Can't control the 25T in A/G mode?!

Well this is a new one -

After not flying for a while, I hopped in my 25T tonight and gave the TV-guided training mission a try. For some reason, as soon as I switch on the EOS, my controls go dead - no aileron or elevator control whatsoever. Also my mouse, which I have mapped to my Cougar microstick through Foxy, and then the mouse in-game, does nothing. But as soon as I switch that EOS off, I'm OK again.

Anybody else ever come across something like this? I'm a pretty competent Cougar user so I don't think I've screwed anything up on that end. I map all the axes in-game anyway, and I haven't changed anything in a while.

Right now my setup is:

Cougar Axis1: Pitch

Cougar Axis0: Aileron

Cougar Axis2: Thrust

CH Pedals Axis2: Rudder

Mouse Axis0: Radar slew horiz

Mouse Axis1: Radar slew vert

The training missions are hands off unless you select to fly. You should try the instant action mission for the 25T. Fire up the shivkal and take out the avenger in the convoy, then you'll have all the space you need to practice.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the suggestions guys. However to answer your questions, yes I'm verified that all AP functions were off, as I was flying the plane just fine right up until I hit 'o' to turn the Shkval on. Also the same thing was happening in the quick start mission.

Anyway, I solved it, by totally defaulting all my controller inputs and then reassigning all of them. Something weird is going on with my setup. I spent about an hour today trying all kinds of different combinations of setups until I finally get it straightened out. I think the main problem was binding my mouse to controller axes. Doing this in different ways kept screwing up other controller functions.

Finally I got it stable. One weird thing - I thought the consensus seemed to be, that if you wanted to use the mouse to slew the HUD TDC, you had to set your mouse axes to control 'TDC' for A/A modes but 'Radar slew' to A/G modes ... and I've just found that not to be true, although I'm SURE I had it this way before. Now I can set the mouse to control TDC and it works for both A/A and A/G - well at least for the Su-27 and Su-25T; I guess I should try the F-15 and A-10 just to be sure.

Anyway, that actually makes things easier, as I don't need to change any controller mappings when switching from A/A to A/G aircraft (aside from changing the axis response curves for the Su-25's).

EDIT: Through testing I figured out what the weird TDC inconsistency was that I remembered - it's for the A-10. This is the only aircraft for which, even though the same keyboard keys are used as all the other a/c (;',/), in the controller axis setup, you must assign the mouse to 'Radar slew' instead of TDC in order to have them work correctly. That's definitely a bug.

• 1 month later...

Killjoy,

The Maverick seeker in the A-10 does work, but the controls need to be mapped to the radar rather than TDC axes. As far as I can remember, this is the case for the standard Su-25 as well (might be wrong on that one).

It's both illogical and infuriating, having to constantly change setups in order to fly different aircraft but unfortunately I haven't seen any mention of this being changed in the upcoming patch. Best keep yer fingers crossed.

B

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Ideally we'd see not only control axis assignments selectable for each plane, but also axis responses too, as the devs recommend using linear response curves for the -25T but standard 'curved' curves for all the rest.

Sort of surprising that this feature is not already in there.

But at a minimum, changing the A-10 to have TDC control the seeker would make sense.