Pre-set HDR options of Off, Normal, Hard, and Soft added

skouras

i just saw this for the upcoming patch...i know what the HDR is and i love it a a lot in the sims...but what he means when he says hard soft normal:huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

thanks;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Nate, does this mean we will see an option to have HDR more like the way it used to be in the beta's? Without having to use the tweak you found.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A785D-M Pro | XFX 650W XXX | AMD Phenom II X4 B55 Black Edition 3.2ghz | 4GB Corsair XMS2 DHX 800mhz | XFX HD 5770 1GB @ 850/1200 | Windows 7 64bit | Logitech G35 | Logitech Mx518 | TrackIR 4

My TrackIR Profile ( Speed 1.2 / Smooth 30 ) - Right click & save as.

A guess, soft is more blurry, hard is more sharp? Can testers confirm or give some clues to what they mean?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Or soft is warmer colours, hard is colder colours?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Nate, does this mean we will see an option to have HDR more like the way it used to be in the beta's? Without having to use the tweak you found.

The Soft option was supposed to be the same as the Beta HDR, but I didn't finish in time to get it into the patch. The new HDR mod of the new HDR options will have the Soft option back to the Beta HDR as well as improving the NORMAL and HARD settings. But it is all subjective to be honest, you may prefer the version that shipped with 1.1.0.8.

Nate

The Soft option was supposed to be the same as the Beta HDR, but I didn't finish in time to get it into the patch. The new HDR mod of the new HDR options will have the Soft option back to the Beta HDR as well as improving the NORMAL and HARD settings. But it is all subjective to be honest, you may prefer the version that shipped with 1.1.0.8.

Nate

Sounds good to me, I've still got the old HDR file but it's on disc and I haven't got around to getting it onto my pc again. Love the blurriness of the beta HDR though, not realistic but I liked how it looked and really miss it.

From what you said I take it you've done the work yourself, if that's the case then thank you.

Is patch coming today?

I doubt anyone can say for sure, the installer reached the testers the other day so it shouldn't be long at all. They are known for creeping things up on us though :).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A785D-M Pro | XFX 650W XXX | AMD Phenom II X4 B55 Black Edition 3.2ghz | 4GB Corsair XMS2 DHX 800mhz | XFX HD 5770 1GB @ 850/1200 | Windows 7 64bit | Logitech G35 | Logitech Mx518 | TrackIR 4

My TrackIR Profile ( Speed 1.2 / Smooth 30 ) - Right click & save as.