BS with Win 7 64?

yup, same here, works great.

I would just make sure the hardware that you might have at the moment is compatible with 64 bit and has the necessary drivers. I'd also recommend at least 4GB of RAM on Windows 7 64bit.

Corsair 550D / Be Quiet 650W Pro 10 / ASUS P8Z77-V Pro / Intel i5 3570K / 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz / EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2 4GB / 128GB Samsung 830 / RME HDSPe Multiface 2 / 1TB Samsung F3 / Prolimatech Megalames Rev. B / Windows 10 / BenQ XL2420T / Saitek X52 Pro / Kone Pure+ / Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja

The days when using 64-bit offered any real compatibility issues with software are long gone - at least in the Windows ecosystem. 64-bit windows execute 32-bit code just fine through the translation layer. Obviously driver incompatibiilties might happen, but this is extremely rare nowadays and usually only applies to old hardware that is no longer supported by it's manufacturer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yeah, don't worry about it, I have been playing black shark on my 7 64 bit system for a while now with no issues. and yeah, try to do for 6 or more GB of RAM. I don't know if it is just me, but I routinely use 5.5 GB doing nothing because I have so many background tasks running.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

I don't know if it is just me, but I routinely use 5.5 GB doing nothing because I have so many background tasks running.

Unless you manually turn it off, Vista and 7 have a feature that pre-loads some files that it finds that you are using very often to speed up the loading process of a given application. The more RAM you have, the more RAM it'll use for this purpose. This will make the commit charge of the OS look bigger than it really is.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

BS runs better on win 7 64bit for me. Get to use all my ram now.

Just curious, is it really necessary to have more than 8GB of DDR3 RAM to run black shark on high settings? Considering the rest of the hardware on the comp is fairly sufficient (like a core i5 2500k, asus p67 mobo, and gtx 560 GPU)

Unless you manually turn it off, Vista and 7 have a feature that pre-loads some files that it finds that you are using very often to speed up the loading process of a given application. The more RAM you have, the more RAM it'll use for this purpose. This will make the commit charge of the OS look bigger than it really is.

This is actually a great feature. I really notice it in BS & any titles that have long load times - the 2nd run is much, much quicker.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tango this is November Oscar, your'e cleared to get 7 64 bits, strike package Delta Charlie Sierra Bravo Sierra.. How copy..

Sorry couldnt help it... Yeah I have win 7 64 bit, with 3.8 gigs of non-system ram, a 1gb 5650 mobility radeon and a 500 gig HD. its great. Only thing I'm missing is a decent HOTAS. :D

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

my question is--with the incoming compatibility patch, will BS become native 64bit? I doubt it--just wishing.

Why wouldn't it? If they patch DCS Ka-50 to DCS A-10C engine that's exactly what will happen... you get to fly the chopper in DCS A-10C world... which will be nice.

The whole idea behind DCS Series was/is to have each module be upgraded to newer and improved DCS graphics/sound/etc engine... so future is good :thumbup:

No longer active in DCS...

No, as BS is still a 32bit app, it will not be able to adress more then 4GB.

2GB :)

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

For some reason I didn't think it was largeaddressaware but you're quite right:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\bin\x86\stable>dumpbin /headers simulator.exe | find /i "can handle large"
                  Application can handle large (>2GB) addresses

Thank you.

Edited by topdog

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]