation, I purchased the 1.1 download months ago. Do I feel like I had the wool pulled over my eyes...no. I have had a good time with the new stuff.. If there is any one to lynch it is UBI soft.

I don't think I had the wool pulled over my eyes, read my post again. I was flying in the new stuff months before this Gold version came out. Now that folks know the differnce they can make the choice of which to purchase. Communication breakdown is always the same :) .

I've been on both sides of the fence with Falcon. I was a beta tester for both Super Pak and OIR. SP was more concern with realism and stability and OIR had the best thing that came to Falcon and that was the authorized BMS code. Problem was with OIR it was not stable with the flyable A-10. Just could not make a fly-by-wire sim react like a A-10 should. That's the beauty of Lock-on. All these planes and they all behave appropriately. It was smart that Lead Pursuit just stayed with the viper not try to make the sim fly any plane. OIR would have been great if they would have done the same as LP and the graphics would have been better. Which would have been better, the LP or OIR version? In my opinion the LP is better because of the excellent code work. I do miss the cloulds, weather, etc. of BMS, but maybe in time it will come.

I do miss the cloulds, weather, etc. of BMS, but maybe in time it will come.

On the other hand ED have announced their intention to write a dynamic campaign, add an F16, bring in more advanced avionics, and use the AFM to the max . . . . . . in maybe, "in time" we'll see that as well.

Shrug - you pays your money and you takes your choice.

What has always gotten me about Falcon folks and the claim about it "not being about graphics" is that most of the mods in the past have centerd on this.

WHAT UTTER RUBBISH!

I'm speechless ... SP and FF were so much more than graphical improvements, the reason both of them started in the first place was to fix bugs and to make data edits to vastly improve realism.

I also said the most sought mods. How about the dds support, missle effects, fly any plane etc. So I guess much of what was added in the past only centerd on bug issues and realism features? Install the orginal falcon and add only the data edits. Forget the newer models, skins, textures , effects etc. Will you still play it? Maybe you will I dont know nor do I care, and I certainly dont want to make this into a F4 vs Lomac nor do I think it is all about graphics. However, seeing the lomac bashing all the time gets old. What is the saying, "sinners are the first to cast stones at saints" Falcon is certainly full of much much more drama!

All I intended with this post was to get some TRUTH out of ED. How this became about falcon's graphics I don't know....

Anyone who asked months ago if Gold was 1.1 and was told it wasn't straight from the horse's mouth (or as close as you apparently can get to ED's mouth) and then bought FC from NP or DL should feel suckered because they were.

And another post I read is right, ED is screwed either way. If they keep their mouths as shut as ever, alot of people are going to write them off, if they admit the hoodwinked their fans for some extra $$$...well they probably can't imagine that's good for them either.

And I will definitely agree that most everything in this post is conjecture...but in absence of TRUTH that's all there is.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And, if there was a #(*&$(#*& up and someone slapped 1.1 where it shouldn't be and ED HAD to make an agreement, they'd have to keep quiet to avoid fingerpointing, which is bad news in business.

How about you quit 'conjecturing' now and enjoy the game?

[hollywood voice]

You want the truth?

You can't handle the truth!

[/hollywood voice]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

lol! yeah i see it now....."excuse us, but we accidently shipped LO with an extra disc which just happens to contain all your most recent improvements. unfortunately we must now force you into an agreement with us"

now that's fantasy!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

lol! yeah i see it now....."excuse us, but we accidently shipped LO with an extra disc which just happens to contain all your most recent improvements. unfortunately we must now force you into an agreement with us"

now that's fantasy!

You are pushing it "Colt40five" :mad:

- JJ.

JJ

Colt you brought in the Falcon and LP comparison. I went on the tangent because you made it seem as cut and dry as LP approach equals thumbs up. I only wanted to point out that there is more mud and drama in that release than with this.

• ED Team

Here's the deal: you made your point that you wish to know if Eagle agreed to the inclusion of 1.1 in Lock On Gold. Fair enough.. To continue to troll the point and make rude unsubstantiated accusations about Eagle before getting the facts is out of line and not productive. Consider this your first warning. Give Eagle the benefit of the doubt before slandering them.

-Admin Wags

now that's fantasy!

Why is he pushing it. It sound to me that he pinning the tail on ED's donkey. If he gets banned over that statement then it just shows you are silencing someone looking for the truth. If thats the case, then screw this place. :icon_frow

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset