Flaming Cliffs 3

Vecko

owwh my God ! I'm pretty surprised from that news ! I don't know if it makes me happy or not... I thought ED was working on a fighter with a good cliccable cockpit ... I surely I'll buy it , for the sake of fun that gives fight Vs human instead only AI :smilewink:

• Like 2

61st Sq 'Griffins'- Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost exclusivley fly the Su-25T, though do own the Ka-50 & A-10C modules.

Anxiously awaiting a official announcement from ED about FC3 which, hopefully would add new mission generation possibilities.

Just wondering if FC3 would add FAC, JTAC to the Russian side?

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

I think I need to see a price point and the features before I form an opinion on whether or not this avenue for development will be worth it. I do feel that such an update will always be useful to someone, however this brings into question at what point will ED stop patching FC to play with DCS.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Sooo... would fc3 be a patch to update from fc2 or will it be a stand alone game or both? Great news I was wondering what was going to happen next. DCS will take a while before they have enough aircraft to out perform all the other sims. Don't get me wrong it does out perform other sims, but when the variety of aircraft start coming in, DCS will probally retire a lot of the older combat sims. DCS needed this to keep the community large and make future sims compatible with fc2 until, like I said before, they have enough aircraft to be a stand alone sim.

A-10s and F-15s vs Su-25Ts and Su-27s. Nevada. Red Flag.

I like this whole FC3 thing.

Better external graphics, lighting/shadows, and who knows what else. I really just hope that When FC3 is finished, we can CLEARLY see a difference between FC2 and FC3. My worry is that it'll end up being the same product with a very well done patch.

And people have brought this up in other threads: will the Flaming Cliffs series just continue to FCx, or will the DCS series adopt one engine for good and have closely tied DCS/FC products, having each new module fit perfectly into the existing base of products? I mean, ED can't continue to do this "Lockon -> DCS -> compatability development-> Lockon II-> DCS -> compatibiltiy development -> Lockon III, etc." pattern, can it?

Nonetheless, godspeed developers, testers; continue to make these products which we love so much.

-Goose

Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz, Sapphire 5870, TM Warthog, 4 GB RAM, Windows 7

If FC2 can be 'patched' to DCS Blackshark it stands to reason to patch it to A-10C.

Edit: Thats a personal opinion btw and in no way reflects devlopment.................................or not.

Thats right the best approach is like il2 make addons acumulative and the sim evolve with future patches. An FC3 must have value for money so a patch for FC2 to make it MP compatible is something that should be free. FC3 should be something that is adding more aircraft to the sim. Being FC level detail anything without a gun or radar such as slow movers are a possibility. transport helicopters that are unarmed or only carry unguided missiles. Another one is tanks/ships and an SDK although technically an SDK has the potential to earn ED more money in the long term if they make mods as easy as FSX for payware. Same approach and payware companys would no doubt consider it.(eg VRS:music_whistling: )

Ideas for fast cheap Flaming Cliffs addons:

Ships pack

Tanks pack

Transport choppers

Heavy Transport aircraft

Ideas for DCS/FC addon pack:

Global map

Terrain detail for theatres

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

This would be great if it's true and happens. Sick of all the wannabe's talking about hardcore DCS, they have no idea what that means. Looking forward to seeing ED say something about this though. This would be a good move I think. A sure way to make some extra money!

• Like 1

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Sick of all the wannabe's talking about hardcore DCS, they have no idea what that means.

While you are a bit harsher than I would be, I do have to agree. A lot of people don't quite understand what a detailed simulation means - and what it does not mean. If you want to learn how to start and operate a "real" plane, you need something "hardcore" like DCS. But if you want to learn how to actually conduct aerial warfare, something like FC does the job perfectly. You don't need a clickable cockpit to learn how to execute proper tactics and how to maintain your SA in a furball, nor do you need über-fidelity flight models.

Of course, in a perfect world (that is, after a couple more DCS products) we can have all of those things at the same time, but for now there is still a lot to be said for a survey simulator like FC. "Hardcore" or not is a question of how you use it more than a question of the product itself. Hell - you can even use a game like Quake for perfectly "hardcore" purposes - set health to 20% and let the students learn the value of proper advancement techniques. (And mind you, Quake is stupidly difficult when you have pretty much zero health and have to co-op meituclously with your teammates to survive a match.)

Edited by EtherealN
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Будет патч совместимости ГС с А-10.

hm... :suspect: so... he's saying... "There will be patch..." something, something "... with A-10" :dontgetit:

No longer active in DCS...

This would be great if it's true and happens. Sick of all the wannabe's talking about hardcore DCS, they have no idea what that means. Looking forward to seeing ED say something about this though. This would be a good move I think. A sure way to make some extra money!

Quite right, along with EtherealN. People have no clue what hardcore is. It has nothing to do with the presence of buttons and switches that do "stuff" in the cockpit. It has MORE to do with how the virtual pilot(s) conduct their flight.

Gentlemen, the name of the "game" is Air Combat. Anything that furthers the goal of simulating Air Combat - within the sim, and how we fly and fight with our simulated aircraft, with our simulated wingmen, determines whether the goal of simulating a fighter pilot's day is realized.

I already have pushed enough buttons and flicked enough switches IRL. What I want to do is get in the jet, and get in the air with my flight and use Real World tactics to accomplish the mission. I don't have to start the engines in a realistic manner while worrying about no/false/hung/hot starts, check my flight controls with the crew chief, taxi by the IFF testing gear, go to the arm/dearm pit, have my pins removed, and then takeoff, point my radar elsewhere while worrying about interfering with my wingmen's radar checks....

What I'd like is a nice simulation of MODERN AIR COMBAT PERIOD. I don't care about ON, NORMAL, NORMAL, good blinker, because I'm not wearing a helmet (unlike some of you guys :megalol:) with your O2 masks on tight....:doh:

Some of you guys want all of the above... well, that's nice... but it gets real old real quick. (oh, not for me! I love all the minutae, some might say. Well good on you.)

FC3 interacting with the DCS world can be as real as it gets, so long as improvements are made that help FC2 model Real World capabilities and limitations of weapons, radars, ECM, ECCM (if able), and tactics.

It's up to the mission designers, squadrons, etc. to come up with realistic scenarios that model what so-called "Hardcore" simmers want out of a MODERN AIR COMBAT simulation.

• Like 2

That was one of the best announcements for a long long time!

I totally agree that the in-between-compatibility of fc,bs and a10 is a must for the sim-community! Just go ahead on a usual mid-week evening and check available servers for dcs-a10 (few, mostly passworded) versus FC2-Servers (many, mostly unlocked).

After all most people want to share their flying experience online in a multiplayer experience, some with more, some with less hardcore-modeled planes.

Speaking for myself I love the A-10 so much I invested much $ for hardware upgrades, but watching all the youtube-videos with croweded FC2-Servers with all that red vs. blue action kind of makes me sad, so that i reinstalled fc2...

I am really looking forward to FC3, which will be the most important step for the community for this year. Hopefully this year... Please ?-)

9900k, 2080TI, 64GB, ssd, valve index, Thrustmaster on virpil, virpil cm2 throttle, tpr pedals, mfd.

FC3 interacting with the DCS world can be as real as it gets, so long as improvements are made that help FC2 model Real World capabilities and limitations of weapons, radars, ECM, ECCM (if able), and tactics......

That right there is the essence of the argument.

LockOn does not adequately model Real World capabilities and limitations of weapons, radars, ECM, ECCM. Imperative to be added to that list is probably the most important aspect - the Flight Model. DCS at present does as far as circumstances permit and continues to improve upon said modelling with every reiteration.

If LockOn had to be tweaked to bring it up to DCS standards in relating to Flight Model, Weapons, Radars, ECM etc etc then we'll have DCS - Realistically we all know that's not gonna happen......to LockOn, that is.

The argument of Hard-Core vs Non-Hardcore therefore does not stem from the fact that there are more buttons to press et al, but rather the fact that with DCS it takes 100% of effort/2 minutes to attend to a specific goal, whereas in LockOn it takes 50%/1 minute to attend to the very same goal.

Taking the extremely simplified example as above one can understand why DCS users will be a wee bit irritated at a LockOn users who rely on the inherent 'simpleness' of the LockOn Flight Model/Weapons model etc etc to obtain an advantage, be it in time, effort or otherwise, in a mission - Therein lies the problem, albeit one easily solved by server-specific missions.

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Soooooo, is Flaming Cliffs 3 official yet or what... Yes or No

No.

Official Updates will be contained/released in the relevant forum: http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=105

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Super awesome.

All crosshairs on Mower please.

Preferably just after he has meticulously completed startup procedures :)

anyway, he used "quick startup cheat" :megalol:

I need to spread positive rep around, before I can give RIPTIDE again, for his post #48... :)

Edited by MoGas