Patch 1.1.0.8 for DCS is OUT!

Nightmare

We are working on it. I'm expecting it will be available next week.

WTH ! are you kidding me? NEXT WEEK...

Wow this is a huge letdown and im very disappointed ED :cry:

Flanker, Flanker 2.0, Flanker 2.5, Lockon, FC1, FC2,FC3, BS1, BS2, A10C, CA and World

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That should be clear to you, it's normal when buying it over steam, that's something ED can't change...

BTW the Cockpit shadows are really nice! Love them

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Hmm, 2 problems:

Cockpit shadows options is grayed out for me

HDR: I can only choose "Off"

Is it something known? (asking before I will try to do the reinstall)

Cockpit shadows are ok for me

HDR when turned off gives just sound and full green screen, as I reported in the tech forum.

Distance of terrain is still blurry in the distance, can't even pick out targets or runway until close. The effect is like being at the hub of a wheel and when it gets to the tire, everything blurs, 360 degree's around.

Tried various drivers etc and setting in the Ati control panel, installed DX2010 again, I thought that the terrain distance had been altered in 1.08 patch.

All setting tried here so no good for me, ruins probably the greatest sim.

Odd thing is that Blackshark terrain is fine, only this one giving the problem.

ATI Radeon HD 5850 1GB Series, Latest driver 11.5

Processor Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E8600 3.33GHz

8gb ram

Windows 7 64bit

Anthony

Consider the fact that Steam adds a middleman to patch deployment. Download customers on digitalcombatsimulator.com trade directly with Eagle Dynamics, and ED has complete control over that platform. Steam is Valve's yard and things has to go through channels.

Even so it doesnt take half a week to get the patch deployed on steam unless your comms with them are scrambled. And hey i dont see an EA6 Prowler anywhere here....

• Like 1

Flanker, Flanker 2.0, Flanker 2.5, Lockon, FC1, FC2,FC3, BS1, BS2, A10C, CA and World

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That should be clear to you, it's normal when buying it over steam, that's something ED can't change...

BTW the Cockpit shadows are really nice! Love them

Yes. Steam procedures... But I read somewhere (Kuky's post IIRC) that you can turn off automatic updates and patch Steam version manually. Don't ask me how - as I said I've heard it from someone else.

Nice patch is out, thanks ED, that's my clue to get back into the virtual pit. I want to do a reinstall this time. Can someone please tell me how to save and transfer my X52 and pedal mappings to the new install ?

"There are only 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

is there anyway we steam users can manually patch? next week is a long time lol
Download patch and try patching. Most likely it will be necessary to tweak uninstaller registry record to set the path to installation so the patch installer knows where to install. See mine in the attachment.

If you don't want to play with Windows registry just download full distributive from our servers and install it. It even shouldn't ask for activation (in version 1.1.0.7) since protection scheme is exactly the same.

EDIT: We won't provide tech support for patching Steam version with our installer since it isn't supposed to work. So if my registry entry won't help, I have nothing to suggest.

WH_uninstall.zip

Edited by Tez
929d768ca6a69127d1f9c61ea94c02e8.gif [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] =653=Tez

Hmm, 2 problems:

Cockpit shadows options is grayed out for me

HDR: I can only choose "Off"

Is it something known? (asking before I will try to do the reinstall)

If you run Warthog in 32bit Windows - that's normal. In 32bit Windows it won't allow to set high settings from now.
Edited by Tez
the cause is Windows, not Warthog

Not all is great.

With the previous patch I had no problems at all. Very fast loading times always, no ctd, nothing bad really. Highest settings and very smooth framerate at any time.

Now it's unplayable. It takes 10-20 seconds to start the application. Any single click in the ME requires you to wait for 10-15 seconds for response. Loading of missions take a couple of minutes now. Even at lowest settings there's massive stuttering and not all textures appear to be rendered. Average 5 fps at best.

I reinstalled everything according the list on the download page and it is the exact same still so that's not it.

Funny how my experience of this patch seems to differ quite a lot from everyone else. :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=52036&stc=1&d=1307023352

attachment.php?attachmentid=52037&stc=1&d=1307023352

attachment.php?attachmentid=52038&stc=1&d=1307023352

1108_1.thumb.jpg.dd20fb9537dc1e7a2ee7b71a16cd30ec.jpg

1108_2.thumb.jpg.3b6c4b721f4aef33e727c70b225974df.jpg

1108_3.thumb.jpg.4e3e4381f317eb517c038b040ca9f58b.jpg

Edited by eurofor

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank ED, torrent on!

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

Cockpit shadows are ok for me

HDR when turned off gives just sound and full green screen, as I reported in the tech forum.

Distance of terrain is still blurry in the distance, can't even pick out targets or runway until close. The effect is like being at the hub of a wheel and when it gets to the tire, everything blurs, 360 degree's around.

Tried various drivers etc and setting in the Ati control panel, installed DX2010 again, I thought that the terrain distance had been altered in 1.08 patch.

All setting tried here so no good for me, ruins probably the greatest sim.

Odd thing is that Blackshark terrain is fine, only this one giving the problem.

ATI Radeon HD 5850 1GB Series, Latest driver 11.5

Processor Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E8600 3.33GHz

8gb ram

Windows 7 64bit

Anthony

I got this green screen problem before patch, check your CCC settings to default, helped me

Kankkis

Edited by Kankkis

Then dont buy through Steam...I never would. ;)

You cant hold ED responsible for delays with a 3d party distributor.

Edited by Mower

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

If you run 32bit version - that's normal. 32bit version won't allow to set high settings from now.

Is that 'from now on,' as in, 32-bit will never allow High settings, or 'for now,' as in, being worked on?

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Is it normal to ask me for activation key after I installed the patch? I do not want to spend one more key for this!
Please proceed with activation. One activation was added to each Warthog serial number (now there are 11 activations total).

It's because of a new StarForce version.

Is that 'from now on,' as in, 32-bit will never allow High settings, or 'for now,' as in, being worked on?
Currently Warthog doesn't see light in the end of 32bit tunnel.

But if you leave high settings alone as it's advised, 32bit Warthog should be almost as reliable as the 64bit one.

EDIT: Good wording. A tunnel. In contrary, 64bit is like the whole atmosphere.

We are the first people who wants to make 32bit Warthog working. But the beast is just too big for a narrow tunnel.

Edited by Tez

Just installed after 3 hours downloading, everything running smoothly. For me its seems im getting better framerates. Are the runway textures new, if so they look great. Cockpit shadows look a little soft. Whats the best HDR setting, ive set it at soft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]AMD x4 B55 @3.6 Ghz/ 4GB ddr2 1066/ ATi 6870 /Saitek X45/Dell 2209wa

ED have alot of guts releasing the patch an hour AFTER i got to work and didn't bring my laptop so i could rdp home to the pc that was NOT on, so it wouldn't work anyway....;)

Yes i'm done ranting (i get off work in 10 min ;))

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]