Having problems taxiing

jpanside

Nub pilot here getting stuck taxiing. For some reason I cannot steer the aircraft and move it left or right in the direction I want. I only have a keyboard so I am using the arrow keys to move.

Nose wheel steering is engaged but I am having no luck. I can see that the flaps are moving and the joystick is moving about, but the aircraft does not move left or right.

also, I seem to be getting stuck, I am at full throttle but the aircraft just sits there. is it possible for the aircraft to become stuck in the grass? I released all the brakes and I am not pressing W...but the plane wants to lurch forward but does not move. Thank you.

If the stick is moving, you are using the wrong control. The NWS is coupled to the rudder pedals. Defaulty keyboard controls are Z and X

And yes, the plane can get stuck if it departs prepared surfaces.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hey EthernalN...

Is this actually a bug or a feature?

I mean. It's obvious that unprepared ground is more blocking to the aircraft than solid one, but the A-10 can get blocked that much that you can't move it at all anymore.

Even at full throttle it remains captured be the ground...

Is that the case in rl too?

Cheers...

If the stick is moving, you are using the wrong control. The NWS is coupled to the rudder pedals. Defaulty keyboard controls are Z and X

And yes, the plane can get stuck if it departs prepared surfaces.

Would I be right in guessing that the aircraft??? pictured is not nearly as heavy as a loaded hawg?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Would I be right in guessing that the aircraft??? pictured is not nearly as heavy as a loaded hawg?

Quite so - a Saratoga.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Quite so - a Saratoga.

Hmm, the tires are a lot smaller of course but at only 10-15% of the weight of an A-10...

I guess they try real hard to keep them on the runway in RL.:music_whistling:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Have you turned on the nose gear steering with the "insert" key?

Nose wheel steering is engaged but I am having no luck. I can see that the flaps are moving and the joystick is moving about, but the aircraft does not move left or right.

He said so in his original post. I also think it may be resolved now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A785D-M Pro | XFX 650W XXX | AMD Phenom II X4 B55 Black Edition 3.2ghz | 4GB Corsair XMS2 DHX 800mhz | XFX HD 5770 1GB @ 850/1200 | Windows 7 64bit | Logitech G35 | Logitech Mx518 | TrackIR 4

My TrackIR Profile ( Speed 1.2 / Smooth 30 ) - Right click & save as.