LOMAC community Bored or just Dead?

The world (of lock on) is what you make of it.

There is lots to do there. I like it better than topgun for the original nintendo which is the only other flight sim i played seriously.

I just wish the campaigns were better.

is this ok?

Thomas,

Wel said.

LOMAC does it for me. It depends what works for you. I love doing high spped tactical formation flying over LOMAC's excellent terrain. There is no other sim that gives this level of intensity in this enviorment period. Tyhe new AFM gives an unmatched simulation of flight, which for me I find intoxicating.

I respect others feel differently but rubishing LOMAC with quick one liners is nonsense.

May ED live long and happy.

• Like 1

9sqcrest.jpg

90 years of Excellence

There is no other sim that gives this level of intensity in this enviorment period. Tyhe new AFM gives an unmatched simulation of flight, which for me I find intoxicating.

Again, unless you've actually flown a multi-million dollar fighter/attack jet AND done NOE flying with it, no one is actually in a solid position to say that one sim has a better "feel" or "intensity" or "simulation" of flight than another.

Just pointing that out ;)

IMO, if ED just worked on polishing up the F-15C (mostly its under-ranged CAC modes and spend some more time on TWS), expanding the AI and implementing some sort of dynamic or semi-dynamic campaign engine, LOMAC would be hands down the best at what it does/tries to accomplish (which is not the same goal as F4, btw).

sigzk5.jpg

Physics close to reality /

clickable cockpit

VERY cool collection of planes (i grew up on western planes, yawn) /

the ultimate fanboy fighter (and probably the most overated modern fighter, lol @ lawn darts)

Heres the big thing for me... The russian birds are simple as hell. Simple = easier to model. With more data being avaible in the public domain. Thus a more 'realistic' simming experinece. Falcon will never approach the realisim of Lomac for this VERY simple reason.

edit: who really cares about the F-15c? The primary market is certainly of this opinion. Go play one of the countless *games* based on western aircraft.

Well said Tranquil.....

Allthough I would like to see the F-18 with a real naval campaign, I've been flying the Russian birds since Flanker and really like the simplicity of the radar as well as the more detailed visuals of the MFD ....

I feel that this is a far superior to the western set ups....

But then the western aircraft excell in other respects like for example there FM seems to be more stable for one thing....

I'm still captivated by Lock on but I've recently began flying Strike Fighters (or should I say Wings Over Vietnam) again just for fun...

There's now an addon thats been developed by that community that allows you to actually fly the Migs from the Vietnam area, like the Fishbed among others and for an intermediate flight sim this is a real blast to fly....

And I've even gone back to the Flying the original IL2...

This is also a lot of fun to fly on my new system along with My Cougar and Simped rudder pedals.......

For me one of the draw backs of Lock on is the AI, this is something that I find a little more difficult then it really should be, I mean like when you begin

to engage the enemy for one example it seems like your the only target out there, at least thats the way it seems to me ....

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Again, unless you've actually flown a multi-million dollar fighter/attack jet AND done NOE flying with it, no one is actually in a solid position to say that one sim has a better "feel" or "intensity" or "simulation" of flight than another.

Just pointing that out

I know that flying formation in F4-AF is relatively easy. Try doing it at 400 knots in a SU25 at 30m over undulating terrain in LOMAC- it takes a great deal more focus, control competency, and effort in what I assume is a more realistic presentation of the requirements of real formation flying. You cannot seriously believe that F4's flight model is a realistic presentation of how a F16 actually flies? I certainly don't after experiencing LOMAC's AFM. You do not need to fly high performance jets to make these deductions. Remember we are talking about “relativities” between simulations. We are talking about perception.

9sqcrest.jpg

90 years of Excellence

Actually I'm a bit fed up With this " IS Lomac Dead " Yada Yada Yada.

Cause for the last years Coming to July-August-September the online and

Forum activities plummit, getting more intense when the holyday season is over reaching its peak in winter and early spring.

Meanwhile this topic comes up again and again with endless suggetions about how much better other games are and

" If only ED would do this or that Or ad One thing or another".

Frankly i find you all should sit down , take a deep breath ( or a ziggie ) a cop of Coffee or tea ( or something stronger )

and wait til the weather gets a little colder and the leawes start tumbeling down to the ground .... I'll bet my old greasy

10 gallon Stetson that in a month or two the present topic is long forgotten. ;)

• Like 2

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

Forum activities plummit, getting more intense when the holyday season is over reaching its peak in winter and early spring.

Meanwhile this topic comes up again and again with endless suggetions about how much better other games are and

Frankly i find you all should sit down , take a deep breath ( or a ziggie ) a cop of Coffee or tea ( or something stronger )

and wait til the weather gets a little colder and the leawes start tumbeling down to the ground .... I'll bet my old greasy

10 gallon Stetson that in a month or two the present topic is long forgotten. ;)

amen to that, summer time = most forums dead, winter time they come back to life as if nothing happened... I think it is because people have a life during the summer :) whereas in winter time its cold and dark and most ppl cant be arsed going outside to do stuff in the cold, well in uk anyway, couldnt say for rest of the world but i presume its similar to us..... :icon_wink

Realism is missing?

Were you aware that AAA in F4AF SHOOTS THROUGH MOUNTAINS?

Realism is pretty darn relative when you get down to little things like that ;)

And In LOMAC I get to lock planes through mountains online. ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Couldn't agree more with you CountryCowFreak. It's summer! Enjoy the weather and don't worry too much. People will be back :)

The 1.1 patch might bring them back much faster though :)

s77banner9wh.jpg

Hmm, lets see:

-This game has absolutely no storyline ...

-This game is nowhere near as fun as USAF

So yeah, Devs, before you go ahead and spend countless hours on improving the "AFM" and "KA52s" please take a look at the whole game, and try to find a point for it.

Dude, you're in the wrong place!

Last time I saw, Lomac was a hardcore sim. (Harder that usual arcade ones at least)

As for tostesterone, I guess I just don't get excited when a small dot gets blown up by an even smaller dot creating a tiny explosion without sound. ;)

Seriously dude, you are lost...

Cause for the last years Coming to July-August-September ... that in a month or two the present topic is long forgotten. ;)

Disagree! When was it really booming?!? I was expecting HL players numbers to go up after FC came out, and I'm waiting and waiting. Before it was "oh not everyone got FC yet..." and now it's "oh everyone is on vacation now..." BS!

Online dynamic campaign, multirole fighter for blue side . . .

Seriously, I think alot of people have switched to Falcon 4.0: Allied Force.

I would agree to that.

Because of luck of campaign in LO I have 2 choices basically: go play on 77th server with maxed missile effectiveness (doh ! :) ) or play some isolated missions offline which does not create 'the atmosphere'... Having multirole fighters on blue and red (Su33 with it's dumb bombs does not really do it! at least A2G antiradar munitions needed!) would make more options for mission creators and on-line setups.

And guys who demand realism - what exactly do you want may I ask? More lethal missiles I'm guessing? Deadly AMRAAM? I'm reading your (american) author here - mr. Robert K. Wilkox "Scream of eagles" is the book name. From expert's report prepared for pentagon:

"Almost 600 air-to-air missiles have bee fired by Navy and Air Force pilots in about 360 hostile engagements in Southeast Asia between 17 june 1967 and 17 september 1968. Only about one in TEN “had a probability of achieving a kill”"
This is about sparrow. And now compare to sparrow in LO! Missiles are far less lethal than you think...

Just pointing that out

I know that flying formation in F4-AF is relatively easy. Try doing it at 400 knots in a SU25 at 30m over undulating terrain in LOMAC- it takes a great deal more focus, control competency, and effort in what I assume is a more realistic presentation of the requirements of real formation flying. You cannot seriously believe that F4's flight model is a realistic presentation of how a F16 actually flies? I certainly don't after experiencing LOMAC's AFM. You do not need to fly high performance jets to make these deductions. Remember we are talking about “relativities” between simulations. We are talking about perception.

You're comparing flying the crude Su-25 to an F-16? I would say the Viper is going to be a lot easier to fly in RL.

Buzz

Buzzu, the F-16 FM in F4AF is a rolelr coaster.

Just ebcause the real one is 'easier to fly' doesn't mean it's exempt from teh laws of physics, which the F4AF model DOES NOT DISPLAY.

Vosxod, there are reasons why those missiles had such low Pk. THis is a well known fact. Sparrow as used in Gulf War 1 had a much, MUCH greater Pk - about 0.35 or so.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Even now that I own F4:AF and still am a Strike Fighters affeccionado, I don't loose interest in Lockon, quite on the contrary! In fact, its seems 2 games for the price of one. Did you notice that under the clouds there are also some planes flying in the scenery like the A-10 and the Su-25 Thingy? OK, not that they go any far but they happen to be very fun to, even with the Anemic Flight Model of the latter.

But serious: I still think flying the Su-27/Mig-29/F-15C in Lockon can easily compare with F4:AF!

For aerial engagements, Lockon is *the* game to me, period! I hope ED finds some resources to continue work on this par of the game: I'm really not waiting for the next mud-wrestling competition with Kamov helo's and the likes. I want F-5E, or Mirage 2000! The need for speed drove me to Lockon! Being able to fly Flanker and Fulcrum is just fantastic, thank you ED!

Please look again at the beatiful picture of the Su-27 you have in the game: this is an aircraft. It starts with the looks. Trying to model aerodynamic oddities like the Hog and Thingy has its merits, but also its limitations I guess!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I also hate to sound gloomy, but I'm also disappointed at the numbers online and wonder what is going on? I haven't played much myself lately but that's just because everytime I log onto hyperlobby there is just nobody online.

I'll admit I don't get on till usually 11 p.m. EST so I'm not in primetime for the east coast USA but man does it seem dead. There has definitley been a noticeable drop off in players. I sure home some peeps come back.

It just seems like in 1.1 there were a lot more people playing, then 1.2 came along and servers were packed then a large drop off in players.

I still enjoy this game FWIW, and can play offline and have a blast but I really crave the multiplayer experience. Maybe I should just join a squad and play some co-ops and intersquad matches.

I had the pleasure one time of flying with the S77th in a closed mission against the AI and must say it was the most fun I ever had playing online. Regretfully, though I'm living in a small apartment now and can't use teamspeak without waking up my kid so joining a squad for the moment is out of the question until we move in a few months to our new house.

If anyone though is a member of a squad that plays regularly online that would allow me to join but use teamspeak for only LISTENING I would really be interested in playing more. I'd even be willing to kick in a few bucks each month for server hosting. I just can't talk or risk waking up the baby and feeling the wrath of mom when the kid wakes up as a yell into the MIC - lol :)

And guys who demand realism - what exactly do you want may I ask? More lethal missiles I'm guessing? Deadly AMRAAM?...This is about sparrow. And now compare to sparrow in LO! Missiles are far less lethal than you think...

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? First of all, the AIM-7M Sparrow missile in LOMAC is a lot better than the AIM-7E used in Vietnam. Secondly, if you think the performance of AAMs in Vietnam was bad, read a bit on how Russian AAMs performed in Ethiopia - 30+ years after Vietnam. And thirdly, SARH missiles are overmodelled in LOMAC in general. Missiles of the 1980s like the R-27ER and AIM-7M are just as capable BVR as the AIM-120 and R-77, both at least a decade newer and much more advanced - there's obviously something wrong about that.

No offense meant to anyone here, but the Su-27S modelled in LOMAC is more an F-15A class threat, and is actually pretty out-dated compared to the MiG-29S and F-15C MSIP. It seems that the overmodelling of AIM-7/R-27 missiles is just a way to keep the Su-27 as a viable contender in a BVR arena that should be dominated by AMRAAMs and R-77s, missiles that should be almost twice as lethal as their SARH counterparts (as the AIM-120 vs. AIM-7M combat records suggests).

sigzk5.jpg

...even with that over modeling people are going back again to the AMRAAM and R-77 online again. Many people get killed while still guiding their SARH's missiles.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I would agree to that.

Because of luck of campaign in LO I have 2 choices basically: go play on 77th server with maxed missile effectiveness (doh ! :) )

That missile slider must really be stuck to your head. Most people do not mind that setting at all nor do even pay attention to it. They just have fun and enjoy the sim rather than put it under a microscope and find something wrong with it.

I have told one of your members (609 Recon I think) who also posted about the 'Missile slider setting.

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=8391&page=4&pp=10

Your squad is invited for a friendly match with the S77th with your preferred 'missile slider' setting. Drop us a line and we would gladly arrange something so that you don't get bored. You can also join the Lomac League and play against other squads.

Sorry that the missile slider setting bothers you so much. I am sure our server is not the only one out there. Do not feel that you have to play with the maximum missile setting. I see many servers in HL all the time. Jabog, dreyou, 169th, 44th and 504th. Pick a server which suits your needs. Peace!

s77banner9wh.jpg

And In LOMAC I get to lock planes through mountains online. ;)

Hmmm I don't know if we are playing the same game, but I can't lock planes through mountains. Do you have 1.1 or 1.02?

I have 1.1 and I can't do that anyone else?

Disagree! When was it really booming?!? I was expecting HL players numbers to go up after FC came out, and I'm waiting and waiting.

Well what did you expect ? ... That FC would surpass all other online sims ? or increase with 100 - 200 - 300 % ?

" and now it's "oh everyone is on vacation now..." BS!

Well if you think that BS'ing other peoples opinion, and whining about waiting and waiting will convince more people to play Lock On, i think your wrong

Whoa :) I got jumped! Nice repsonse time guys - maybe community is not dead after all...

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? First of all, the AIM-7M Sparrow missile in LOMAC is a lot better than the AIM-7E used in Vietnam.

I do have pretty good idea, relax. Of course I realize missiles are much better in 80s than in late 60s... The question is how nuch better?

Secondly, if you think the performance of AAMs in Vietnam was bad, read a bit on how Russian AAMs performed in Ethiopia - 30+ years after Vietnam.

What this has to do with GENERAL discussion about missile effectiveness in LO? I dont care whos got bigger "you know what" ...

And thirdly, SARH missiles are overmodelled in LOMAC in general...

Now thats funny - after jumping me you agree to what I said :). However I bet you would not agree that active missiles are overmodeled as well.

Now thats funny - after jumping me you agree to what I said . However I bet you would not agree that active missiles are overmodeled as well.

Of course, in some respects they are ;) It's just that they are also a lot more bugged than the SARH, with the occasional and entirely spontaneous target switching, etc.

Sorry, didn't mean to jump you. But your statement about all westerners wanting a deathray AMRAAM was a bit uncalled for ;)

sigzk5.jpg

That missile slider must really be stuck to your head. Most people do not mind that setting at all nor do even pay attention to it. They just have fun and enjoy the sim rather than put it under a microscope and find something wrong with it.

I have told one of your members (609 Recon I think) who also posted about the 'Missile slider setting.

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=8391&page=4&pp=10

Your squad is invited for a friendly match with the S77th with your preferred 'missile slider' setting. Drop us a line and we would gladly arrange something so that you don't get bored. You can also join the Lomac League and play against other squads.

Sorry that the missile slider setting bothers you so much. I am sure our server is not the only one out there. Do not feel that you have to play with the maximum missile setting. I see many servers in HL all the time. Jabog, dreyou, 169th, 44th and 504th. Pick a server which suits your needs. Peace!

Well I think it wrong setting and I will use all opportunities to bring ppl attention to it. I like your server except this thing...

About squad match - could be good idea! :) We have 4 609ners now flying LO and fifth supposed to join very soon. I, of course, the veteran is this group - I started LO about 1 year ago :) LOL!

And finally about choice of server - believe you me I allways join different server in HL with realistic effect setting if there are at least 2-3 ppl on it. However 80% of the time all these servers are empty and there are some 5-6 players on S77 - so there is no choice ...

Well what did you expect ? ... That FC would surpass all other online sims ? or increase with 100 - 200 - 300 % ?...

Well if you think that BS'ing other peoples opinion, and whining about waiting and waiting will convince more people to play Lock On, i think your wrong

I hoped that popularity will grow. At least to have several servers with constant attendance, more players your know?

I dont think about BS'ing or not BS'ing really - you think about it if you like. I'm trying to call things what they are. If there seems to be a problem - I say - there is problem guys. You can call it whining if you like, call it whatever...

Well I think it wrong setting and I will use all opportunities to bring ppl attention to it. I like your server except this thing...

About squad match - could be good idea! :) We have 4 609ners now flying LO and fifth supposed to join very soon. I, of course, the veteran is this group - I started LO about 1 year ago :) LOL!

And finally about choice of server - believe you me I allways join different server in HL with realistic effect setting if there are at least 2-3 ppl on it. However 80% of the time all these servers are empty and there are some 5-6 players on S77 - so there is no choice ...

Excellent! Let us know when you would like to do a match. 4 vs. 4 or 5 vs. 5(when your fifth joins)

Do you guys have a website?

s77banner9wh.jpg