Patch 1.1.0.8 for DCS is OUT!

Nightmare

Guys, please post tech support issues on the Tech Support forums so we can help check them out, and look for other people's problems similar to yours that might have an answer already.

I'm sure with the multitude of different systems, drivers, etc there are bound to be problems somewhere.

One thing to remember now is that the jet starts up in HARS mode so you need to switch to EGI after full INS alignment for EAC to arm. My inbox has gone crazy this morning with this one.

Also, your FPM/TVV will be missing from your HUD while in HARS Mode. You need to switch to EGI Mode to get that to display on the HUD.

Any other questions, fire away and we'll try to answer them as we can.

Cheers,

Ells.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you run Warthog in 32bit Windows - that's normal. In 32bit Windows it won't allow to set high settings from now.

Do you mean High Textures, or also that cockpit shadows and HDR won't work for X32 bit?

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

*cough*...I think I am feeling *cough*...sick...*cough*...might have to leave work...*cough* *cough*...early today. :smilewink:

Intel Core I7 2600K, DP67BG Motherboard, 12GB Ram, MSI GTX460, Saitek PRO Flight X-65F, Dual 1080P Monitors

Flight Sims:

* DCS: A-10C Warthog

* DCS: Ka-50 Blackshark

* Lock On Platinum

* Rise of Flight

* Enemy Engaged - RAH66 Comanche Vs KA-52 Hokum

Guys, please post tech support issues on the Tech Support forums so we can help check them out, and look for other people's problems similar to yours that might have an answer already.

I was going to open a thread there, but if the new features are not sported for X32 systems, there is no point to it..

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Download patch and try patching. Most likely it will be necessary to tweak uninstaller registry record to set the path to installation so the patch installer knows where to install. See mine in the attachment.

If you don't want to play with Windows registry just download full distributive from our servers and install it. It even shouldn't ask for activation (in version 1.1.0.7) since protection scheme is exactly the same.

EDIT: We won't provide tech support for patching Steam version with our installer since it isn't supposed to work. So if my registry entry won't help, I have nothing to suggest.

So in theory I could d/l the "real" version of the game and use the product key from Steam and just ditch the Steam version altogether? That sounds like a plan to me. I bought it via Steam because I thought it would interface with Steamworks, but since it doesn't I'd rather just have the un-Steamed version installed instead.

• ED Team
When is 1.1.0.8 installer planned? Thanks.

Tomorrow.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

This sim turned out to be a real love affair. Thank you ED Team for my dreams come true

Phenom II X4 BE@4GHz, 8GB Ram DDR3 9clock, Intel 320 SSD, MSI Twinfrozr GTX560Ti, Win7 64, TrackIR5, Hotas Cougar, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

Textures High, Scenes Medium, Civ Traffic Low, Water Medium, Visib Range High, Heat Blur On, Shadows High, Res 1680x1050, Res of Cockpit Displays 256, MSAA 8xQ, HDR Warm, Clutter/Bushes 31m, Trees 5520m, Cockpit Shadows On, TSSAA Off, Mirrors Off

One thing to remember now is that the jet starts up in HARS mode so you need to switch to EGI after full INS alignment for EAC to arm. My inbox has gone crazy this morning with this one.

Also, your FPM/TVV will be missing from your HUD while in HARS Mode. You need to switch to EGI Mode to get that to display on the HUD.

Thankyou I was a bit puzzled by this myself.:doh:

P.S. Patch is great, cockpit shadows are so atmospheric, tuning to Vaziani ILS much easier.

*cough*...I think I am feeling *cough*...sick...*cough*...might have to leave work...*cough* *cough*...early today. :smilewink:

I've been thinking that same thing for 2 weeks.

My Specs. below

ASUS TUF Z390 Pro Gaming

I5 9600K@4.5 Ghz.

32 Gb. G. Skill Rip Jaw V DDR4 @ 3200

MSI Gaming 1070 TI

Samsung 970 EVO+ NVME Pcie 500GB

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

OCZ 120GB vertex 2 SSD

Win10 64 Pro

TM Warthog

TM Cougar

Samsuny Odyssey +

CH Pro Pedals

ASUS 32" 2560X1440 Main

Samsung 23" LED/LCD 1920X1080

Corsair TX 850W

Corsair H100i GTX

HAF 932

Tomorrow.

Chizh, do you know if there will be similar oddities between the patch and the full release version installer of 1.1.0.8 as we saw with 1.1.0.7? I remember many people complained about some odd behavior, slower framerates/loading times etc. after using a patched version last time, and the full installer seemed to fix it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How To Fix Your X-52's Rudder!

So in theory I could d/l the "real" version of the game and use the product key from Steam and just ditch the Steam version altogether?
Yes. Serial numbers are the same in all versions except Russian.
929d768ca6a69127d1f9c61ea94c02e8.gif [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] =653=Tez

Now, I have problem with blurred panels, and I do not see that cockpit shadows (I turn them on in options), but, fps is much higher, and whole sim is much smoother, so it's good for me, jut to deal problem with that blurred panel

Put your shadow to high, if it's low they don't show up, i have first same problem, no FPS hit at all for me

i cannot get EAC to on, i wait for align, please help noob.

Check that EGI is selected on the Navigation Mode Selection Panel. You likely have HARS selected. Once EGI is selected, you will be able to activate EAC as long as EGI is fully aligned (flashing NAV READY on the CDU).

i cannot get EAC to on, i wait for align, please help noob.

Don't arm EAC until just before you are ready to taxi out (last step before asking ATC)

That should give enough time for everything to align.

So follow normal startup procedure until...

Right MFCD press NAV OSB (left MFCD TAD display will load your map and a star will appear next to NAV)

Set Steerpoint switch to Flight Plan (waypoints appear on TAD map display)

Press EGI button (in front of stick)

Carry on with start-up checklist until ready to taxi out

EAC switch to ARM (EAC caution light will go out)

If your GCAS warning light is on, check your RDR ALT switch is set to NRM

Let me know if you still have issues and I'll do a quick video

So in theory I could d/l the "real" version of the game and use the product key from Steam and just ditch the Steam version altogether? That sounds like a plan to me. I bought it via Steam because I thought it would interface with Steamworks, but since it doesn't I'd rather just have the un-Steamed version installed instead.

Yeah, but you still need to buy (pay) for the game even if you download it from ED directly in order for the game to start downloading. So you end up paying for 2 games. :doh:

Chassis: Cooler Master HAF X | Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution B3 | CPU: i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz | CPU-cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | RAM-memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2x4GB) PC3-14900 1866MHz | GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6990 4GB OC | PSU: Corsair AX 1200W 80+ GOLD | HDD: OCZ SSD Vertex3 120GB MAX IOPS + Western Digital 1TB | Others: Windows 7 (64-bit), Fan-control Scythe Kaze Master, Saitek X52, Razer Mamba, TrackIR 5, 3DMark 11: Score 10101

Copy that Asparagin.

I'm currently updating my 32bit system after a serious Windows crash :( so can try a few things on that when it's back up.

Good luck with that.

Anyway found a way to get the cockpit-shadows and HDR to x32:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=74725

Spoiler