Triple-Buffering in LockOn (ATi cards only!)

"triple buffering exist since the begenning of catalyst drivers and is only available in open gl so i don't see what type of improvement you will get with a directx8 engine"

----------------------------

well, if you look carefully at the link i provided, this is forcing triple buffering in direct3d via ATi Tray Tools.....i know opengl has had the option for a while now and direct3d doesn't, but like i said i'm still in the stages of testing this and there may not be any benefits at all like u say........

triple buffering exist since the begenning of catalyst drivers and is only available in open gl

hi,

sorry but i think it's not completely true, infact if you use same softwares (for example ati tray tool) you can create a D3D profile and force to use triple-buffering.

"What kind of benefict do you expect?? in fps or in quality?"

-----------------------

well, from what i've witnessed so far, the overall feel of the sim with v-sync/triple-buffer enabled seems enhanced.......the main thing i've noticed is not a gain in FPS but a more steady FPS.......gotta try it out some more......BTW i wouldn't mind if some of you guys could try it out also and give some feedback if poss

"What kind of benefict do you expect?? in fps or in quality?"

-----------------------

well, from what i've witnessed so far, the overall feel of the sim with v-sync/triple-buffer enabled seems enhanced.......the main thing i've noticed is not a gain in FPS but a more steady FPS.......gotta try it out some more......BTW i wouldn't mind if some of you guys could try it out also and give some feedback if poss

I'll have to try this out, by the way where have you been?