Graphic Options and HDR

anthonye

When I go into the options for graphics and turn HDR off, then load the mission I just end up with a full green screen with just the sound ok.

If I then go back and turn HDR on, everything is fine, graphics show ok no stutter etc.

I tried an ealier Ati driver and this made now difference to turning of HDR.

I went into the saved games\options and deleted the options.lua and tried again, again no difference when selecting HDR off. I noticed that the HDR was false in the options file and also tried full screen to off, this stayed at full screen.

Perhaps someone could advise on this

ATI Radeon HD 5850 1GB Series, Latest driver 11.5

Processor Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E8600 3.33GHz

8gb ram

Windows 7 64bit

Thanks

Anthony

It is catalyst 11.5 - somebody mentioned reinstalling DirectX helps - either that or go back to 11.4

Nate

I installed 11.4 as you said, had the same problem. I uninstalled 11.4 and this time did not install the catalyst control center, just the drivers, this then worked without any problems.

So it must be the catalyst control center that is doing it. I have heard that people do not install CCC, is there another util to do the same, awhile ago I remember there was Ati Tools, does anyone know if it is still around or something else like it so I can adjust the Anisotropic settings etc.

Thanks

Anthony

Edited by anthonye

Good to know thanks.

Nate

Looks like I spoke too soon. I re-installed 11.4 driver this time with the CCC, happened again so installed DX9 again, still green screen.

Before I had just the 11.4 drivers only without CCC, but with atitray tools, this seemed to fix it, so it seems that it is the ati Catalyst contol center causing it.

I will install just the 11.4 drivers and atitray tools again and see if I get a good result again.

Sorry

Anthony

No, can't get it back to how it was, green screen again with just sound. Must of been just a chance that it worked ok, spent too much time on it now.

Will see what it's like with patch 08 when released

Anthony

No, can't get it back to how it was, green screen again with just sound. Must of been just a chance that it worked ok, spent too much time on it now.

Will see what it's like with patch 08 when released

Anthony

Uninstall using driversweeper, boot into safe mode and run it from there,

Its a free program.

Then boot up and install fresh drivers.

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5